Maryville Holiday Tournament

chill

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Maryville is still in a fog over the football championship cause nobody is talking about this tournament. Of course the KNS doesn't have anything but they are that way if a Knoxville team isn't in. But I guess Fulton doesn't count. They are still in Knoxville aren't they?

If you can't tell my wildcats are playing well. Still like to see some press on the whole thing. All these teams deserve some air time if you know what I mean.

Oh Well

I guess Maryville is still in a fog over the football championship cause nobody is talking about this tournament. Of course the KNS doesn't have anything but they are that way if a Knoxville team isn't in. But I guess Fulton doesn't count. They are still in Knoxville aren't they?

If you can't tell my wildcats are playing well. Still like to see some press on the whole thing. All these teams deserve some air time if you know what I mean.

Oh Well

OR had a big time win over Siegel yesterday. It was a very entertaining game to watch. Lonnie McClanahan is the real deal and the best basketball player I have seen at Oak Ridge in some time. Absolutely electrifying in the open court..... can't believe that guy doesn't play football at OR! Siegel has some good players but McClanahan was the best player on court. Dowdell and Stephens were very good a couple of years ago but I think McClanahan is better.

Maryville/Brainerd game looked like it was in slow motion compared to OR/Siegel, mainly due to Brainerd slowing the tempo down and sloppy play by both sides. Maryville didn't play well but got the W. They will have to step up their game big time to beat Oak Ridge, though. The Rebels will have a good size advantage over OR but then again so did Siegel.

Edited by Norman Dale

OR had a big time win over Siegel yesterday. It was a very entertaining game to watch. Lonnie McClanahan is the real deal and the best basketball player I have seen at Oak Ridge in some time. Absolutely electrifying in the open court..... can't believe that guy doesn't play football at OR! Siegel has some good players but McClanahan was the best player on court. Dowdell and Stephens were very good a couple of years ago but I think McClanahan is better.

Maryville/Brainerd game looked like it was in slow motion compared to OR/Siegel, mainly due to Brainerd slowing the tempo down and sloppy play by both sides. Maryville didn't play well but got the W. They will have to step up their game big time to beat Oak Ridge, though. The Rebels will have a good size advantage over OR but then again so did Siegel.

Oak Ridge runs roughshod through every team they played, wow...

Also looks like Maryville is not a very big basketball town. I don't think they knew they had a tournament in town, didn't hear much about it....except from us Oak Ridgers. Guess we'll pay for it next fall when we play that other sport.

yeah, i noticed that too... where is the fan support? there are more sports than just football... oak ridge is a football school too, but we have always supported our basketball team too...

yeah, i noticed that too... where is the fan support? there are more sports than just football... oak ridge is a football school too, but we have always supported our basketball team too...

There are usually good crowds for our home games. I think the holidays and the UT game on TV really hurt.

Kinda disappointed in OR's #4. Somebody needs to bend him over their knee. I hope coach Green runs his butt off after he sees the film of him kneeing our 33 in the face. He then walked around with a smirk on his face like he was proud of it. Thug comes to mind.

OR can shoot and run the floor.

There are usually good crowds for our home games. I think the holidays and the UT game on TV really hurt.

Kinda disappointed in OR's #4. Somebody needs to bend him over their knee. I hope coach Green runs his butt off after he sees the film of him kneeing our 33 in the face. He then walked around with a smirk on his face like he was proud of it. Thug comes to mind.

OR can shoot and run the floor.

#4 trevez smith is a great kid, so i dont know where that came from??? never known of that kid doing anything out of the ordinary, and he played both football and basketball... first thing bad i have ever heard about him in his 3 years here... id have to see what happened to compliment on it...

#4 trevez smith is a great kid, so i dont know where that came from??? never known of that kid doing anything out of the ordinary, and he played both football and basketball... first thing bad i have ever heard about him in his 3 years here... id have to see what happened to compliment on it...

I think it was actually # 2 of OR and # 33 of Maryville that had to be separated. They were hit with offsetting technical fouls after a very hard deliberate foul by # 2. I didn't see # 4 of Oak Ridge involved in anything like that.

Oh Well

I could not agree with you more. Coach T had ranked Murfreesboro Siegel above 1.70 and for those who follow his numerical rankings, you know that is nearly unheard of. Oak Ridge on the other hand despite a great start and apparently some quality coaching was wallowing around 26 or so at the time. After the William Blount game the only place I found a mention was on the Maryville sports website. By the way, they do a far better job usually than the Prep Extra, News Sentinel site which has run the headline "West shocks Bearden 67-66" since December 18th as their main headline. Then after Oak Ridge ran Siegel out of the gym in the fourth quarter (6'9" guys and all the rest of the reasons nobody expected OR to compete)I naively expected at least a mention of the game since Siegel has been ranked #1. Not a word. Nothing on the Murfreesboro site, the Tennessean site and sadly nothing in the Oak Ridger. (Online anyway as I live out of state)

But I sure saw a lot of ink concerning the Riverdale girls' win in some Georgia tournament. Good for them, but come on, why not cover the occasional non-Knoxville game?