Livingston Academy vs Jackson Co.-comments?

rabbitranch

Apparently you have a small problem comprehending what was posted. I asked for comments. If you'll read my posts, you'll find that I never said I disagreed. If you'll check my posts from the past you'll find that I have been one of this coach's most avid supporters. But yes, I do disagree with where our program seems to be going. I disagree with a coach who has given up on his team more than once already this season. I asked for comments because I wanted to see what other fans thought about this game. I never expected to win this game easily. I've watched as this team's confidence has continued to decline. I expect more leadership from a coach than for him to sit and smile at his starters in the last few seconds of a loss. There is no question that he is a good coach(when he decides to coach) The only question is, when will he learn that LA basketball is not about him, but is about the fine young men that he should be coaching! If my posts upset a few fans, then so be it. If stirring the pot can create some favorable changes for these young men, then it's worth the hate of a few of you.

Your not gonna stir me up, I agree with you 100%.

Apparently you have a small problem comprehending what was posted. I asked for comments. If you'll read my posts, you'll find that I never said I disagreed. If you'll check my posts from the past you'll find that I have been one of this coach's most avid supporters. But yes, I do disagree with where our program seems to be going. I disagree with a coach who has given up on his team more than once already this season. I asked for comments because I wanted to see what other fans thought about this game. I never expected to win this game easily. I've watched as this team's confidence has continued to decline. I expect more leadership from a coach than for him to sit and smile at his starters in the last few seconds of a loss. There is no question that he is a good coach(when he decides to coach) The only question is, when will he learn that LA basketball is not about him, but is about the fine young men that he should be coaching! If my posts upset a few fans, then so be it. If stirring the pot can create some favorable changes for these young men, then it's worth the hate of a few of you.

Well said! It is time to stur the pot for the sake of the players. They deserve much better than this. No Hog-eye fans or any other fans for that matter likes a quiter! and thats what we have! Congrats to the Blue Devils. You played well and was well coached! GO HOG-EYE!

???

I assumed you disagreed with whatever you thought went on at the game because you mentioned it in both your posts (remember the new account you made last night).

You have completely lost me though...

I like to think I know a little about basketball, but you must have me beat badly.

When did smiling become anti-leadership? Most people hide embarrassment by smiling or laughing. In case you didn't notice, the coach was pretty embarrassed by his teams performance. My guess was that he told his team not to over look JC all week long and they did anyways and thats why the game started the way it did. However, my guess must be way off. Tell us what the coach meant with his smile since you are such a great smile interpreter.

You must be in an "inner-circle" that I am not aware of... Does the coach really think its all about him? Someone who seems to care so much for his players... and someone that seems to go out of his way to help them in any way he can... and someone that actually tries to get his players into college... that person really thinks it is all about him? Do you really believe that? Wow. I didn't realize I was messing around with someone as ignorant as you have revealed yourself to be.

Our program has been having winning records.. it has been getting some of these young men into college..how many of the young basketball players have you heard about getting into any type of trouble what-so-ever... most of these young men have excellent grades in school...I have yet to meet one of this coach's former players that had anything negative to say about their coach... Favorable Changes? Really? What other types of "favorable" changes should this coach bring to the program and these young men?

You want comments, then tell us what you would have done differently in that game. What type of changes would someone such as yourself bring to these young men and this program? Your post doesn't upset me, it humors me.

*If your wondering, I was "smiling" while typing all of this because I am actually embarrassed that I wasted so much time on you now that you revealed your ignorance. Now I remember why I haven't logged on to Coacht in a while, people like you make it more like that site 'Topix'.. People that say they have problems, yet they hide behind a username instead of confronting their problem with the source.

Edited by LAfan4Life

Fellers it souns like to me them boyz from Jcounty just whupped there tales insted of sayin ur coach is bad why not jus say this here other teem was bettr than us las nite? Livunston aint worl beeters they can be beet and jcounty is purdy good ifn i was yall id jus take my whupin an keep quiet an quit trien to blame someone insted of sayin the othr team was betr them youngins outplayd yor youngins last nite wat els is thar?

???

I assumed you disagreed with whatever you thought went on at the game because you mentioned it in both your posts (remember the new account you made last night).

You have completely lost me though...

I like to think I know a little about basketball, but you must have me beat badly.

When did smiling become anti-leadership? Most people hide embarrassment by smiling or laughing. In case you didn't notice, the coach was pretty embarrassed by his teams performance. My guess was that he told his team not to over look JC all week long and they did anyways and thats why the game started the way it did. However, my guess must be way off. Tell us what the coach meant with his smile since you are such a great smile interpreter.

