5A State Championship: Columbia Central vs Hendersonville

lexi

Someone said earlier that the Columbia line would wear down the HHS line.......

They obviously haven't seen the front of HHS's O and D. If the boys from Columbia can wear down HHS then they are all stud's. HHS is big, strong, and most of all athletic. The two ILB's in HHS's 50 defense can go sideline to sideline as well as stuff anything you bring up the gut. If you wanna play Big on Big against HHS you better bring a full lunch and some leftovers from last nights dinner too!

I'm going to agree to disagree with you on this HH's may have some big boys playing but knowing what central line has and knowing how hard the coaches have worked them this I'm going to agree with what another guy said that central will be more physical and wear them down in the 4th. After being in the locker room these past few weeks for the pre-game talk and everything I'm going to have to say this is central's year it just seems like they are out for blood after losing last year, but none-the-less it's going to be a great game from what I hear so good luck to both teams and central takes it by 7

Ozzy, you are underestimating the Commandos. They will find a way to win. This team is on fire and has huge community support. You wouldn't believe the crowd they took to Memphis. The Roadrunners were blown away by it. They've even got their own song. It will be hard for Columbia to overcome the momentum that HHS has going into this game.

. Edited by CommandoWarrior

Ozzy, you are underestimating the Commandos. They will find a way to win. This team is on fire and has huge community support. You wouldn't believe the crowd they took to Memphis. The Roadrunners were blown away by it. They've even got their own song. It will be hard for Columbia to overcome the momentum that HHS has going into this game.

I may have to pull for the Commandos based on this youtube clip!!!! That is pretty cool!!!! :flower:

Well I haven't seen them play but central after getting beaten by beech last year is out to get the title. and so what if they have their own song that means nothing besides that some kid from the school decided to throw something together that says the same thing half the song. and yes i listened to it. and im just going by what i've seen and been told from every other game that central has been more in shape and more physical by the time that the 4th quarter comes around. so unless these kids have been run ragged all summer and all season long like central's has im going to stick with what i said

Well I haven't seen them play but central after getting beaten by beech last year is out to get the title. and so what if they have their own song that means nothing besides that some kid from the school decided to throw something together that says the same thing half the song. and yes i listened to it. and im just going by what i've seen and been told from every other game that central has been more in shape and more physical by the time that the 4th quarter comes around. so unless these kids have been run ragged all summer and all season long like central's has im going to stick with what i said

We shall see on Friday night. It should be a great one! See you there.

This team does have a lot of support from the community and students. They also had a huge crowd at memphis when they beat ridgeway. And having their own song like this is pretty cool. And im sure Columbia will have a bunch of support, just like the commandos have, after losing in the state championship last year and then making it again this year. But when its all said and done the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the 4th quarter (or half time). Having a huge crowd and a lot of support helps but like i said the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game. It all depends on how the teams play.

The commandos do "run ragged" all summer and still do a bunch of conditioning after most of the practices. They are a hard working football program and never get lazy. I dont know anything about columbia but if what i am hearing is true and they do have this athletic and big of a line then this game is going to be a fight in the trenches. Also this will be a great but stressful game for the fans to watch.

GO COMMANDOS!

Edited by OPDumboDrop

It seems the HHS fans cant quite get over themselves. THey spend more time talking about themselves rather than the players and the game. You'd think a community had never gotten behind its team until this year at HHS. Priceless.

As for the game, if we can talk about something other than fans/students/band/war gang, there were three 5A teams in 9AAA last year that were better than Columbia. I suspect the same is true again this year.

Good luck Commandos.

It seems the HHS fans cant quite get over themselves. THey spend more time talking about themselves rather than the players and the game. You'd think a community had never gotten behind its team until this year at HHS. Priceless.

As for the game, if we can talk about something other than fans/students/band/war gang, there were three 5A teams in 9AAA last year that were better than Columbia. I suspect the same is true again this year.

Good luck Commandos.

This is what i was getting at in my previous post, but i kinda beat around the bush. This is about the teams and the players/coaches that are on the field or sidelines. Its great to have support like that but no one needs to hear about it in almost every thread or post.

*Go Commandos!!

Edited by OPDumboDrop

The bigs for Hendersonville are going to have to have a tremendous night. Townsend, Russell, Brady, Dye, Hooks along with the stellar linebackers Gray and Bozeman must come hard and be aggressive all night. Both these teams have had a long 14 game season. I will say that Hendersonville has the more physical/ strenuous journey to the title game, but they will be ready for the battle. I can't wait for this game.

Offensively the Commandos must hold their block up front. I believe that with a steady dose of the sweep combined with some waggles out of the wing t could develope some long drives. Priddy is a tough back that likes to grind out 5 yards. Howell and Adams also share duties at RB and bring some athleticism to the back field. Hunter Brown has a strong arm and needs to be accurate when he gets a chance to throw. The Commandos must keep their O on the field and get points out of their drives.

This is going to be a... Barnburner.

Go Commandos

Edited by BarnBurner09