4a Top Ten for 2011

MountainTroll

Here wuz the top 20 seeds at the end of the 2010 regular season.

Any big changes next year?

Greeneville

Trezevant

Maplewood

Gibbs

Giles County

Liberty Magnet

Lexington

David Lipscomb

Ripley

Crockett County

Claiborne County

Hillcrest

Knoxville Fulton

Red Bank

Chattanooga Central

Greenbrier

Scott County

Sheffield

Page

Montgomery Central

Here wuz the top 20 seeds at the end of the 2010 regular season.

Any big changes next year?

Greeneville

Trezevant

Maplewood

Gibbs

Giles County

Liberty Magnet

Lexington

David Lipscomb

Ripley

Crockett County

Claiborne County

Hillcrest

Knoxville Fulton

Red Bank

Chattanooga Central

Greenbrier

Scott County

Sheffield

Page

Montgomery Central

troll, the only teams on that list that i followed any this year were greenbrier and david lipscomb. and at the risk of ticking off the goat (big greenbrier fan, the goat that is) i can say confidently that sig mtn is a better team than both of them. so you may already be in the top 10. :roflolk:

troll, the only teams on that list that i followed any this year were greenbrier and david lipscomb. and at the risk of ticking off the goat (big greenbrier fan, the goat that is) i can say confidently that sig mtn is a better team than both of them. so you may already be in the top 10. :roflolk:

And it begins...................................:popcorneater:

The Goat sez: My beloved Bobcats will be in the mix TROLL and Snoball.Just because we lost to the worst team in the state last year doesn't mean we're not contenders for the crown. :roflolk::roflolk:

This is my picks, I am doing this as a almost complete shot in the dark.

1 Greenville 10-0 next year same

2 Trezevant 9-1 next year same if they didn't lose to many starters

3 Maplewood 9-1 next year 8-2

4 Giles Cty 8-2 next year ?

5 Lexingon 8-2 next year ?

6 Signal Mtn 10-0 (in 2A) next year 8-2

7 Red Bank 6-4 next year 7-3

8 HIllcrest 7-3 next year ?

9 Ripley 7-3 next year ?

10 Crockett Cty 7-3 next year ?

Remember: The only teams I saw last year were Greenville, Trezevant, Maplewood, Red Bank and of course Signal Mountain.

Did see Chattanooga Central last year too. (Don't have them in the top 10) If there are any Purple Pounders out there prove me wrong this year, would love to see it!

I'm picking Signal to Dance with Greenville somewhere in the playoffs.

:popcorneater: Tell me what y'all think!

Edited by realmenwearred

9 Ripley 7-3 next year ?

Remember: The only teams I saw last year were Greenville, Trezevant, Maplewood, Red Bank and of course Signal Mountain.

Did see Chattanooga Central last year too. (Don't have them in the top 10) If there are any Purple Pounders out there prove me wrong this year, would love to see it!

From 2A State Champions to Top 10 in the state in 4A? Signal only plays two 4A teams and apparently a 6A team (Blackman). I can see Signal sweeping their region games but I would be surprised if they win too many games outside their region. Tyner, Polk County, South Pitt, and Blackman are tough games. I recall Signal having a rough time with Central in a scrimmage this past year but you didn't put them (Central) in the top 10 and they have a solid group of kids returning. Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

From 2A State Champions to Top 10 in the state in 4A? Signal only plays two 4A teams and apparently a 6A team (Blackman). I can see Signal sweeping their region games but I would be surprised if they win too many games outside their region. Tyner, Polk County, South Pitt, and Blackman are tough games. I recall Signal having a rough time with Central in a scrimmage this past year but you didn't put them (Central) in the top 10 and they have a solid group of kids returning. Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

Did you not read the 1st line in my post, "This is my picks, I am doing this as a almost complete shot in the dark"

Did you want me to say SM is going 5-5 and not make the playoffs?

Oh I forgot almost EVERYONE makes the playoffs (I mean heck 4 teams made the playoffs with 4 and 6 records in 4A last year!)

So yes, unless a large piece of space debris falls from outerspace and hits about 1/2 our team, I think we will make the playoffs next year!

Did you not see where I put "Prove me wrong" on the Central thing? I hope Central wins the state next year I know a couple of kids on the team and are awesome kids. BUT, they could not score with Dehart on the team last year and that kid was an awesome athelete. I was just thinking they are going to be worse on offense without him? Again Prove me wrong, I would love to see Central return to be a super power out of Chatt Town again like the past! I would love to see all of the Chattanooga area schools do well, and as far as us (SM) 8-2 or 7-3 and 2 games into the playoffs. That is my prediction, I hope we go and play for gold again but I think that may be pusing it.

Of course this is ALL just a shot in the dark just like I said in my post! Good luck to all in 4A.

Tell me what y'all think bout this one biscuit!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

Edited by realmenwearred

Did you not read the 1st line in my post, "This is my picks, I am doing this as a almost complete shot in the dark"

Did you want me to say SM is going 5-5 and not make the playoffs?

Oh I forgot almost EVERYONE makes the playoffs (I mean heck 4 teams made the playoffs with 4 and 6 records in 4A last year!)

So yes, unless a large piece of space debris falls from outerspace and hits about 1/2 our team, I think we will make the playoffs next year!

Did you not see where I put "Prove me wrong" on the Central thing? I hope Central wins the state next year I know a couple of kids on the team and are awesome kids. BUT, they could not score with Dehart on the team last year and that kid was an awesome athelete. I was just thinking they are going to be worse on offense without him? Again Prove me wrong, I would love to see Central return to be a super power out of Chatt Town again like the past! I would love to see all of the Chattanooga area schools do well, and as far as us (SM) 8-2 or 7-3 and 2 games into the playoffs. That is my prediction, I hope we go and play for gold again but I think that may be pusing it.

Of course this is ALL just a shot in the dark just like I said in my post! Good luck to all in 4A.

Tell me what y'all think bout this one biscuit!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry 5 teams made the playoffs with 4-6 records not 4!

9 Ripley 7-3 next year ?

Greeneville will be back but since they added Alcoa to their schedule, won't come in undefeated.