You must be in an "inner-circle" that I am not aware of... Does the coach really think its all about him? Someone who seems to care so much for his players... and someone that seems to go out of his way to help them in any way he can... and someone that actually tries to get his players into college... that person really thinks it is all about him? Do you really believe that? Wow. I didn't realize I was messing around with someone as ignorant as you have revealed yourself to be.

Our program has been having winning records.. it has been getting some of these young men into college..how many of the young basketball players have you heard about getting into any type of trouble what-so-ever... most of these young men have excellent grades in school...I have yet to meet one of this coach's former players that had anything negative to say about their coach... Favorable Changes? Really? What other types of "favorable" changes should this coach bring to the program and these young men?

You want comments, then tell us what you would have done differently in that game. What type of changes would someone such as yourself bring to these young men and this program? Your post doesn't upset me, it humors me.

*If your wondering, I was "smiling" while typing all of this because I am actually embarrassed that I wasted so much time on you now that you revealed your ignorance. Now I remember why I haven't logged on to Coacht in a while, people like you make it more like that site 'Topix'.. People that say they have problems, yet they hide behind a username instead of confronting their problem with the source.

Gosh! Does this mean you're canceling our Saturday night date too? :roflol:

JC played hard but is not the better team not even close. Melton is a good coach! I would not have done what he did but then again im no coach. As a fan I felt cheated cause we support those boys who have worked hard and are only teenagers, they are going to make mistakes. Its easy to coach a team when all goes well but when they are playing poorly thats when they need to be coached! Melton has worked hard also and it shows 99% of the time. My biggest question is what did the 3rd string do to deserve the cold shoulder? If the starters need to be benched then fine, dont give up on the ones just waiting their turn! NOT BASHING THE COACH, just my opinion.

JC played hard but is not the better team not even close. Melton is a good coach! I would not have done what he did but then again im no coach. As a fan I felt cheated cause we support those boys who have worked hard and are only teenagers, they are going to make mistakes. Its easy to coach a team when all goes well but when they are playing poorly thats when they need to be coached! Melton has worked hard also and it shows 99% of the time. My biggest question is what did the 3rd string do to deserve the cold shoulder? If the starters need to be benched then fine, dont give up on the ones just waiting their turn! NOT BASHING THE COACH, just my opinion.

Ur sayn JC is not even close to LA? Hmm they beet them at Livunston by 23 but they aint close? keep on dreemin that dreem yall got ur tale kicked an the best teem won quit ur winein

Ur sayn JC is not even close to LA? Hmm they beet them at Livunston by 23 but they aint close? keep on dreemin that dreem yall got ur tale kicked an the best teem won quit ur winein

Go get some education, I cant read your post! We will see next time! If the game is close I will buy your popcorn and coke, and maybe get you Hooked on Phonics! :lol:

Go get some education, I cant read your post! We will see next time! If the game is close I will buy your popcorn and coke, and maybe get you Hooked on Phonics! :lol:

I doubt this person was even at the game, they are from RBS so i wouldn't sweat it, however if you make it a sprite i'll take it!!! Nothing like some popcorn and sprite at the ball game! :roflol: As for the game, well our boys played great thats all i'm going to say about it. Good luck to your team and Good Lord willin and the creek don't rise, we'll be there! :thumb:

I doubt this person was even at the game, they are from RBS so i wouldn't sweat it, however if you make it a sprite i'll take it!!! Nothing like some popcorn and sprite at the ball game! :roflol: As for the game, well our boys played great thats all i'm going to say about it. Good luck to your team and Good Lord willin and the creek don't rise, we'll be there! :thumb:

Devil, I will buy you a sprite if LA doesn't win by 10+ at JC, heck I might buy you one anyway.

Devil, I will buy you a sprite if LA doesn't win by 10+ at JC, heck I might buy you one anyway.

You know i'll take a popcorn and a sprite at any ball game! lol We all know that LA has a very very good team and most feel like our boys were fortunate to win and maybe so. Its not often that someone goes into LA and wins let alone by 23 points. Especially from the Upper Cumberland area and that speaks volumes about the program there. Richard does a great job and he has some great players to work with as well. We know when we play them its an uphill battle for us but our kids played great and Coach Flynn had a great game plan and our kids are finally buying in to what we have been teaching them. I will say that this group of seniors that play for JC and their supporting cast have never lost to this group from LA when they were the "senior" members of the team. In 6th grade they beat them 3 times by double digits every time, and in the 8th grade they beat them as well so they know they can play with them. Now does that mean JC is going to win the next time they play? No it definitely does not, heck it doesn't even mean we will win our next game, but it also doesn't mean they won't or can't. I'm sure the next time these two teams play it will be intense and our boys know that it will again be a tough test, but if we can beat LA at Livingston we can win anywhere! Maybe next time we will have a rowdy crowd for both games, not just the girls!! Tell Rocking Chair i said hello when you see him!:thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic