Congratulations Mr. Football 2010

naildriver247

Ok....everyone can look back at this post in a year or two..and you will see that I am right.

Young is WAY to small to be a SEC RB..he may be a returner..but highly unlikely...

If MR. Football winner Gaston Miller (Riverdale) could never get on the field at Vanderbilt....I promise you ..Young will never see the field..and will prolly transfer..

Just saying..but Id bet on it.

You can already go back 3 years and see where people said he was to small to play 6a ball. I think most terms used were, "He will get crushed", "folded in half", and "will be on the sideline injured".

If you have time, look it up.

I wonder if people said the same thing about Dexter McCluster, David Palmer, and Percy Harvin too?

Edited by Kidstaxi

I don't think any player is being punished for anything. Another factor the voters may have taken into consisderation also. In Devrin's first 5 games, he only play 9 quarters of football. If he had played a full 20 quarters, he would have had games with 500 maybe 600 yards of rushing and finished the year with well over 2000 yards rushing if not at the 3000 yard mark. Along with 60 touchdowns.

These post seasons awards (to me) are like a beauty contest. Every Miss America pagent the 2nd place winner could or should have won. But, she is still one HOT women.

Maybe its not a punishment in your eyes but it is something earned by someone given to the other person. I don't think your making any enemies either this is just a blog of people's opinions nothing personal. PBD pointed this out I'train also only played about half of the games in 4-5 games. He had many games where he only got 10 -15 carries and rushed for 250 yards in 2 quarters. I see where you are coming from being a Beardan fan but if they switched teams given the passing game Beardan had and the opponents they played I'train would have had 3000 rushing yards easy. Blackman played many GOOD teams that keyed on him bc Blackman had a less than average passing QB and young and small receivers. There o-line was very small the only games I got to see were the Smyrna games and they got dominated in the trenches I heard the same happened when we played Oakland. I don't see this as Blackman fans whining I have personally talked to many other Rutherford county fans that watched him and they all agree with me on this one.

You can already go back 3 years and see where people said he was to small to play 6a ball. I think most terms used were, "He will get crushed", "folded in half", and "will be on the sideline injured".

If you have time, look it up.

I wonder if people said the same thing about Dexter McCluster, David Palmer, and Percy Harvin too?

Actually, they probably did say the same about all of them. It is the exception rather than the rule for an undersized kid to make a splash in the SEC. It does happen, but more than not get lost in the shuffle. I just hope (as a UT fan) that Young is one of those exceptions. He appears to have the speed and the attitude to succeed. Honestly, I don't know how big of an impact he can be on offense starting out, but with their woes in the return game, I hope he can make a big splash early. That is why I made the reference to Brandon James. He was tiny, but deadly on punt returns.

Maybe its not a punishment in your eyes but it is something earned by someone given to the other person. I don't think your making any enemies either this is just a blog of people's opinions nothing personal. PBD pointed this out I'train also only played about half of the games in 4-5 games. He had many games where he only got 10 -15 carries and rushed for 250 yards in 2 quarters. I see where you are coming from being a Beardan fan but if they switched teams given the passing game Beardan had and the opponents they played I'train would have had 3000 rushing yards easy. Blackman played many GOOD teams that keyed on him bc Blackman had a less than average passing QB and young and small receivers. There o-line was very small the only games I got to see were the Smyrna games and they got dominated in the trenches I heard the same happened when we played Oakland. I don't see this as Blackman fans whining I have personally talked to many other Rutherford county fans that watched him and they all agree with me on this one.

From what you are saying, it sounds like both these backs were in a very similar situation. Beardens passing was non-existent. Go find all the threads Bearden Vs Who-ever, you will see how everyone said Bearden was a one man show. They were right. The only difference I see with me as being a Bearden fan, is that I am giving credit where credit is due. I beleive BOTH backs were deserving. Nobody got robbed. Sorry, they're both great backs. IMO...I'tavious had better tallent around him than Devrin. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, NOT TRYING TO ONE THING AWAY FROM HIM EITHER.

