Tri-County Seven

coachh17

Krichunaka has not been on the site since July. I hope he is well

He probably got tired of reading about the elizabethton globetrotters constantly as is everybody else.

Is this the tri county thread of the Eliz thread

My picks:

1 Eliz

2 Eliz J.V.

3 Eliz fresh

4 TA Dugger

5 rest of state

Now that's funny right there!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys are hatin' on Elizabethton because they have been very successful the last couple of years. I think those ladies have worked very hard and they play very hard. The program definitely has my respect and I would like to see Cloudland return to that level. I think they will with the freshmen already proving they can compete at the varsity level. The biggest danger is getting overhyped by the press like the last group of seniors did. The lack of height inside is the really the only weakness I see in this Lander bunch and I think they can challenge for the title right off the bat. The freshmen are only going to get better.

1. Elizabethton-little Powell will open a "can" all year long

2. Cloudland- I have to go with my team for second. Good to have Chambers on board

3. Hampton- with Weddle, Hampton always presents the toughest of challenges

4. Unicoi-always a very successful program

5. HV-consistency is the key. They can be really good.

6. Creekers-some good talent on the creek this year

7. Johnson C0.- maybe some year.

On a more serious note, I hope Krich is fine too, just taking a break from the drama and incessant whining on CoachT. I have been absent for a while myself, just popped back in to see what has been happening since the season started.

For what it is worth, I have seen all the teams play at least one game, except Hampton.

I agree that Eton is at #1 right now, and having watched Science Hill play, I don't think they would give Eton too much of a game frankly. They have neither the depth, nor the overall performance right now.

Good to see the former Cloudland Sectional State Championship team doing well, we donated a starter to each of the Science Hill (Christy Goodman) and Eton (Kristen Powell) teams, so we follow them with a little interest.

I think CoachH has done a pretty good job of ranking the teams, and recounting their performances to date. I'm a little surprised that someone (can't remember who) ranked Cloudland below Happy Valley and Unaka. We lost a total of two players from last year, only one a starter, and in exchange picked up the strongest Freshman class we have had since the Brooke Johnson/Jordi Miller/Sydnie Buchanan/Shellie Mckinney class a few years back.

Honestly, I think that the Tri-County Seven teams are somewhat improved from last year overall. Happy Valley, Unicoi County, and Johnson County have new coaches in place. Elizabethton, Hampton and Unaka have now had a couple of years with their coaches and are getting used to new systems. Cloudland has a good mix of the old with Matt Birchfield as Head Coach, and the new with Kenneth Chambers, Rusty Chambers, and Jordi Miller on the bench.

We started last year 5-1, and we are at the same record as of this morning. The loss to Sullivan South was unfortunate, I don't recall them actually beating us in a number of years, but my memory isn't what it used to be. Lack of effort until 3 minutes into the 4th quarter accounts for the "L" but we still managed to pull back up from a 22 point deficit in a short period of time.

Looking forward to a fun season,

The Highlander

I have 3 questions

1. Why did Powell leave Cloudland?

2. How many Tri County teams have players playing that are from outside their boundries?

3. How many lost players to other teams over the past couple of years and where did they go?

1. After Jr High, Powell chose EHS over Cloudland and Hampton because of quality of collective basketball and softball programs.

2. EHS varsity currently has 1 tuition-paying player (if that qualifies as outside the boundaries by your definition).

3. EHS lost Colbaugh to Unaka this year.

well the lady devils crossed one hurdle tonight in beating a very

good hampton team. weddle and dugger are the real deal they can play

but our girl played well tonight. i heard the valley beat unaka as well

HV will be a very tough team as the season goes goulds is doing a great

job..i think that moves my lady devils to second place for now, until someone

knocks off betsy they are still in the 1 spot. third to hampton 4th

to cloudland and 5and 6 can flip each week. johnson county is just not

there yet

On a more serious note, I hope Krich is fine too, just taking a break from the drama and incessant whining on CoachT. I have been absent for a while myself, just popped back in to see what has been happening since the season started.

For what it is worth, I have seen all the teams play at least one game, except Hampton.

