4a Top Ten for 2011

MountainTroll

Anyway this is a 4A thread about next year all the other stuff has been talked about for long enough. So getting back on topic I think SM will be the highest ranked 4A team in this area when the 2011 pre-season rankings come out. We could possibly be ranked in the top 5.

Top 5? Signal mountain hasn't played a single 4A game yet. It is unlikely they'll get that kinda love from the pollsters. It's not like you're Maryville moving from 5A to 6A. No doubt the Eagles will make some noise in 4A, but they are a fledgeling program jumping 2 classifications AND from the Chattanooga area...thats not gonna get a lot of respect from the sports writers in Nashville, Memphis, or Knoxville.

Top 5? Signal mountain hasn't played a single 4A game yet. It is unlikely they'll get that kinda love from the pollsters. It's not like you're Maryville moving from 5A to 6A. No doubt the Eagles will make some noise in 4A, but they are a fledgeling program jumping 2 classifications AND from the Chattanooga area...thats not gonna get a lot of respect from the sports writers in Nashville, Memphis, or Knoxville.

smeagle...Meet Barb. She is really nice. Hope you'll take the time to get to know her.

Edited by Torch

smeagle...Meet Barb. She is really nice. Hope you'll take the time to get to know her.

I'll get on just fine with the good folks from up on the mountain, Torch...as long as they don't mind me speakin' my mind. I just think they need to be prepared to earn their place in AAAA. As impressive as a AA state championship is, it is a AA championship. I think maybe they should get to the play-offs next year before they proclaim themselves AAAA elite.

I'll get on just fine with the good folks from up on the mountain, Torch...as long as they don't mind me speakin' my mind. I just think they need to be prepared to earn their place in AAAA. As impressive as a AA state championship is, it is a AA championship. I think maybe they should get to the play-offs next year before they proclaim themselves AAAA elite.

Hello Barb we are not proclaiming us as being 4A elite. We are gonna make some noise. Your correct about the Chattanooga area somewhat. (been weak for a while) We will be in the playoffs next year you can count on that. (T$$AA make sure of that, heck 4-6 teams make it) I have watched you guys over the years and have saw ya'll in Cookville this year (Congrats on the victory)

Edited by realmenwearred

Hello Barb we are not proclaiming us as being 4A elite. We are gonna make some noise. Your correct about the Chattanooga area somewhat. (been weak for a while) We will be in the playoffs next year you can count on that. (T$$AA make sure of that, heck 4-6 teams make it) I have watched you guys over the years and have saw ya'll in Cookville this year (Congrats on the victory)

Thanks Red, don't mean to paint you all with the same brush, but yer buddy smeagle has proclaimed the Eagles the highest ranked team in your area...pre-season top 5. Best not to overlook Red Bank...even in a down year, they garner a moderate amount of respect statewide. On a different topic, will Howard students still get to cross zones next year because of test scores? If so, how will it impact the talent levels at RB and SM? They had some pretty good talent last year...might wanna get some scouts out to spring practice.

Thanks Red, don't mean to paint you all with the same brush, but yer buddy smeagle has proclaimed the Eagles the highest ranked team in your area...pre-season top 5. Best not to overlook Red Bank...even in a down year, they garner a moderate amount of respect statewide. On a different topic, will Howard students still get to cross zones next year because of test scores? If so, how will it impact the talent levels at RB and SM? They had some pretty good talent last year...might wanna get some scouts out to spring practice.

We on the mtn would welcome anyone. I think RB would benefit from Howard a little more than us, it is alot longer drive/ride to us. Will have to disagree with your RB comment, I think football is dead there for a while. (i.e. coaches leaving and just not the same school as when I was there in the 90's) I hope the best for them but things just are not looking good. And believe me I HATE IT. I was a Lion but I don't even own anything blue anymore except maybe jeans. Howard showed me more last year than RB. I saw them twice last year and it broke my heart! :cry: Like I said, I wish them the best of luck!:thumb: But I bleed RED and Black! Go Eagles.

And we Eagles are a little loud but heck we been trying to get a school up here for 40 YEARS!!!!!! 40 YEARS!!!!!!! I would have loved to been able to play for MY hometown and NOT someone elses. I will tell you this we are not going away so just get used to us. We all are just having fun on here so (everyone) don't get your feelings hurt and lets have a good time!

I hope we meet Greeneville in the playoffs, if your gonna play why not play the best!

And for all of ya'll that say, "we are scared to Alcoa." I don't make the schedule but if I did, I would have come up there this year. Your only gonna get better playing good programs. I loved watching ya'll again in Cookville this year. Top notch program!

GO EAGLES!

We on the mtn would welcome anyone. I think RB would benefit from Howard a little more than us, it is alot longer drive/ride to us. Will have to disagree with your RB comment, I think football is dead there for a while. (i.e. coaches leaving and just not the same school as when I was there in the 90's) I hope the best for them but things just are not looking good. And believe me I HATE IT. I was a Lion but I don't even own anything blue anymore except maybe jeans. Howard showed me more last year than RB. I saw them twice last year and it broke my heart! :cry: Like I said, I wish them the best of luck!:thumb: But I bleed RED and Black! Go Eagles.

And we Eagles are a little loud but heck we been trying to get a school up here for 40 YEARS!!!!!! 40 YEARS!!!!!!! I would have loved to been able to play for MY hometown and NOT someone elses. I will tell you this we are not going away so just get used to us. We all are just having fun on here so (everyone) don't get your feelings hurt and lets have a good time!

I hope we meet Greeneville in the playoffs, if your gonna play why not play the best!

And for all of ya'll that say, "we are scared to Alcoa." I don't make the schedule but if I did, I would have come up there this year. Your only gonna get better playing good programs. I loved watching ya'll again in Cookville this year. Top notch program!

GO EAGLES!

We have Alcoa on our schedule this year and I'm scared...Red Bank's offense is run heavy and tends to be dependent on having a big "stud" RB.(could benefit from a Howard transfer) They lost their defensive coordinator and that has never been their stregnth so they may come out on the other side in better shape. Daniels is savvy and will find a suitable replacement for Cobble.

We have Alcoa on our schedule this year and I'm scared...Red Bank's offense is run heavy and tends to be dependent on having a big "stud" RB.(could benefit from a Howard transfer) They lost their defensive coordinator and that has never been their stregnth so they may come out on the other side in better shape. Daniels is savvy and will find a suitable replacement for Cobble.

What if Coach Daniels were to leave also? Again I hope he stays and become sucessful again, it is a great community. The RB atmosphere is not what it used to be. The band has slowly become alot smaller the last couple of years and the crowds are just not as big as it used to be. I hope Coach D stays rebuilds his staff and restores the glory. I hope that SM and RB can have a rival game in coming years. The timing is just not right for now. I do want a RB / SM game eventually.

barb, I hate to say but I don't think Red Bank will be as good as they once were. Last year was the second year of decline and I just don't see a turnaround coming next year. I could be wrong but it's just what I see and apparently what RMWR is seeing too. However, that could change. I also hear they might be in jeopardy of becoming a failing school in the wonderful world of No Child Left Behind. If this does happen they could be in big trouble because the kids will be allowed to go to any passing school without penalty. Now I hope this doesn't happen but I can see it being a real concern. There is also the rumor going around that since Coach D's daughter is leaving RB due to graduation he is looking to get out too. But I must say this is just rumor and he could really be happy and looking forward to next year. But I mention these things because thats what leads me to say we will be the highest ranked team in Chattanooga. Time will tell....

I will say East Hamilton will be the wild card in our area. It will be their 3rd season with increased enrollment and they finally have a field to play on. Things might turn out good for them next year.

Oh, almost forgot to answer your question about Howard. Yes they will still be paired with a passing school and it will most likely continue to be SM. But if RB does get classified as a failing school that could change things. Also Howard could be taken over by the state and I'm not sure what that would do to the pairing. So there are alot of things going on down here that bring tremendous uncertainty into play.

