4a Top Ten for 2011

MountainTroll

I believe that Liberty Tech will be in the thick of things. Finished 9-3 with a very young team, and a young man that had never played qb before.Averaged 40 points a game. lost games to 5A Jackson N.side 21-20, white House 28-20. And got man handeled by lexington. But the majority of this team is returning. Should be fun!!!!

I believe that Liberty Tech will be in the thick of things. Finished 9-3 with a very young team, and a young man that had never played qb before.Averaged 40 points a game. lost games to 5A Jackson N.side 21-20, white House 28-20. And got man handeled by lexington. But the majority of this team is returning. Should be fun!!!!

10 & 0 for sure ...... then they have to face the demons from across the river :o

Did you not read the 1st line in my post, "This is my picks, I am doing this as a almost complete shot in the dark"

Did you want me to say SM is going 5-5 and not make the playoffs?

Oh I forgot almost EVERYONE makes the playoffs (I mean heck 4 teams made the playoffs with 4 and 6 records in 4A last year!)

So yes, unless a large piece of space debris falls from outerspace and hits about 1/2 our team, I think we will make the playoffs next year!

Did you not see where I put "Prove me wrong" on the Central thing? I hope Central wins the state next year I know a couple of kids on the team and are awesome kids. BUT, they could not score with Dehart on the team last year and that kid was an awesome athelete. I was just thinking they are going to be worse on offense without him? Again Prove me wrong, I would love to see Central return to be a super power out of Chatt Town again like the past! I would love to see all of the Chattanooga area schools do well, and as far as us (SM) 8-2 or 7-3 and 2 games into the playoffs. That is my prediction, I hope we go and play for gold again but I think that may be pusing it.

Of course this is ALL just a shot in the dark just like I said in my post! Good luck to all in 4A.

Tell me what y'all think bout this one biscuit!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

I understand where you are coming from but I'm just saying that REALISTICALLY I, personally, don't see Signal having that good of a record. But like you, I'm just stating an opinion. I think Signal would probably be top 20 or so in 4A but strictly based off the players they are returning; not what they did last year.

As for the Central deal, I think I did prove it by bringing up the fact that they gave Signal a rough time in a scrimmage. I'm not saying they are top 10, but if they aren't then Signal shouldn't be either. FYI, Central beat Red Bank this past season. And yes, they will miss Dehart but ya'll will be missing Whitmire, Morgan, Hogans, and Garner. Arguably, Signal is losing more offensive production than anyone in Chattanooga.

I'm just trying to be realistic. Just my opinion. I'd like to see every Chattanooga team do well also. It's great to have local teams in the playofs.

I understand where you are coming from but I'm just saying that REALISTICALLY I, personally, don't see Signal having that good of a record. But like you, I'm just stating an opinion. I think Signal would probably be top 20 or so in 4A but strictly based off the players they are returning; not what they did last year.

As for the Central deal, I think I did prove it by bringing up the fact that they gave Signal a rough time in a scrimmage. I'm not saying they are top 10, but if they aren't then Signal shouldn't be either. FYI, Central beat Red Bank this past season. And yes, they will miss Dehart but ya'll will be missing Whitmire, Morgan, Hogans, and Garner. Arguably, Signal is losing more offensive production than anyone in Chattanooga.

I'm just trying to be realistic. Just my opinion. I'd like to see every Chattanooga team do well also. It's great to have local teams in the playofs.

I, too, like to see all the area teams do well. The competition makes everybody better.

No doubt the seniors you list will be missed, but don't forget how deep we were on offense. Reece Phillips, who will be a junior, will probably get the QB job. Troll predicts he will be as good as Whitmire passing, and he also can run the ball. :shock: Four of five OL are returning. Got Price, Hall, and Bowman returning in the backfield. Patton and Queen at wide receiver. Not to mention a stable of young talent coming up through the ranks. Signal offensive scoring will rival last year, even against tougher AA defense. :ph34r:

Defense is again a concern. However, this will be a major focus in the off season. We have smart, talented athletes; and with proper strength & conditioning and improved skills/technique coaching, I believe our D will continue to improve.

Signal Mountain Eagles will be in the thick of it. You can take that to the bank. :thumb: