McCallie Coach Whitt resigns

BigOwl

:thumb:

Coach Whitt is one of the finest gentlemen I have ever known. His time and attention to all his players is phenomenal. We appreciate all that he managed to teach Blueson and all the time he spent helping him to locate a good collegiate football fit.

He is very special!

:thumb: Sounds like he is a good person. Who is in line for the next Head Coach? :thumb:

Edited by airraid09

Lots of rumours swirling. My understanding is that they have formed a committee to review all applications and make a decision. My experience with committees is that it will take a while although Coach Whitt was named in a week and a half.

We have at least 3 assistants on staff with head coaching experience on their resumes - Coach Tolar, Coach Caine and Coach Suttles. If they are interested I have not heard.

IMHO, a head coach definitely makes a difference, but until the blue opens the coffers a little bit and improves its student-athlete selection we will remain mid-pack. Hard to coach a team with very little lead in the pencil.

Interesting names thrown out on the local sports radio show Saturday morning. Allegedly (at least according to one guy who has talked to a number of ppl at McCallie), Bill Price has talked with McCallie. Ted Gatewood at East Hamilton was suggested, as was Tim Daniels at Red Bank. The name of Grant Reynolds from Boyd Buchanan was also mentioned. The only one that makes any sense to me is Gatewood. Can't see McCallie being interested in the others. Just my opinion.

Edited by Chattcity

When you look back over 100 years or so of history, the Blue has a tradition of hiring from within or one of the Blue family, i.e. an alum. It will definitely be interesting to see who actually submits a resume and what the final outcome will be! One of the most successful "out hires" was Pete Potter (Ralph's dad) 1973 until 1993. Of course, times were a different then!

Interesting names thrown out on the local sports radio show Saturday morning. Allegedly (at least according to one guy who has talked to a number of ppl at McCallie), Bill Price has talked with McCallie. Ted Gatewood at East Hamilton was suggested, as was Tim Daniels at Red Bank. The name of Grant Reynolds from Boyd Buchanan was also mentioned. The only one that makes any sense to me is Gatewood. Can't see McCallie being interested in the others. Just my opinion.

From what i hear, Brian Rector (former Ravenwood High School Head Coach) current Graduate Assistant at Western Kentucky name has been mentioned???