One last thing did you know we played Red Bank in the jamboree last year? I know it was only the jamboree but you can rest assured they gave us all they had.

barb, I hate to say but I don't think Red Bank will be as good as they once were. Last year was the second year of decline and I just don't see a turnaround coming next year. I could be wrong but it's just what I see and apparently what RMWR is seeing too. However, that could change. I also hear they might be in jeopardy of becoming a failing school in the wonderful world of No Child Left Behind. If this does happen they could be in big trouble because the kids will be allowed to go to any passing school without penalty. Now I hope this doesn't happen but I can see it being a real concern. There is also the rumor going around that since Coach D's daughter is leaving RB due to graduation he is looking to get out too. But I must say this is just rumor and he could really be happy and looking forward to next year. But I mention these things because thats what leads me to say we will be the highest ranked team in Chattanooga. Time will tell....

I will say East Hamilton will be the wild card in our area. It will be their 3rd season with increased enrollment and they finally have a field to play on. Things might turn out good for them next year.

Oh, almost forgot to answer your question about Howard. Yes they will still be paired with a passing school and it will most likely continue to be SM. But if RB does get classified as a failing school that could change things. Also Howard could be taken over by the state and I'm not sure what that would do to the pairing. So there are alot of things going on down here that bring tremendous uncertainty into play.

One last thing did you know we played Red Bank in the jamboree last year? I know it was only the jamboree but you can rest assured they gave us all they had.

So you would consider Red Banks 2009 team that went 12-1, losing to Greeneville in the quarterfinals by 1 pt, decline? As for next season, which is what we are speaking, test scores are already in and Red Bank has survived NCLB. Its kinda late for Daniels to consider another position, unless some 6A coach has a meltdown...he's there for at least another year. I don't doubt SM will be one of the best teams in the Chattanooga area,but I think your pre-season aspiration of top 5 is a stretch. There are plenty of teams in the mix in 4A... Lexington,White House, Liberty, Giles, Fulton,Crockett, Lipscomb, Page, Maplewood and Greeneville are perrennial pre-season favorites. Cracking the top 10 is a lofty goal for a newly-fledged eaglet, much less top 5.

So you would consider Red Banks 2009 team that went 12-1, losing to Greeneville in the quarterfinals by 1 pt, decline? As for next season, which is what we are speaking, test scores are already in and Red Bank has survived NCLB. Its kinda late for Daniels to consider another position, unless some 6A coach has a meltdown...he's there for at least another year. I don't doubt SM will be one of the best teams in the Chattanooga area,but I think your pre-season aspiration of top 5 is a stretch. There are plenty of teams in the mix in 4A... Lexington,White House, Liberty, Giles, Fulton,Crockett, Lipscomb, Page, Maplewood and Greeneville are perrennial pre-season favorites. Cracking the top 10 is a lofty goal for a newly-fledged eaglet, much less top 5.

indubitably.gifYou is always right, Barb.

Signal will not be in the pre-season top 5 and will be be lucky to be in the top 10.

However, we will be in the top five of the T$$AA 4a playoff standings after week 10.:ph34r:

So you would consider Red Banks 2009 team that went 12-1, losing to Greeneville in the quarterfinals by 1 pt, decline? As for next season, which is what we are speaking, test scores are already in and Red Bank has survived NCLB. Its kinda late for Daniels to consider another position, unless some 6A coach has a meltdown...he's there for at least another year. I don't doubt SM will be one of the best teams in the Chattanooga area,but I think your pre-season aspiration of top 5 is a stretch. There are plenty of teams in the mix in 4A... and Greeneville are perrennial pre-season favorites. Cracking the top 10 is a lofty goal for a newly-fledged eaglet, much less top 5.

Barb don't get me wrong, I am only speaking easy because of my ignorance of Lexington,White House, Liberty, Giles, Fulton,Crockett, & Lipscomb. Of course a couple of unforseen injuries or something of that nature could change everything. I do believe we can handle ourselves down here in southeast part of the state just fine. Like smeagle1 said East Hamilton could be a wild card, they WILL become a power in the future. Slow start so far? Not sure why?

HEY BARB PUT US AT NO 11 PRE SEASON I WILL TAKE THAT.

GO EAGLES!

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU THIS SEASON. :thumb:

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/team.cfm?schoolid=415&sportid=1

NOV 5th should have been the end of this RB season. Page gave that game away. I was there.

What has anyone said about Page this year?

Edited by realmenwearred