6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

I do think Meadows not playing def. hurt Smyrna but you probably couldve ran the same thing just to the other side. He would've made a dramatic difference though I mean hes our best player

This one is getting beat pretty hard too Prince. Our starting QB is our leading rusher and had thrown for a td. And we did not go into the game "knowing" he would not be playing. We went half the game with him, with him basically dominating and then lost him.

Why would he? He spent one semester there during the last half of the 7th grade. Shawn has been a Maryville student from the beginning.

Probably likes playing in competitive games, where he can be a true difference maker as well. :thumb:

This post will very well be my last post seeing as i am a senior.....Our team played great last night i couldnt be more proud of my team....Minor mistakes and miscues did us in against a great Maryville team....Being that i played on the Smyrna team and am now a former player of this team i must say i wish the outcome was different. No matter congrats go out to all of the Maryville supporters they are the 6A champs, nothing can change that. And to my fellow seniors on the Smyrna team, we played our hearts out and i gave yall everything i could on that field last night, it was a joy playing with yall as a family, and look forward to watchin some of yall on saturdays....

with that i will say my final goodbye to the "T",

Signing off, Bulldogpride2011

This post will very well be my last post seeing as i am a senior.....Our team played great last night i couldnt be more proud of my team....Minor mistakes and miscues did us in against a great Maryville team....Being that i played on the Smyrna team and am now a former player of this team i must say i wish the outcome was different. No matter congrats go out to all of the Maryville supporters they are the 6A champs, nothing can change that. And to my fellow seniors on the Smyrna team, we played our hearts out and i gave yall everything i could on that field last night, it was a joy playing with yall as a family, and look forward to watchin some of yall on saturdays....

with that i will say my final goodbye to the "T",

Signing off, Bulldogpride2011

BDPride:

You will find as you get older that following your team will provide you a lot of joy, too. Please don't sign off. Hang in here and continue the conversation.

First off let me say, sorry it took me so long to post I got home late last night and had to go in to work early this morning. Now WOW what a GREAT GAME grill my crow please. CONGRATS to MARRYVILLE for a great game and for winning the 6A State CHAMPIONSHIP. You guys are now the BIG BOYS. Let me say your special teams did an excellent job pinning us back behind our 5 yard line 3 times I believe and that was the winning factor because of them and your line for the safety. So let me tell you this crow taste terrible!!!! BUT another CONGRATS to MARRYVILLE

You will hear no excuses from me just glad it was a great game and not like the game before us

No doubt the TWO best teams played for the GOLD BALL in 6A

Smyrna you have no reason to hang your head be proud CONGRATS to you and your season.

First off let me say, sorry it took me so long to post I got home late last night and had to go in to work early this morning. Now WOW what a GREAT GAME grill my crow please. CONGRATS to MARRYVILLE for a great game and for winning the 6A State CHAMPIONSHIP. You guys are now the BIG BOYS. Let me say your special teams did an excellent job pinning us back behind our 5 yard line 3 times I believe and that was the winning factor because of them and your line for the safety. So let me tell you this crow taste terrible!!!! BUT another CONGRATS to MARRYVILLE

You will hear no excuses from me just glad it was a great game and not like the game before us

No doubt the TWO best teams played for the GOLD BALL in 6A

Smyrna you have no reason to hang your head be proud CONGRATS to you and your season.

Way to Man Up BullyDog !! Just gained a lot of Respect for ya ! Maryville knew they were in a Huge "Dawg Fight" no doubt . Smyrna was without a doubt the best team in 6A that we played this year .

I do think Meadows not playing def. hurt Smyrna but you probably couldve ran the same thing just to the other side. He would've made a dramatic difference though I mean hes our best player

This one is getting beat pretty hard too Prince. Our starting QB is our leading rusher and had thrown for a td. And we did not go into the game "knowing" he would not be playing. We went half the game with him, with him basically dominating and then lost him.

I understand that but saying you wouldve scored 21 more points I dont think you would have. The adjustment Smyrna made at halftime basically ended the option play. Yall were getting hit almost as soon as you got the ball in the backfield with the exception of the last drive. Look Maryville won and did what they had to to win I understand that but people saying they weren't impressed with Shs sound dumb. You got whooped pretty good in the second half and 9 out of 10 times you would lose that game in that situation. So I guess maryville isnt very good either then. I mean you guys are making excuses for why you didn't play well the second half and you won. I dont get it. It seems like insecurity to me because you know in the second half you didn't look very good. Fact is you breezed by and a more disciplined team like Blackman would beat yall there. I say Blackman because I believe they are about equal with Smyrna but you wouldn't matchup well with them at all. Now obviously they werent there but I'm trying to prove a point here. Now you did deserve it I'm not saying you didn't because you did. This is not trying to take away from your team but to knock some sense into your posters. I mean I feel like we were watching two different ballgames or something. Maybe somebody slipped me something in my drink that made me imagine a different world but yall make it sound like you dominated and that was certainly not the case. If yall are going to use excuses as the winner as to why you didn't win by more then I will do the same thing. Deon Meadows best LB in Tn arguably. If he plays you lose. Bye Bye Board bash away. Done!

I understand that but saying you wouldve scored 21 more points I dont think you would have....... If he plays you lose. Bye Bye Board bash away. Done!

Let me paraphrase your thinking. "YOU guys are not allowed to speculate what would have happened if your starting quarterback/leading rusher could have played the second half. BUT IIIII am allowed to speculate if our LB played. We would have won."

Let me show you the reality of what actually happened.

FINAL SCORE: Maryville 23 Smyrna 21.

We'll take the ring, you can have the speculation :)

I understand that but saying you wouldve scored 21 more points I dont think you would have. The adjustment Smyrna made at halftime basically ended the option play. Yall were getting hit almost as soon as you got the ball in the backfield with the exception of the last drive. Look Maryville won and did what they had to to win I understand that but people saying they weren't impressed with Shs sound dumb. You got whooped pretty good in the second half and 9 out of 10 times you would lose that game in that situation. So I guess maryville isnt very good either then. I mean you guys are making excuses for why you didn't play well the second half and you won. I dont get it. It seems like insecurity to me because you know in the second half you didn't look very good. Fact is you breezed by and a more disciplined team like Blackman would beat yall there. I say Blackman because I believe they are about equal with Smyrna but you wouldn't matchup well with them at all. Now obviously they werent there but I'm trying to prove a point here. Now you did deserve it I'm not saying you didn't because you did. This is not trying to take away from your team but to knock some sense into your posters. I mean I feel like we were watching two different ballgames or something. Maybe somebody slipped me something in my drink that made me imagine a different world but yall make it sound like you dominated and that was certainly not the case. If yall are going to use excuses as the winner as to why you didn't win by more then I will do the same thing. Deon Meadows best LB in Tn arguably. If he plays you lose. Bye Bye Board bash away. Done!

So we're the one making excuses ? :roflol: So by Maryville just mentioning the fact that we lost our best player and still won we're making excuses ? Patton Robinette threw 21TD passes and only 1 INT this year , plus he was our leading rusher .... yet you think losing him made no difference ? Would losing your QB & RB Bryson be the equal to losing your linebacker ?

Also .... Blackman? Was that another " Imaginary loss" for MHS & Coach Quarles ?? WOW !!! We are getting hammered today in the " Imaginary Game League " aka the IGL ... Come on Coach Quarles this is making us look terrible !! My last count was we've lost very , very badly to Alcoa again today , plus Ensworth , Greeneville , Webb , Columbia , Baylor , Signal Mountain , and now Blackman has beat us ... 0-8 just today ... boy this IGL season is going to be a long , tough one :thumb: