White County

Guest 3Ball

Hey bbnut,apparently you didn't go to many of the summer games.Johnson started alot of the games and Drake played more of the 2 guard than point. If Slatten is smart he will keep it that way because Johnson and Drake play well together.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone can say what the line up is even going to resemble this year. Cause I would be shocked if Slatten had much of an idea at this point. With several key players in football still. I think the line up that may give him the best chance would have Drake playing the 2 guard though. Seeing as how he is probably their best shooter and looks to shoot it more than really run the offense. As Johnson on the other hand looks more to get other guys involved and run the offense. The downfall with Johnson is his size of course (5'7''??) My own personal opinion on the line up..........

Johnson at the 1

Drake at the 2

3 is up in the air

Williams at the 4

England at the 5

I say the 3 is in the air cause it will be between Hess, B.A., and Corey Young

I think Hess plays smarter basketball than the other two and might be able to handle it better but only time will tell. They would be very small with that line up but I think could really pressure teams because of the speed at the post position more than the guard spots (which will feature average speed at best). When its all over though, expect another below average year, but they are young (no seniors) and can only get better with time.

I would be surprised if jarvis was not back by the time the season got started. I don't' think he has had to miss a lot of school (not that i'm certain) and the last couple of times i've seen him he has looked good.

As for the twins and Sims, you look and think they would really help the team and they would no doubt but them not being there might be the best thing. If they were there I think they would be more competitive but still be an average team cause the inside game would still be suffering and keep them from getting very far into the post season. So maybe with these guys out it will help these younger guys by getting them a lot of game time at a young age and build for the future.

Rumor has it that Slatten may move England to 4, Williams to 3 and Qualls to 5, Drake to 2 and Johnson to PG.

Remember this is just a rumor and as it has been stated no one really knows until the season starts. Qualls will have to get a lot tougher under to goal to have momentum, England was tough there but at 6'4" he will be undersized, while Qualls is 6'7". I guess what will happen is anybody's guess.

I've heard the same rumor. I know Coach Slatten wants to utilize Quall's size, but his inexperience is really evident. But if he toughens up (and he probably will from scrimmaging against England) and improves his pass catching he will do fine.

And even though England is small at the 5 spot, he has a real nose for the ball. If there is a scramble under the basket for the ball, more often than not he will be the one to come up with it.

White County does have a play day scheduled for Nov 7-8. It is supposed to start around 6 pm on the 7th. I don't know what teams are coming however.

I saw Ryan Qualls the other day and I would estimate him to be closer to 6'5. England is closer to 6'2 or 6'3. I hope the fans really come out and support both the guys and girls teams this year. I'll be there :)

Posted by yert9000:

Bloomers...The twins quit the team last season right after Christmas. Sims quit at the same time. Where have you been? I don't think any of the 3 would want back on the team. That's good, because I doubt if Slatten would take them back anyway.

from what i heard the twins quit because slatten kept tryin to keep them from winning all the games...he always wanted everything 2 be his way and when the twins were winning the games for them he got mad and wouldnt let them play as much....so i guess u would say the twins would not consider even coming back 2 play for slatten....and i wouldnt blame them..........

vert9000......the only reason u wrote that is probly becuz u are coach slatten.....and if he stressed so much to be a team player......i heard from many players that slatten said to pass the ball 2 agee....so he can have the leadin score.....im sorry 2 say but white county is the worst its ever been.....a elementary school could probly beat them...thas all i have 2 say......slatten.....!!!!!!!

I noticed where someone made the statement that Qualls was about 6'7''. Thats not accurate I'd say he is more like 6'4' maybe 6'5''. Not even close to 6'7'' though. I don't know how well he can compete this year. With 7aaa boys basketball down in general now days he might be able to contribute in spots but he has about 1 move and is a little weak also. Slatten will try to get him to contribute though. As far as the Selby's quiting.........I don't think they quit cause "Slatten wouldn't let them win games". I'm sure he would have loved for them to stay and win every game if were possible. That sure was not why they quit. Someone said Slatten wanted Sam to be the top scorer..........well if he did or didn't it wouldn't have mattered cause Sam would have led them in scoring regardless. I mean that team was not even closed to balanced. Agee averaged 15 as a junior on a very balanced team.