District 3AAA Discussion

PhatCat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Hey.....Willie Mays Hayes here. I predict it will again come down to Halls, Powell, and Anderson Co. Halls has Beeler and Barkley back. Powell "SHOULD" be loaded for a run with Sanford, Owenby, Skeen, and company. AC returns both left handed arms in Williams and Durand, and OF Brycen Roberts. Those three at the top with everyone else far below those three minus Hardin Valley. They could possibly upset one of the top 3 once. I know Powell and AC play opening day then again on Wednesday of Week 1. Should be fun to watch. Good luck to all.

My Prediction

1. Powell

2. Halls

3. AC

4. Hardin Valley (Sleeper) Getting better and better. Won't be long till they are Top Dawg

5. Clinton

6. Karns

7. Oak Ridge

8. Central

9. Campbell Co.

Not sure when exactly the season starts but Halls play Powell 3/21&23. Powell should be strong again if can find somebody to help Owenby and some steady sticks. Halls lost alot of big sticks but still have Bryce Beeler (Memphis signee) an Andrew Barkley (Coastal Carolina signee) and a little help coming up. Anderson County will be strong also with those to lefties in Durand and Williams on the mound. My picks in no order is Powell, Halls, Anderson County. Can't wait for it to start up again.

Look for the same four teams that finished out the tournament last year to be the top teams this year.

Halls, Powell, A.C., and Hardin Valley.

I believe that Powell and Hardin Valley have the most returning starters but Halls and A.C. might return more quality pitching.

This District will probably be a tough battle all the way through the regular season and the tournament.

Should be a lot of fun to watch!

Some of the top players in the district have already been mentioned in Beeler, Barkley (Halls), Sanford, Owenby, Skeen (Powell), and Williams, Durand, Roberts (A.C.).

Some other top players not yet mentioned are:

From Halls: Smith, Painter, and Corcione.

From Powell: Latham, Payne, Ledbetter, and Alford.

From A.C.: Walker and Mullins.

From Hardin Valley: Rowan, Kirk, Denton, R. Russell, Richardson, and Whitt.

There are other top players from the remaining 5 teams not yet mentioned.

Please feel free to add the top players from O.R., Clinton, Karns, Central, and Campbell Co. to this list.

Oak Ridge could be a sleeper. They lost some big sticks in Monger, Woullard, and Normand, but they are returning almost all of their pitching. They went 4-0 against Clinton last year, so I'd have to put them up in 4 or 5 slot in the district. Their sophomore group is the class to watch; a lot of talent and travel ball pleayers in that group. Jordan Lane was at Thunder showcase in December and was clocked at 86mph, and had a great looking change-up and curve to go with it (went 6-0 as a Frosh). Connor Roberts (3-1 as a Frosh) has put on a lot more size in offseason, and looks to be an up-and-commer as well. Ralph O'Neal, another travel-baller, is a big, strong, and fast sophomore as well, and he should join with Matt Daniels, Elliot Normand, and Printice Young in that class to make a pretty tough 2012 and 2013 team if they all continue to develop.

Say Hey.....Willie Mays Hayes here. I predict it will again come down to Halls, Powell, and Anderson Co. Halls has Beeler and Barkley back. Powell "SHOULD" be loaded for a run with Sanford, Owenby, Skeen, and company. AC returns both left handed arms in Williams and Durand, and OF Brycen Roberts. Those three at the top with everyone else far below those three minus Hardin Valley. They could possibly upset one of the top 3 once. I know Powell and AC play opening day then again on Wednesday of Week 1. Should be fun to watch. Good luck to all.

My Prediction

1. Powell

2. Halls

3. AC

4. Hardin Valley (Sleeper) Getting better and better. Won't be long till they are Top Dawg

5. Clinton

6. Karns

7. Oak Ridge

8. Central

9. Campbell Co.

Oak Ridge could be a sleeper. They lost some big sticks in Monger, Woullard, and Normand, but they are returning almost all of their pitching. They went 4-0 against Clinton last year, so I'd have to put them up in 4 or 5 slot in the district. Their sophomore group is the class to watch; a lot of talent and travel ball pleayers in that group. Jordan Lane was at Thunder showcase in December and was clocked at 86mph, and had a great looking change-up and curve to go with it (went 6-0 as a Frosh). Connor Roberts (3-1 as a Frosh) has put on a lot more size in offseason, and looks to be an up-and-commer as well. Ralph O'Neal, another travel-baller, is a big, strong, and fast sophomore as well, and he should join with Matt Daniels, Elliot Normand, and Printice Young in that class to make a pretty tough 2012 and 2013 team if they all continue to develop.

Nice post. :thumb:

Is Foxworth back to pitch this year?

What summer team does this sophomore group play with?

What do you know about Karns? :popcorneater:

Karns should be about like last year and play .500 ball. They lost their best pitcher to injury over the summer and graduated a good group. Plus, very few upper-classmen even played ball in the summer.

I agree that Lane should be a tough pitcher/player for OR, if he has developed a second pitch.

No Foxworth this year (his Senior year)for Oak Ridge; After his shoulder surgery (torn labrum), he decided to hang it up. Powell will definitely be the top team if they play to their talent level; they proved that by almost beating Farragut in the play-offs.

Powell without a doubt. Picking up Ledbetter to back up Owenby as the number 2 pitcher. Returning 8 starters in Skeen, Owenby, Sanford, Payne, Latham and so on. Should be tough to beat if they hit the ball like they can. Also some young talent

Still gotta play the games!

I remember last year many people picking Powell in the preseason and Halls went 4-0 against em.

This WILL BE a close district! WORK HARD POWELL! :thumb:

Outfield will be the huge question mark this year. Conner is back as the only returning starter. He will probably end up in CF or RF. I am betting that the younger Owenby will get a chance to play out there as well. It will be interesting to see who all plays in the OF before it becomes clear who the starters will be.

Any thoughts? :popcorneater:

• 2 weeks later...

The younger owenby better be in the lineup somewhere or they will be missing a huge factor in the offensive game. still interested who will take the other OF position

I don't think there is any question that Hagan will be in the lineup somewhere. He has too good of a stick to keep him out. Question is....how good of an outfielder is he? I think he will do fine out there because he is very athletic with speed and a good arm......and I know Jeff is not afraid to play a freshman because Powell's last district championship team started two of them in Skeen and D.Owenby.....so I'm guessing that him being a freshman will not even figure in.

How about some people from other teams, not yet mentioned, getting on here and giving a little scouting report? :rolleyes:

Edited by TSpoon