Heart of Dixie Classic

yomamacantrassle

I really don't understand why TJ Duncan isn't ranked I mean to be a 4x state champion and has lost very few matches you would think he would be ranked somewhere in the country

i would say with those kind of credentials and pinning a nationally ranked opponent, if hes not ranked currently he will be or at the very least should be. :thumb:

Edited by DAKEKO

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who all has he lost to in his high school career?? anybody know?

T.J. has lost between 15-20 matches in five seasons . Trey Stavrum (Baylor) beat him in a dual match in Jan. 2007 .. some of his losses have come in the McCallie Invitational in Dec. 2006-07-08 .. he won the McCallie Invite the past two seasons. in McCallie Invite Dec. 2008 was pinned by Jonathan Taylor (Red Bank) and came back to finish third. Taylor won the D-I state title and Duncan won the D-II title.

he lost to a top wrestler from up East in an Atlanta tournament last year .. don't recall the wrestler's name.

lost to a Hertica (a freshman) from Collins Hill at Cleveland Duals in Dec. 2009

b.b.b.

T.J. has lost between 15-20 matches in five seasons . Trey Stavrum (Baylor) beat him in a dual match in Jan. 2007 .. some of his losses have come in the McCallie Invitational in Dec. 2006-07-08 .. he won the McCallie Invite the past two seasons. in McCallie Invite Dec. 2008 was pinned by Jonathan Taylor (Red Bank) and came back to finish third. Taylor won the D-I state title and Duncan won the D-II title.

he lost to a top wrestler from up East in an Atlanta tournament last year .. don't recall the wrestler's name.

lost to a Hertica (a freshman) from Collins Hill at Cleveland Duals in Dec. 2009

b.b.b.

The wrestler who's name you can not recall was Jason Luster. Luster has been nationally ranked for some time now.

For those who asked about TJ's lack of national rankings:

From having conversations with multiple national rankers regarding kids in TN, the things that have kept Duncan out of the major national rankings have been his lack of placing at any of the major national tournaments and lack of a signature win over a major national opponent. This win over Figaro is one that he can finally claim as a signature win and I would expect he will get most looks from some of the rankings now. However, I doubt he is too concerned as TJ has already made his college commitment.

:popcorneater:

:popcorneater:

Great video! but did anyone else besides me think that the brandon kid could have done more to keep from being pinned? he really did look as though he had never been on his back before. he wasnt bridging, not saying that he was even able to, depending on if his head was restricted by tjs. half nelson. he was also just pushing across the mat with the heels of his feet and then at the end his legs just went "dead". just my observation. but to me uncharateristic of a nationally ranked wrestler. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...