Jefferson County FB 2011

dvp4life

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head Coach Justin Anderson(4th year) resigned on Wed Jan 5th 2011,Also resigned was Craig Kisabeth AD(2o plus years as AD and former HC.Coach Anderson is credited with bringing the participation levels back up to near record levels and also made 2 first round playoff appearances along with a share of the IMAC Conferance Championship this year.Best wishes to Coach Anderson and Coach Kisabeth.

IMHO, JCHS needs to go after a top assistant coach from "proven" team (ie Alcoa, Maryville, ect....) or maybe Spencer Riley at Tusculum as a thought for Head Coach.

Whoever they get: The community businesses MUST ALSO get behind the team and give up some cash toward a new work out facility, 25 second clock, and other upkeep. Appy Electric, Banks, Nyrstar (aka the mines), Jeff-Cocke Utilities, WalMart, Lowes need to step up to the plate and shell out some cash for their name being called out and ads on the scoreboard (we need a new one of those too).

And the "FANS" need to get off their Butts and Cheer. A football game is not a library.

My 2 cents

Cowbell, More Cowbell

Edited by OHSgrad88

IMHO, JCHS needs to go after a top assistant coach from "proven" team (ie Alcoa, Maryville, ect....) or maybe Spencer Riley at Tusculum as a thought for Head Coach.

Whoever they get: The community businesses MUST ALSO get behind the team and give up some cash toward a new work out facility, 25 second clock, and other upkeep. Appy Electric, Banks, Nyrstar (aka the mines), Jeff-Cocke Utilities, WalMart, Lowes need to step up to the plate and shell out some cash for their name being called out and ads on the scoreboard (we need a new one of those too).

And the "FANS" need to get off their Butts and Cheer. I football game is not a library.

My 2 cents

Cowbell, More Cowbell

Yes you are correct lets hope! HOw about J Mathews at Sevier county. Ex vol with college exp. The point is there are several options and jc should be able to land someone to energize the program.

Yes you are correct lets hope! HOw about J Mathews at Sevier county. Ex vol with college exp. The point is there are several options and jc should be able to land someone to energize the program.

Why would you leave the Sevier County school system, where they have money for anything they want, to come to this county. His stipend at SCHS as an assistant is probably more than Anderson was getting, not to mention his teaching pay if he does teach. If I was a 6A assistant, I wouldn't want to become a head bad enough to move here.

Why would you leave the Sevier County school system, where they have money for anything they want, to come to this county. His stipend at SCHS as an assistant is probably more than Anderson was getting, not to mention his teaching pay if he does teach. If I was a 6A assistant, I wouldn't want to become a head bad enough to move here.

Just a thought but dont you figure that most young assistants want to be the man. Most type A personalities do. It aint like SC is maryville or something. This is why people start thier own buisiness. They want to be the one calling the shots. Even for less money. AND the head coach in JC shares the spotlite with no one in the county. NO retail, rodruns, or dollywood to share the spotlite with. HA HA This was just a thought for disc. Dont even know if he is a good coach?? Just a point that there is someone looking to promote. And you may remember that JC kicked SC last year 28-14???

I am not sure of how good the team at JeffCo could be but from what I have read they have a chance to be good but not alot of athletes. I keep hearing the name of Coach Case from West Greene. He would be a great fit if you look at what he has done at WGHS. He did not have much to work with there and very limited to nothing with assistant coaches and has gone to the playoffs the last 2 or 3 years. Will be interesting to see what JeffCo does.

I am not sure of how good the team at JeffCo could be but from what I have read they have a chance to be good but not alot of athletes. I keep hearing the name of Coach Case from West Greene. He would be a great fit if you look at what he has done at WGHS. He did not have much to work with there and very limited to nothing with assistant coaches and has gone to the playoffs the last 2 or 3 years. Will be interesting to see what JeffCo does.

Thats the name that keeps coming up. Oh what a shock that would be. West green seats aprox 500-1000 to a place that should see 7500-9000 if the program is winning? Will be interesting.

As to athletes. The freshman and JV teams have been very comp. Must find offensive mind to put points on the board. Def has been very solid over the past several years. JC will be much bigger next year. Couple good move-ins could help. one rumor is player at 6'5" at 300 lbs. A few of these cant hurt. go pats

Thats the name that keeps coming up. Oh what a shock that would be. West green seats aprox 500-1000 to a place that should see 7500-9000 if the program is winning? Will be interesting.

As to athletes. The freshman and JV teams have been very comp. Must find offensive mind to put points on the board. Def has been very solid over the past several years. JC will be much bigger next year. Couple good move-ins could help. one rumor is player at 6'5" at 300 lbs. A few of these cant hurt. go pats

Well sounds like he would be a good fit. I would like to see JeffCo get back on track a little more, just like to see upper E TN football getting better as a whole. There are a handful of teams that do good every year and I would like to see when every team could win on any Friday night. Good luck to the Pats and keep us posted on the HC position and names you hear.

For all the "want-a-be" Head Coaches out there, here is the link to the PDF for the Job description:

http://jc-schools.net/HR/job-desc/cert/Head_Football_%20Coach.pdf

Cowbell, More Cowbell

You need to also add the supplements that are paid for Head and Asst. Coaches'. Is it based on years, go up with each year of experience or a flat rate that never goes up?

Well sounds like he would be a good fit. I would like to see JeffCo get back on track a little more, just like to see upper E TN football getting better as a whole. There are a handful of teams that do good every year and I would like to see when every team could win on any Friday night. Good luck to the Pats and keep us posted on the HC position and names you hear.

Thanks and will do. Yes this area needs help. IMAC 0-8 in first round of playoffs over the past 2 years.