Why did CoachT shut down the Maryville v. Smyrna thread?

EarlVolFan

show respect and you will get it in return. every time a smyrna fan tried to talk football some one from maryville or alcoa would call them a childish name (like idiot ,troll ,ghetto , fat ect...) and yr right it would be nice to talk football with with mutual respect. so go back and find a post made by me on the maryville vs smyrna thread that was disrespectful and post it on here. if it is disrespectful i will appologize for it.

So now you are going to lecture on respect , please spare us the banter. The disrespect or whatever you choose to call it was on from the very beginning from your corner. As far as schedules go , you have your opinion and we have ours. That argument is just like "imaginary games." You guys may not have anymore respect than you did 20 days ago but that is and will be your problem. Now have a Merry CHRISTmas.

Edited by Philoneusesawt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now you are going to lecture on respect , please spare us the banter. The disrespect or whatever you choose to call it was on from the very beginning from your corner. As far as schedules go , you have your opinion and we have ours. That argument is just like "imaginary games." You guys may not have anymore respect than you did 20 days ago but that is and will be your problem. Now have a Merry CHRISTmas.

See, Phil gave his opinion with out calling anyone a name.. Maryville fans.. Try it..It may just gain you the respect that you seek.

Edited by bladerunner

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you guys remember me but I am back on here after a long hiatus. I have returned to apoligize to all the Maryville Fans out there. My last post was basically about excuses and ways the game could've turned out in Smyrnas favor. In reality I was being a sore sport so i will offer my apology to all. Maryville you are a fine team and I hope to see you next year against a Mr. Mathers hopefully. i know this post is unrelated to the topic but i hope you read it anyways because I was defenitely wrong.

Not sure if you guys remember me but I am back on here after a long hiatus. I have returned to apoligize to all the Maryville Fans out there. My last post was basically about excuses and ways the game could've turned out in Smyrnas favor. In reality I was being a sore sport so i will offer my apology to all. Maryville you are a fine team and I hope to see you next year against a Mr. Mathers hopefully. i know this post is unrelated to the topic but i hope you read it anyways because I was defenitely wrong.

No need to apologize. We have all gotten carried away on here and made statements that are emotionally based. As far as I am concerned, Smyrna's team and fans represented your community well throughout the season. Every team has a "village idiot" that posts for their team from time to time. I have been guilty of being that idiot on more than one ocassion. This is a great forum for folks to talk football and suppport their local teams. If you are a fan and don't sometimes get carried away in the emotion of the sport then check your pulse...you may be dead.

I am hopeful that we see you guys again next year too. If Maryville loses, you will need to overlook my excuses after the game. :thumb: