Trousdale County Yellow Jackets 2011

mancoverage

64 members have voted

1. 1. 2011 State 2A Champions?

Mr. Grunt let me ask you a question. What years did you play football at Trousdale Hartsville? My mom says my dad was a equipment manager for the Pirates in the 70's but he did not ever get a ring. Do you have a gold or silver ring from those 1970's teams or one of those brass championship rings from the 1920's. My mom says if I keep drinking my redbulls eating my fudge rounds and make sure the water bottles stay full that I could get a ring when I get to highschool because now even the managers get rings. You think I'm joking because I'm not.

Football hadn't been invented when I played.

Football hadn't been invented when I played.

Mr. Grunt I'm not falling for this mess. I called the lady at Trousedale Hartsville highschool to ask about teams before Murphy Fair started making his books and she told me to call this guy named Cheesy. Cheesy told me that those Trousedale Hartsville boys have been playing Football for over a 100 years and I know you are not 118 years old. If you are that old maybe you probably don't remember things very well. And how could you play Football if it wasn't invented? Alexander Graham Bell couldn't make a telephone call on Monday and then invent the telephone on the next Thursday. Cheesy told me if you can remember and tell what year you graduated from Trousedale Hartsville he can send me stats for when you were in school and we can both find out if you played.

The Goat sez: Surely you played in one of them Tobacco Bowls for the legendary Coach Jim B. Satterfield? :popcorneater::popcorneater:

The Goat sez: I bet if you played in one of them Tobacco Bowls Grunt, then you have to remember Chester Davis' football broadcasts on 1090 AM. That guy did alot for Trousdale County Football don't ya think? ;);)

The Goat sez: I bet if you played in one of them Tobacco Bowls Grunt, then you have to remember Chester Davis' football broadcasts on 1090 AM. That guy did alot for Trousdale County Football don't ya think? ;);)

The Goat sez: ...and is true that Chester Davis once had the Tobacco Bowl broadcast on the radio in New York city? :unsure::unsure:

Wasn't Mr Davis a member of the Tennessee House of Representatives and mayor of Hartsville?

Mr. Davis was once the owner of the Mighty 1090 AM station in Hartsville. He was also a huge member of the Quarterback Club. Also, Mr. Davis is credited with aiding TC in acquiring their first electronic scoreboard in the mid 1950's. As far as his political life goes, I would have to research that information. :thumb: