12AA New year New Season

Slider

....how do MC players match up with Giles and Spring Hill players?

Experienced pitching gives a slight edge to M.C.(Senior lefty with good control and sick "stuff' Marcus Green and a power righty junior who is as good as anyone Cody Vernon.) Also all nine positions will be filled with kids who have already had a taste of the intensity of these two rivalry games, until you have played in one it's hard to understand just how crazy it gets. I think when these three teams get together, in any combination, it's about as good as high school baseball gets. No matter who has the edge on paper when these games start you know it's gonna be a war! We are blessed to be able to watch some of the best, most intense high school baseball in the state at any leval. I personally treasure each game and know I will never forget them. These young men leave all they have on the field and it's nice to see that when it's just for the love of their school and the love of the game, not for million dollar contracts. Enjoy guys cause this is as good as it gets!

Edited by HOOKEM

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experienced pitching gives a slight edge to M.C.(Senior lefty with good control and sick "stuff' Marcus Green and a power righty junior who is as good as anyone Cody Vernon.) Also all nine positions will be filled with kids who have already had a taste of the intensity of these two rivalry games, until you have played in one it's hard to understand just how crazy it gets. I think when these three teams get together, in any combination, it's about as good as high school baseball gets. No matter who has the edge on paper when these games start you know it's gonna be a war! We are blessed to be able to watch some of the best, most intense high school baseball in the state at any leval. I personally treasure each game and know I will never forget them. These young men leave all they have on the field and it's nice to see that when it's just for the love of their school and the love of the game, not for million dollar contracts. Enjoy guys cause this is as good as it gets!

I agree... the SH/MC, SH/GC, and GC/MC games are usually games filled with high emotions and some great baseball.

Wow, If the pitching edge goes to MC thats pretty strong. I read above(willie)that SH has a D1 pitcher (shubert)How did green or vernon do against SH last year? They may not have even thrown against them, I don't know. What are their prospects for college? Any looks yet?

Wow, If the pitching edge goes to MC thats pretty strong. I read above(willie)that SH has a D1 pitcher (shubert)How did green or vernon do against SH last year? They may not have even thrown against them, I don't know. What are their prospects for college? Any looks yet?

Schubert from SH has signed with Lipscomb. Very good arm and a hard thrower. He had two games last year that he had 14 K's against Page and Blackman.

Green or Vernon did not throw against SH last season. I say the Vernon kid throw over the summer. He has a lot of upside and should do well for MC this season.

Teal from SH should get a lot looks this season. He is sneaky fast and hides the ball very well.

Spring Hill will win the District easily. A lot of experience, terrific offense, and very strong pitchin lead by Schubert and Teal. Marshall, honestly I think lost too much last year, didnt they have a lot of seniors other than the obvious Watkins and Chapman? I dont feel Giles has much firepower nor pitching, I may need more insight but they dont seem they should be a front runner. Page was young last year and were a tough team even when Gross did not pitch, they have a lefty that is really good that I've seen and some young bats. Lewis in my opinion is gonna shock some people, pitchin wont be too strong, only time will tell, but should be tough defensively and will put runs on the board. As for Hickman, Fairview, and East I dont think they will do much other than to each other.. Spring Hill will be the elite team and the other 4 fight for the other top spots.

1.Spring Hill

2.Page

3.Marshall

4.Lewis

5.Giles

[2-5 in any order in my opinion]

6.Hickman

7.Fairview

8.East

Spring Hill will win the District easily. A lot of experience, terrific offense, and very strong pitchin lead by Schubert and Teal. Marshall, honestly I think lost too much last year, didnt they have a lot of seniors other than the obvious Watkins and Chapman? I dont feel Giles has much firepower nor pitching, I may need more insight but they dont seem they should be a front runner. Page was young last year and were a tough team even when Gross did not pitch, they have a lefty that is really good that I've seen and some young bats. Lewis in my opinion is gonna shock some people, pitchin wont be too strong, only time will tell, but should be tough defensively and will put runs on the board. As for Hickman, Fairview, and East I dont think they will do much other than to each other.. Spring Hill will be the elite team and the other 4 fight for the other top spots.

1.Spring Hill

2.Page

3.Marshall

4.Lewis

5.Giles

6.Hickman

7.Fairview

8.East

This district will never be easy. Spring Hill is expected to win but there are a couple quality teams that will definitely challenge them. You can be a really good team in this district and finish 3rd.

This district will never be easy. Spring Hill is expected to win but there are a couple quality teams that will definitely challenge them. You can be a really good team in this district and finish 3rd.

I really think thats why s.h. did so well in the state championships last year. This district is as tough as it gets and every team has quality players and every game comes down to one mistake. That makes these teams hard to deal with if they ever get a shot at the next leval. As I have said before, I feel lucky every year just to watch these games cause you never know how it"s gonna turn out. Let's all cheer hard for "our " team but in the end let's hope this district sends another team and this time bring that gold trophy back to our region where it belongs.

1.Spring Hill

2.Page

3.Marshall

4.Lewis

5.Giles

6.Hickman

7.Fairview

8.East

Spring Hill lost a bunch of defense. Two out fielders,ss and 1st base. What do they have to replace those losses? Looks like some opportunity for some to step up!

I think this district will be as competitive, but not in the way as everyone thinks. The top three teams are so much better than the rest. Spring Hill, Marshall, and Giles will dominate the rest, with Page being an exception that might win one or two against this group. These top three teams will be competitive with each other. The rest are not very good which will amke for some interesting matchups.

Page lost the one ace they had, and i was not overly impressed with their lineup last year. Lewis has Ammons, but that is pretty much it. not solid in pitching from last year, and most teams will not let one player beat them, so if the game is close Ammons will recieve the Barry Bonds treatment this year.

The others, Hickman, Faiview, and East are all about the same talent wise. I think the difference in these teams will be experience and their coaching.

Fairview only had one senior last year and return a decent defensive lineup but they can't score. they will probaly play a lot of close game and depend on their defense to win as they do not have any thing resembling a decent pitcher.

East is East, and that says what you need to know. Stop me if you have heard this one before, but they have a new coach, who is young and in his first coaching job, who will add some discipline to the team that it needs. Seems like this is what eveyrone says about East at the start of every season, but then some parent or player gets mad and the coach is sent away. No wonder they have a hard time being competitive.

Hickman is interesting. they didnt play very well most of last year, but do have some decent players coming back. they made an unbelievable come back in a game in the district tournament last year that they could build off of, but their defense was shaky at best last year and that could hurt their chances.

So in my humble opinion, here is how i think the district finishes the regular seaosn:

1. Marshall County (13-1) splits with SH, sweeps all others

2. Spring Hill (12-2) splits with MC and GC, sweeps the rest

3. Giles County (11-3) splits with SH, swept by MC, sweeps the rest

4. Lewis County (7-7)splits with Page, swept by MC, SH, GC, sweeps the rest

5. Page(7-7) splits with LC, swept by MC, SH, GC, sweeps the rest

6. Hickman County (4-10)sweeps Fairview and East, loses the rest

7. Fairview (2-12)sweeps East, loses the rest

8. East Hickman (0-14)tough year for new coach with not a lot of talent

East Hickman will be returning starting pitchers Sr. Craig Milam and Sr.Dylan Brewer, both were last years Starting Pitchers, Sr.Derrick Gosset will probably be in the rotation also,Our young pitchers got some good experience last year and they can use it this year and another year of growing/strength will help. Last year was a joke for our kids, the coach was a one year paycheck seeker who cared nothing about winning,and has parted ways after his horrible debut. This year looks to be much better as far as trying to get a positive flow going, just because its is a first year young coach does not mean failure. Hopefully our parents will keep thier mouths shut and let him do his job. I am interested to see how disp. is executed on the team this year, we have some "free wheeling loose cannons" that if guided right will benefet East Hickman

Edited by easteaglebaseball

Schubert from SH has signed with Lipscomb. Very good arm and a hard thrower. He had two games last year that he had 14 K's against Page and Blackman.

Green or Vernon did not throw against SH last season. I say the Vernon kid throw over the summer. He has a lot of upside and should do well for MC this season.

Teal from SH should get a lot looks this season. He is sneaky fast and hides the ball very well.

Hey Willie, just wondering how the young men who signed from S.H. last year are doing in college. I saw that Broshu went 3 for 4 in a game for Columbia State and I figured you might know about some of the others. It was a really good class and i was just wondering cause i thought they would all do well at the next level. Thanks. I just don't have any connections or even know where some of them went.

Spring Hill lost a bunch of defense. Two out fielders,ss and 1st base. What do they have to replace those losses? Looks like some opportunity for some to step up!

I see Heath Petty (a Jr. PO from last year) be a starter in the outfield. SS will be taken over by SH's last year Sophomore 2nd baseman, Dathan Prewett. He is a D1 prospect definitely. I also think with the hitting that Luke Bigler put on as a Sophomore will allow him to jump on in the field with some of the older fielder's gone. I saw him playing 2nd this summer. Is that where he will be this season?

I see Heath Petty (a Jr. PO from last year) be a starter in the outfield. SS will be taken over by SH's last year Sophomore 2nd baseman, Dathan Prewett. He is a D1 prospect definitely. I also think with the hitting that Luke Bigler put on as a Sophomore will allow him to jump on in the field with some of the older fielder's gone. I saw him playing 2nd this summer. Is that where he will be this season?