Station Camp, What's going on?

marquis

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard there's some coaching staff changes being made there, that at least one staffer from last year is no longer there, and maybe some others are floating resume's to other schools. Does anyone out there know what's really going on?

I do not know anything about staff changes, but I do know this: Coach Hollingsworth has done a great job @ Station Camp. Their school has grown almost too fast for their own good. There is a big difference in competing @ 3A and 5-6A. It will take some time to catch up, ask Portland HIgh School. Coach Hollingsworth will get them back up to speed. Good Luck Station Camp.

I do not know anything about staff changes, but I do know this: Coach Hollingsworth has done a great job @ Station Camp. Their school has grown almost too fast for their own good. There is a big difference in competing @ 3A and 5-6A. It will take some time to catch up, ask Portland HIgh School. Coach Hollingsworth will get them back up to speed. Good Luck Station Camp.

I believe he spells his name Hollinsworth, not Hollingsworth. Growth is expected at all of the Sumner schools.Beech opened in 1980 and they did not win the title until 2009.

I believe he spells his name Hollinsworth, not Hollingsworth. Growth is expected at all of the Sumner schools.Beech opened in 1980 and they did not win the title until 2009.

wreagle71,

I apologize for the misspelling of Coach Hillin(g)sworth. I guess me winning the 3rd grade spelling bee back in 1978 did not serve me well. If we had ESPN back in those days, I would have demolished the competition in the Scripps Spelling Bee, in particular Peg McCarthy, the winner in 1978. I would have taken her down! Now...back to Coach Hollin(g)sworth. Good luck coach. You are doing a grerat job @ Station Camp. Be patient with the school getting bigger & bigger. They will adjust and succeed.

wreagle71,

I apologize for the misspelling of Coach Hillin(g)sworth. I guess me winning the 3rd grade spelling bee back in 1978 did not serve me well. If we had ESPN back in those days, I would have demolished the competition in the Scripps Spelling Bee, in particular Peg McCarthy, the winner in 1978. I would have taken her down! Now...back to Coach Hollin(g)sworth. Good luck coach. You are doing a grerat job @ Station Camp. Be patient with the school getting bigger & bigger. They will adjust and succeed.

Hollin(g)sworth is the oil company. Never heard of the Scripps Spelling Bee though????

Station Camp shouldn't have to wait long. Their Freshman class this year was huge, fast, and nasty. From what I heard their 8th graders were really good too. Two good classes back to back could lead to more success. Their coach, regardless of the spelling of his name, is a really good coach. They never went through that "new school, everybody's whiping boy" phase. They are just another reason why I feel Sumner County has some of the best football and tradition in the State.

Station Camp shouldn't have to wait long. Their Freshman class this year was huge, fast, and nasty. From what I heard their 8th graders were really good too. Two good classes back to back could lead to more success. Their coach, regardless of the spelling of his name, is a really good coach. They never went through that "new school, everybody's whiping boy" phase. They are just another reason why I feel Sumner County has some of the best football and tradition in the State.

No doubt that SC has had some good coaching. But one can not put to much stock in what happens at the "lower" levels that feed your program.If that were the case,in most years, Gallatin would be worse than Red Boiling Springs.Look at where Hendersonville wound up the year and look at the stability of their program. Their lower tier teams do not always fare that well, but they usually experience success at the high school.

Very true about the lower program's success, or lack thereof, not always computing to what the high school program's success will be.

However, my point was that with good coaching and good talent there is hope that Station Camp can continue to be competitive. I think everyone agrees that they have a good coaching staff. The objective for them is to create a good high school team with the talent available.

Also true that HHS and GHS have to work their majic with the incoming players they get. Their feeder schools have lacked success for the majority of the last decade but they always have a good product at the high school.

What it boils down to is that coaching plays an important role in the development of a high school program. HHS and GHS are prime examples of that fact.