7AAA - Time to talk baseball

govols10

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! There's a lot being said that ain't being said!

Yep - my Dad called it "Hem-Hawing around"!

Does anyone else see that when there is a question about transfers that it's always Riverdale that is in the know? Just picking on you Riverdaleman! :roflol:

Southpaw - didn't Hull have to sit out Varsity games when he "relocated" to Oakland? I've been told they were zoned for Oakland but mom worked at Siegel. Was that Mack's edict or was it by TSSAA rule?

I don't care - I hope the young man can play this year. If it's who I'm thinking of, he seemed to be a good kid.

Back to the regular scheduled topic...

MeepMeep!

Hull actually lives in the Oakland zone. I think he was grandfathered in to Siegel because his sister went there. He lives in a neighborhood that was once in one zone, then changed to another.

I don't know his reasons for changing schools, but several kids he played ball with as a youngster were at oakland. His mom changed schools after he did.

As for the kid that went from Blackman to Smyrna...i was told from a Blackman player how they justified the transfer. I'm not about to open that can of worms!

Lets move on (no pun intended)!

From what I saw this fall, Riverdale has a huge advantage. There is no comparison between the pitching staff of Riverdale and the other 7-AAA teams..

I saw Frebis and King previously mentioned, but I didn't see a Sutton.

He's ridiculously good and he's only a sophomore. I saw him at the Vandy camp this winter and he was 86-89 consistent.

Thanks for the update and please explain when you can.

Southpaw - what are the "intangibles" you refer to concerning Blackman?

BTW - Sam Lewis also signed with FH. Congrats to Sam! Several others on Siegel are close to getting their papers in order. I've also heard that Oakland will have several - 7AAA players are being sought after. Good job guys!

D.Kosinski- Tenn Tech

Fullerotn- Miss State

Lewis- FH

Taylor- Tulsa..?

Pearson- W.Kentucky

D.Kosinski- Tenn Tech

Fullerotn- Miss State

Lewis- FH

Taylor- Tulsa..?

Pearson- W.Kentucky

Is it ever going to warm up? What happened to global warming?

Thanks for the update - I had not heard of the others you listed besides Sam and Tyler as a commit or is this just who is the front runner with them? I was told that Taylor had applied to Tulsa and was talking with them, Kosinski was talking to several schools, and Pearson had not committed as of this past weekend.

How are the other kids doing - I know Coley was looking at several options, and Fann from Oakland had taken a few visits. Has there been interests from others that we've missed at other High schools in 7AAA? Please let us know.

Again, great job guys!

MeepMeep!

Getting closer but afraid we will be watching pre-season games with teeth chattering. The fields are pretty wet and we need a break in the snow/rain to get them dried out.

There has been some great commentary on this thread. It is great to see the excitement and there are going to be some great teams and players. Couple questions to throw out and keep the discussion going. We have broken down the teams but wanted to get some thoughts on players to watch this year. Remember: this is an opinion board to please feel free to give your thoughts.

1) who are the power hitters?

2) who are the toughest outs?

3) who are the power pitchers?

4) who are the best pitchers overall?

5) who are the best defensive players?

6) who are the best new comers?

Is it ever going to warm up? What happened to global warming?

Thanks for the update - I had not heard of the others you listed besides Sam and Tyler as a commit or is this just who is the front runner with them? I was told that Taylor had applied to Tulsa and was talking with them, Kosinski was talking to several schools, and Pearson had not committed as of this past weekend.

How are the other kids doing - I know Coley was looking at several options, and Fann from Oakland had taken a few visits. Has there been interests from others that we've missed at other High schools in 7AAA? Please let us know.

Again, great job guys!

MeepMeep!

There are several others from local 7AAA schools that have signed or are getting some attention.

Oakland - Griffin Moore has signed with Lipscomb University as a 2-way player. He had an offers from several other schools. He committed back in July and signed in November. There are a few others that are getting some interest but haven't committed yet.

Blackman - Zander Wiel has signed with Vanderbilt and Alex Vondohlen has signed with Freed-Hardeman.

Riverdale - Jonathan Frebis has signed with MTSU.

Siegel - Fullerton signed with Mississippi State and Sam Lewis signed with Freed-Hardeman.

Those are the ones that have sent in their NLI's.

There are several others from local 7AAA schools that have signed or are getting some attention.

Oakland - Griffin Moore has signed with Lipscomb University as a 2-way player. He had an offers from several other schools. He committed back in July and signed in November. There are a few others that are getting some interest but haven't committed yet.

Blackman - Zander Wiel has signed with Vanderbilt and Alex Vondohlen has signed with Freed-Hardeman.

Riverdale - Jonathan Frebis has signed with MTSU.

Siegel - Fullerton signed with Mississippi State and Sam Lewis signed with Freed-Hardeman.

Those are the ones that have sent in their NLI's.

Good news! Pearson gave his verbal to Western Kentucky on Saturday. Congratulations to "B"!

Southpaw,

You posted this:

Blackman - I agree, they are a scrappy squad and their coach always has them ready to play. There's a couple of intangibles going on right now that could influence their season.

Can you tell us what the "intangibles" you are referring to?

MeepMeep!

Edited by MeepMeep