Brawl in Celina

midtensportsfan

I have just found out that after the Clay Co. vs RedBoiling Springs game 2 players from RBS went into the stands and got into a brawl with the students from Clay Co. This was a knock down drag out, fist fight and it was all started by the RBS players. What a disgrace to RBS as a team and a community. What are you people teaching over there? Heard this happened at Pickett County too but this time it got out of hand with an all out brawl. There has to be suspensions involved for the rest of the year i would imagine. Anyone have any info on this game?

I have just found out that after the Clay Co. vs RedBoiling Springs game 2 players from RBS went into the stands and got into a brawl with the students from Clay Co. This was a knock down drag out, fist fight and it was all started by the RBS players. What a disgrace to RBS as a team and a community. What are you people teaching over there? Heard this happened at Pickett County too but this time it got out of hand with an all out brawl. There has to be suspensions involved for the rest of the year i would imagine. Anyone have any info on this game?

Do you know the names or the numbers of the RBS players that were involved?? :roflol:

it was number 11 and 12 from rbs. kirk and washington. clay won by 25 came ready to play and their student section was painted up black and gold and fired up. got into those rbs players head, the kids from rbs should have been camlmed down before it got to that point. im not sure what was said by the cchs student section but they were never made sit down by the refs so it must have not been anything terrible... as soon as the buzzer sounded those boys walked through the hand shanking line and then charger the crowd. no dount it was a all out brawl! but none of clay countys players were involved they all went straight to the dressing room. it had nothing to do with any of the players from cchs! i have to say it was a wild night in celina!

I have been to lots of games but have never seen anything like this before, yes Clay co. fans were cheering like most student sections do but as a player this is something you have to deal with. I know when we travel to RBS we listen to alot of crap but you dont go to the stands and fight. I hope this is being looked into by tssa. Congrats to both girls and boys you both played some great ball tonight.

As a former player in this district I know Celina has a very vocal crowd . . None louder than their sub-state crowd in 2006 . . I know there were many games I heard the crowd shouting anything they could to try to throw off my game and get in my head . . I know these young men are passionate about the game and emotions can run high at times but to take it to this level is out of the question . . It shows a tremendous lack of discipline by the players and coaches . . I know Rob wouldn't let his players get in it he's a disciplinary coach! This is why Celina always has a great team. . they fear and respect him! I hope these players are punished. . there is no place for that sort of behavior in high school sports! and 66wildcat there are still some pretty rough ones in that crowd i'm sure of it lol!

Edited by back_4_more

does anyone know if these players are being suspended or if any kind of punishment will be handed out?

I think it is out of the hands of TSSAA because it happened after the game was over and the referees had left the court. The discipline/punishment will be the responsibility of Coach Owens.

As a former player in this district I know Celina has a very vocal crowd . . None louder than their sub-state crowd in 2006 . . I know there were many games I heard the crowd shouting anything they could to try to throw off my game and get in my head . . I know these young men are passionate about the game and emotions can run high at times but to take it to this level is out of the question . . It shows a tremendous lack of discipline by the players and coaches . . I know Rob wouldn't let his players get in it he's a disciplinary coach! This is why Celina always has a great team. . they fear and respect him! I hope these players are punished. . there is no place for that sort of behavior in high school sports! and 66wildcat there are still some pretty rough ones in that crowd i'm sure of it lol!

well the two boys were black and there were racial slurrs thrown all night by the student section. the student section was out on the floor saying some crazy stuff doesnt surpise me though thats celina for u. robs players are not always the most discipline bunch either. i remember one of the players got caught on school grounds with drugs and he never missed a game no punishment handed down or anything. but back to the game there should of been officers standing down there because at one point of the game a player from rbs made a good play the boys started callin him racial slurrs that was out of hand notthin would have happened if the clay county principals and the ten police officers who would rather sit down and talk to there 1st and second cousins the whole night would have went down there and stood everybody in the whole gym knew wat was gonna happen and it should been taken care of. the players should not have went over there but at wat point do u say whoaaa thats way over the line?

Edited by bballfanatic1544

According to fans from both places there were racial slurs and at one point the refs called both coaches together and warned their teams because tensions were high even on the floor. After the game #11 who has always been a great kid, Washington and #12 from RBS were victims of the slurs confronted two former Clay co. students and all heck erupted. Number 12 from RBS has problems pretty often and was reprimended in Macon co. tourney and some of the fans said he needed more disipline, but #11 always seem to be a good kid. Both coaches tried to settle everyone down but it took quite a while. RBS I know didn't play well and the score was one sided and resentment of the heckling probably caused this but players and fans have to have more control than this.