Jefferson County FB 2011

dvp4life

Thanks for the vote of confidence on your former coach!I have checked with a few sources and have heard very similar positive statements about Coach Cobble.Thanks also for the "good Luck" comment.We are gonna need it.Our County issues are so ingrained it would take days to tell them all to you.Suffice to say we have Crooked elected officials who have have been wheelin/deal,n/and steal'n for generations.We also many

"entitled " residents that believe that just because their ancestors are "FROM HERE " then they should get all the "starting" positions and all the "playing time" regardless of skill levels.He will have is hands full,but lets hope everyone can put their agenda aside and lets try to build this team up into a program.

You guys have won the lottery. You could not ask for a better coach or man to lead your players. Cobble knows the game and is a great motivator. You will like the product he will put out. I would love for my son to play for him again. If your players buy in to what he is doing with them they will be successful. My advice is to support him from the community, encourage the players and be positive. Rome wasn't built in a day. Like any other time there is change, there will be growing pains. They will be worth it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your new hire....I am a Red Bank parent/fan/alumni and it was a sad day when we learned that we were losing Coach Cobble because everyone here assumed that he was pretty much the coach-in wating for when our head coach retires. Cobble has been with Coach Daniels for the last 13 years and has had a great mentor that teaches discipline amongst his players and is a man of morals and ethics, I believe Cobble will be the same as head coach. All the players loved and respected Cobble as a Coach and man and he earned that respect.

It sounds like you all have alot issues up there but I don't believe that he will let that destract him from his responsiblities as a coach and will do whats right for the kids and the school. I think time will show that he will make a very good head coach. I believe your administration hired the right man for the job but I do wish we still had him for next year.

good luck.

A mentor that teaches discipline. Hardly. Red Bank has had many issues with discipline in recent years. Many of which have been swept under the locker room door. Cobble probably left because of the lack of discipline. Kenny seems to be a good guy though. Goodluck to him and JC.

A mentor that teaches discipline. Hardly. Red Bank has had many issues with discipline in recent years. Many of which have been swept under the locker room door. Cobble probably left because of the lack of discipline. Kenny seems to be a good guy though. Goodluck to him and JC.

Don't see why you think he left for any other reason than a great opportunity close to his hometown...although with enrollment dropping at RB and talent bailing for Signal, I'm sure he had nothing to stick around for aside from loyalty to Daniels, who might decide to head for greener pastures soon too!

After the introduction the other night, I can say he passes the initial test. I think he will sell his program and get additional players out. This will be a good thing. Excited that he has experience as the strenth coach. I do have questions for the red bank fans. Can you tell us what schemes we might see. What defenses did he run? What offenses might we see coming to JC. Many unknowns at this point. ANY rumors of anyone coming with him??? I am excited and look forward to what he puts on the field this fall. We have a great oppt to open the season strong. Welcome coach!!

After the introduction the other night, I can say he passes the initial test. I think he will sell his program and get additional players out. This will be a good thing. Excited that he has experience as the strenth coach. I do have questions for the red bank fans. Can you tell us what schemes we might see. What defenses did he run? What offenses might we see coming to JC. Many unknowns at this point. ANY rumors of anyone coming with him??? I am excited and look forward to what he puts on the field this fall. We have a great oppt to open the season strong. Welcome coach!!

You probably know already who is going with him. As far as what they are going to run, not sure if he knows at this point. He will do what is best for JC. Main thing is kids will fall in line and what they run really will not matter that much. Like someone said, you guys hit the jackpot, he is for real. I suspect a 4-3/5-2 defense. Toss/power offense depending if you live in California or Tennessee.

Let me rephase this. I am not saying anything about the new coach. Everyone deserves a chance. When I said it's a joke I was talkin about principal and everything that he has done. Don't know anything about cobble so all I can say is goodluck. V.

I,for one, am not willing to dislike this hire.I think it would be unfair to judge the guy before we have met him.The big question ,(at least at first....is whether he is a fair/honest man?,A man of ethics,truth, and decency?.Then can he rally the "players" and the community?,Next is how much support can he get from the school and county "shot callers"?,Can he get the assistantcoaches and support personel that he wants?Can he begin the process of rebuilding the program?,Weight room participation/enthusiasm.?CAN HE CONVINCE some of these IDIOT parents and QUASI SUPPORTERS to get on board?Can he acknowledge the 87 season once , and then convince everyone that saw that season to FORGET it and move ON?IDK the answer to anything,but I'm willing to wait and see for myself.

Edited by footballfan1000

I,for one, am not willing to dislike this hire.I think it would be unfair to judge the guy before we have met him.The big question ,(at least at first....is whether he is a fair/honest man?,A man of ethics,truth, and decency?.Then can he rally the "players" and the community?,Next is how much support can he get from the school and county "shot callers"?,Can he get the assistantcoaches and support personel that he wants?Can he begin the process of rebuilding the program?,Weight room participation/enthusiasm.?CAN HE CONVINCE some of these IDIOT parents and QUASI SUPPORTERS to get on board?Can he acknowledge the 87 season once , and then convince everyone that saw that season to FORGET it and move ON?IDK the answer to anything,but I'm willing to wait and see for myself.

Let me rephase this. I am not saying anything about the new coach. Everyone deserves a chance. When I said it's a joke I was talkin about principal and everything that he has done. Don't know anything about cobble so all I can say is goodluck. V.

I think you need to take your personal issues up with the Dr. Walker, like a man. Or write a letter to the Editor of the Banner or go to the School Board with it. Personally, I DO NOT CARE how big his office is.

On a Football note, oh yea, that is what this board is for....

Glad to have the new coach on board and look forward to seeing his product on the field. I hope he gets the "buy in" from the middle school/pee-wee league coaches, so he can break through the local politics and get more support.

Players, Keep working hard and getting ready for next season. Catch a couple of combines so you can see where you stack up against the other players in the area.

Cowbell, More Cowbell......

I think you need to take your personal issues up with the Dr. Walker, like a man. Or write a letter to the Editor of the Banner or go to the School Board with it. Personally, I DO NOT CARE how big his office is.

On a Football note, oh yea, that is what this board is for....

Glad to have the new coach on board and look forward to seeing his product on the field. I hope he gets the "buy in" from the middle school/pee-wee league coaches, so he can break through the local politics and get more support.

Players, Keep working hard and getting ready for next season. Catch a couple of combines so you can see where you stack up against the other players in the area.

Cowbell, More Cowbell......

This is something that must be initiated by the Coach Cobble...didn't happen under the previous coach. Its painfully obvious that the product @ the MS level in Dandridge is nothing but a pee-wee level offense. They run an unbalanced set the ENTIRE game...don't come out of it. Jeff Middle runs most of their plays from Splits, Flex and the I. I can tell you, though, that no one @ Jeff Middle was contancted about coordinating the program with what the high school was doing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...