I agree that Eton is at #1 right now, and having watched Science Hill play, I don't think they would give Eton too much of a game frankly. They have neither the depth, nor the overall performance right now.

Good to see the former Cloudland Sectional State Championship team doing well, we donated a starter to each of the Science Hill (Christy Goodman) and Eton (Kristen Powell) teams, so we follow them with a little interest.

I think CoachH has done a pretty good job of ranking the teams, and recounting their performances to date. I'm a little surprised that someone (can't remember who) ranked Cloudland below Happy Valley and Unaka. We lost a total of two players from last year, only one a starter, and in exchange picked up the strongest Freshman class we have had since the Brooke Johnson/Jordi Miller/Sydnie Buchanan/Shellie Mckinney class a few years back.

Honestly, I think that the Tri-County Seven teams are somewhat improved from last year overall. Happy Valley, Unicoi County, and Johnson County have new coaches in place. Elizabethton, Hampton and Unaka have now had a couple of years with their coaches and are getting used to new systems. Cloudland has a good mix of the old with Matt Birchfield as Head Coach, and the new with Kenneth Chambers, Rusty Chambers, and Jordi Miller on the bench.

We started last year 5-1, and we are at the same record as of this morning. The loss to Sullivan South was unfortunate, I don't recall them actually beating us in a number of years, but my memory isn't what it used to be. Lack of effort until 3 minutes into the 4th quarter accounts for the "L" but we still managed to pull back up from a 22 point deficit in a short period of time.

Looking forward to a fun season,

The Highlander

you have not watched the same science hill team iv watched there a good 10 points better if not more and there 10 deep.i like both teams and like a heard a guy say one time watching girls play is like watching paint dry.

I have 3 questions

2. How many Tri County teams have players playing that are from outside their boundries?

3. How many lost players to other teams over the past couple of years and where did they go?

Why does it matter? Its parents and kids choices to go where they want to go. Thats why America is so great. Freedom of choice. :thumb:

Edited by THE KING

1.Elizabethton-Still holds the #1 spot till someone knocks them off.

2.Unicoi- Big win on their home floor last night over Hampton I believe Erwin has got a good coach in Epperson after last nights win.

3.Cloudland-Will have a chance to prove if they are worthy of the 2 spot come next week.

4.Hampton-Tough loss to Unicoi last night but still one of the top teams in this area

5.Happy Valley- Good win last night.Goulds has got his Lady Warriors on the right track

6.Unaka- Until the transfer gets eligibile I see Unaka struggling big.

7.Johnson County- It's going to take time but give credit to coach W for taking this job and trying to get the program on the right track

I have 3 questions

Sparky answered the question about Kristen. She transferred after 8th grade. Actually, that year Cloudland won the Sectional State Championship, and then "donated" a number of players to other teams. Kristen to Eton, Christy Goodman and Brittany Mathis to Science Hill, a sub to one of the Sullivans, and another player moved to Indiana. Kristen and Christy are starting at their respective schools now.

Questions #2 and #3, I really can't answer. I know players have moved/transferred/etc. but don't really care. If they follow the rules and move for academic or athletic reasons, it is no ones business but their own. I think there are several threads that address the transfers, in mostly a negative light. Even though Cloudland has lost some good players, I feel it is everyone's right to try to improve themselves. That is the American Way afterall.

The Highlander

I watched Unicoi's 61-54 win over Hampton last night and I am not sure what I saw. It appeared that Hampton was tight and confused early. They were forcing shots and passes, missing free throws, and turning the ball over repeatedly. It was very sloppy, but Unicoi's defense may have played a part in it. Unicoi built about a 15 point lead and controlled most of the game. Hampton seemed to find its rhythm about halfway through the third quarter and made a run. The Lady Dogs cut it to 3 in the fourth and had a tying three ball on the rim, but it bounced off and they got no closer. King, Bennett, Edwards, Webb, Shelton, and Gardner all did some good things for Unicoi. Dorothy Dugger and Chelsey Weddle led the Dogs and M. Dugger had her moments. I think both teams are good. Depth is a concern for both, as they appear to go about 7 deep at this point in the season. We will have a basis for comparison when Hampton plays Elizabethton Friday.