Tri-County Seven

coachh17

Listen dude, shut up. :ph34r: If they didn't want to play there then they wouldn't be there. People can come and go as they please. More energy needs to be put into training and becoming better basketball teams instead of bellyaching about how life ain't fair. It never will be but we can make the most out of the cards we've been dealt.

OK I give up everything from from Knoxville east is in Elizabethtons zone.

As for THE KING OF DRAG If the truth hurts when you read that is too bad. If Eliz. played the cards they were dealt they would stop recruiting.What about the young ladies that live inside the zone that loses playing time because of out of zoners. Don't they matter.

Oh yea they can just play what they've been dealt or they can stay home RIGHT!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoachH, I've got to point out that the soft schedule we have played has a lot to do with the snow situation. Games against Unicoi and South Greene were postponed due to the several feet of snow we have had while you flatlanders dealt with an inch or two. Hopefully, they will be rescheduled before conference time.

Our team was young last year, and is even younger this year. I'm quite proud of the way they are performing to date, other than the loss to Sullivan South. We lost by a very narrow margin at Avery County, which is akin to playing anyone in Greene County, they have their own rules and their own referees.

The Harriman tournament was a good experience for the team. Sunbright is very weak, Rockwood is a little better than their record, but certainly not a 'Boro team by any stretch. The South Sumter, FL team was quite good. Two of the girls had just beautiful jump shots, if left un-harassed. They were the undefeated 17-0, #1 AAA team in Florida when we beat them. Good win for Cloudland, we never trailed in the game.

The Highlander

I agree that the postponed games with South Greene and Unicoi Co. will certainly strengthen the schedule. I also think Cloudland is good, I just do not know how good until they play North Greene, Hampton, and the two games they have to make up.

Elizabethton won number 14 tonight in a make-up game with Greeneville. Final score 48-38. I am sure coachh17 will give us the details.

Betsy came out cold as ice again(this is becoming a disturbing pattern) and spotted Greeneville and 11-0 lead. They tied it at 22-22 by halftime and outscored Greeneville 26-16 in the second half. Chelsea Bowling lit it up in the third quarter with 4 threes and at least 14 points. Greeneville never really made a move in the 4th quarter and the Cyclones played keep away and ran out the clock. Greeneville had their point guard Christopher and post Story. They also had another post that scored about 14 points, with most coming early. The Lady Devils were without Fender, a 6' post that is arguably their top player. She sat out with a wrist injury and will probably be a big factor in Elizabethton the next time these teams meet. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Agree with Coachh, the Lady Cyclones came out a little flat and missed their first 5 shot attempts. The disturbing part is these shots were not really contested. We did not defend the high low post well at all during the first half. But, I thought the ladies showed a lot of maturity by not panicking and pulling even by half-time. Chelsea Bowling was the difference tonight. She came up big by knocking down shots, particularly in the 3rd quarter. The officiating was not particularly good - no advantage to either team - just not good. The team fouls were even at 7 for each team in the first half. Second half team fouls were almost even in the end (9-8 in EHS's favor) but the total was slanted slightly by 2-3 fouls late when Greeneville needed to stop the clock. Greeneville will be tougher when Fender gets healthy.

OK I give up everything from from Knoxville east is in Elizabethtons zone.

As for THE KING OF DRAG If the truth hurts when you read that is too bad. If Eliz. played the cards they were dealt they would stop recruiting.What about the young ladies that live inside the zone that loses playing time because of out of zoners. Don't they matter.

Oh yea they can just play what they've been dealt or they can stay home RIGHT!

NO, the ladies that live in the zone can still earn their starting positions. YOu make it sound like Elizabethton is offering some kind of lucrative deal if players come from other parts of the county to play for them. Maybe they're not charging them the 400 dollars a year :lol: give me a break. I'm a Cloudland Highlander man so your ignorant statements don't hurt me one bit. I just know what it takes to be successful. Most complainers never do.

NO, the ladies that live in the zone can still earn their starting positions. YOu make it sound like Elizabethton is offering some kind of lucrative deal if players come from other parts of the county to play for them. Maybe they're not charging them the 400 dollars a year :lol: give me a break. I'm a Cloudland Highlander man so your ignorant statements don't hurt me one bit. I just know what it takes to be successful. Most complainers never do.

:thumb:

You must not be a very proud highlander then. If sitting back and watching your better players get recruited to other schools.So being successful is turning your back on your friends and going somewhere else .Unless you are one of those parents that is paying tuition.

You must not be a very proud highlander then. If sitting back and watching your better players get recruited to other schools.So being successful is turning your back on your friends and going somewhere else .Unless you are one of those parents that is paying tuition.

Your talking to the proudest Highlander, but I believe every parent should put their child first. Turning your back on your friends can be equated to abandoning someone in their direst need. People can still be friends and attend other schools and everyone can be successful at the same time. When I see Kristen Powell on the basketball floor, I don't think she is unhappy with where she is at. When parents force their kids to go somewhere they don't want to, then I have a problem with that. Many kids express a desire to go to Elizabethton for many different reasons. They offer soccer, wrestling, volleyball, track and field. Other kids would rather stay in their county shcool and thats fine too. I don't think anyone is twisting these kids arms to go to Elizabethton and I think it is just as wrong to twist their arm and make them stay in the county.

Your talking to the proudest Highlander, but I believe every parent should put their child first. Turning your back on your friends can be equated to abandoning someone in their direst need. People can still be friends and attend other schools and everyone can be successful at the same time. When I see Kristen Powell on the basketball floor, I don't think she is unhappy with where she is at. When parents force their kids to go somewhere they don't want to, then I have a problem with that. Many kids express a desire to go to Elizabethton for many different reasons. They offer soccer, wrestling, volleyball, track and field. Other kids would rather stay in their county shcool and thats fine too. I don't think anyone is twisting these kids arms to go to Elizabethton and I think it is just as wrong to twist their arm and make them stay in the county.

:thumb:

King is making some great points. There are fierce rivalries between all the Carter County schools, including Elizabethton. There has always been some movement back and forth between students and athletes. All the schools like to beat each other on the courts and fields, but when push comes to shove, we are all Carter Countians and I think most of us root for the others when they get in the playoffs. I also recall three good basketball players (Laura Bowman, Megan Johnson, and Alicia Colbaugh)that transferred from Elizabethton to Unaka for a variety of reasons. I would have liked for them to have stayed, but I do not begrudge their decisions and think a lot of all three of them. Betsy also lost two great softball players to Unaka a few years back (Ryann Musick and Megan Heaton). Both earned college scholarships at Unaka, but once again I harbor no ill will toward those two fine young ladies. So it is not always kids leaving the county for the city. It goes both ways.

Doodle, it's getting old. If you have documentable accusations and proof, go to the T$$AA and let them figure it out. Otherwise, please leave it alone! If any team had a right to gripe about the recruiting, it would be Cloudland, and we aren't.

Kristen moved for academics, basketball, softball, whatever, and she has done well. Good luck to them.

Actually, her 8th grade year, we won the Sectional State Championship. Off that team we lost Kristen to Eton, another to a Sullivan County team, one went out of state, and two went to Science Hill. Would we have been better if they stayed? I don't know. I do know we moved on, have fielded solid teams, and gone on with life.

Sure wish you would.