Greenbrier over Page 18-13!!

HoosierDaddy

gee i am so glad to see such high and mighty sarcasm. the film shows the play as a fumble. otherwise the spot would have been where the greenbrier player was knocked to the ground not where the refs placed the ball where page recovered. the correct score is page 13 greenbrier 12 five for blind mice 6. yeah what if the refs would have ate the hamburgers and got indigestion and the second half could have been decided by the players on the field

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldog, the quip was directed at Coachhard, not at Page.

It's odd that we each have game tapes but ours show the ball coming out when the player hits the ground and yours shows a fumble. There wasn't even any discussion between the refs and there wasn't even a beanbag thrown on the play. Can that many refs, who have no association with Greenbrier whatsoever, all blow the same call? Maybe Greenbrier can say that if the refs hadn't blown the holding call on our successful two-point conversion, we would have won 14 to 13. We had 3 calls for a lineman down field on 3 passing plays. It's a joke to have this call made three times in a highschool game. Calls, good or bad, go both ways.

Posted by bulldog69:

gee i am so glad to see such high and mighty sarcasm. the film shows the play as a fumble. otherwise the spot would have been where the greenbrier player was knocked to the ground not where the refs placed the ball where page recovered. the correct score is page 13 greenbrier 12 five for blind mice 6. yeah what if the refs would have ate the hamburgers and got indigestion and the second half could have been decided by the players on the field

I think it's time to quit making excuses and start going to English class.

It was not a fumble. Do you know why it was not a fumble? Because the ref's did not rule it a fumble. That's all that matters. You can't change it......but you can put this game behind you and try to get better.

I sincerly hope you use game film to better yourself as a football player and get better as a team......instead of pointing out what others may be doing wrong.

I mentioned in another thread, that I couldn't put my finger on why Page was not winning because I think they have a very good football team......now I think I can put my finger on it.....they are to worried about the ref's and making excuses....instead of playing football.

You have a great group of coaches at Page....Listen and Learn......and play football. :D

Best of luck.

Posted by patriot69:
Posted by phhoggie:

i was on the field right next to the hit. it was clearly a fumble. the reason why the refs gave didnt give page the ball was because they didnt think page had position of the ball when they recovered it. but yes the refs did stink!!!!

not only did the refs make a bad call on the fumble but they made a bad call on the touchdown that greenbrier score one to win the game. the bad call that was missed was that greenbrier had 12 people on the field win they scored. but that game is over. time to move on and time for the refs to start calling call and not worry about if the consession stand is going to run out of burgers. and does any one think they should have instant replay in high school football? well i do after the performance they showed last friday night.

What were those ref's thinking? How dare they not bend the uprights just slightly so that Page's missed kick wouldn't have bounced back? :D

I was close to the hit that Herndon took too. I saw the hit coming even though he didn't. Believe me, my eye was on the ball and he was DOWN before the ball came out. It was NOT a fumble.

This game is history. Both teams need to move on and think about next week. Good luck to both teams.

Posted by patriot69:
Posted by HoosierDaddy:
Posted by patriot69:
Posted by phhoggie:

i was on the field right next to the hit. it was clearly a fumble. the reason why the refs gave didnt give page the ball was because they didnt think page had position of the ball when they recovered it. but yes the refs did stink!!!!

not only did the refs make a bad call on the fumble but they made a bad call on the touchdown that greenbrier score one to win the game. the bad call that was missed was that greenbrier had 12 people on the field win they scored. but that game is over. time to move on and time for the refs to start calling call and not worry about if the consession stand is going to run out of burgers. and does any one think they should have instant replay in high school football? well i do after the performance they showed last friday night.

u need to get your facts straight. cus a field goal or an extra point didnt make the difference in winning or losing in the game.

"didn't make the difference in winning or losing in the game.

"

Neither does making excuses three days later.

Let's move on.

[Edited by HoosierDaddy on 10-7-02 11:04P]

Posted by jmu031:

Hats off to you guys, heck of a game. Both teams played there hearts out and honeslty I still havent figured out what happend. I have one question though, how in the world was that not a fumble on the int return?????

Im not one to make up excuses, but it looked like a fumble and it gave greenbrier life the resulted in a win. Again, congrats to both sides on a well played game. Hope to see you in the play-off's :)

It was a fumble. Fell on by page and squirted out recovered by Greenbrier #15