I just can't understand how anyone can think somebody got robbed finishing runner-up to a kid with 4.3 speed, 3500plus all purpose yards, and 42 touchdowns in a season(including playoffs) that they got robbed.

• Upvote 1

From what you are saying, it sounds like both these backs were in a very similar situation. Beardens passing was non-existent. Go find all the threads Bearden Vs Who-ever, you will see how everyone said Bearden was a one man show. They were right. The only difference I see with me as being a Bearden fan, is that I am giving credit where credit is due. I beleive BOTH backs were deserving. Nobody got robbed. Sorry, they're both great backs. IMO...I'tavious had better tallent around him than Devrin. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, NOT TRYING TO ONE THING AWAY FROM HIM EITHER.

I just can't understand how anyone can think somebody got robbed finishing runner-up to a kid with 4.3 speed, 3500plus all purpose yards, and 42 touchdowns in a season(including playoffs) that they got robbed.

Mr. Kidstaxi,

Your problem here is that you are trying to inject class into this conversation by congratulating a young man on an award he received without taking anything away from any of the other nominees. You even go out of your way to compliment Mathers (BTW - the best back I've seen in person at this level). They know you are secretly part of the conspiracy to rob Blackman of what everyone knows is rightfully theirs.

The thought of congratulating another deserving recipient is blasphemy! The votes were counted and it is what it is. Congratulations to Devrin! I look forward to seeing him for the first time next fall.

100% correct. There is no valid reason why Devrin should not have won MR Football. It all comes down to the fact that we are Bearden fans, and the other guy is a fan of whatever team Mathers plays for. Both are very deserving backs and both deserved this award. But I agree in the fact, that no one was robbed from this award.....obviously the voters didn't see it that way

100% correct. There is no valid reason why Devrin should not have won MR Football. It all comes down to the fact that we are Bearden fans, and the other guy is a fan of whatever team Mathers plays for. Both are very deserving backs and both deserved this award. But I agree in the fact, that no one was robbed from this award.....obviously the voters didn't see it that way

Shaq Mason of Columbia is the best lineman BY FAR in Tennessee, nobody else is

even in his class.

Before we knight Young the next "Percy Harvin"....lets just see how he performs on the big stage at the East/West All-Star game. Lets see what he does...and even in practice he is going to get to run against a pretty good defense with a couple 7AAA Linebackers (Dunaway (Siegel) & Thompson (Blackman)) It wouldn't surprise me if Jeremiah Bryson started in front of him...wow that would be a kick in the face.

For most of the state he has a lot to prove. So after that game, we can accurately give praise.

Edited by 232323

Mr. Kidstaxi,

Your problem here is that you are trying to inject class into this conversation by congratulating a young man on an award he received without taking anything away from any of the other nominees. You even go out of your way to compliment Mathers (BTW - the best back I've seen in person at this level). They know you are secretly part of the conspiracy to rob Blackman of what everyone knows is rightfully theirs.

The thought of congratulating another deserving recipient is blasphemy! The votes were counted and it is what it is. Congratulations to Devrin! I look forward to seeing him for the first time next fall.

So let me get this right. In your last paragraph you said that the thought of congratulating another deserving recipient was blasphemy, but yet in your next sentence you in your words committed blasphemy by congratulating Devrin.

CLASSIC!!! :roflol:

Let me get this right...Mathers had more rushing yards and TDs against better competition statistically AND is a Junior...but didn't win?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....sometimes you just have to call a SPADE a SPADE.

Good luck next year Mathers, here's to a healthy season and hopefully an equal or better one.

Congratulations to all the young men wether they got a trophy or not. Hopefully the meal they got was better than some in the past. Gotta keep those young folks fed and happy.

Look on the bright side, they ALL got a day out of class and were fed for free!

Last time I saw this much whining was when Gaston Miller beat Gulmire. BOTH were great running backs!