Soddy vs Bradley

BustFace101

evidently last home loss was to Cleveland in 1993 ??? and a tie with Hixson in 96 or 97 ..

Mr. Branton,

I wrestled for BC from 96-99. The Hixson tie was before that I...a student body match I think, possibly between 92-94. Not real sure. I remember Coach Logsdon mentioning it before. Maybe in Floyd, Adams, Eslinger era?

Ben Smith

Looks like it was another great match between 2 of the top teams in TN. Of course Bradley vs Soddy is almost always a great match.

A little off topic but it sure seems to me that this is one of the better years from a parity perspective for TN wrestling. I don't believe there is a top 5-6 team (I think there is a big gap after those teams this year) that hasn't lost to another team in that group. Some were early season losses and line-ups have changed, etc. by now but it truly is an interesting season from that perspective. It truly comes down to match-ups, health, and a little bit of luck / momentum.

I agree with you ghouse that parity is the word this year. How does Soddy's win affect the region and state duals?

It doesn't, The winner of Bradley vs Cleveland will go on to Region duals and will face Soddy in the finals there, then they could also face in the finals of state duals.

PRT iii :flower:

It doesn't, The winner of Bradley vs Cleveland will go on to Region duals and will face Soddy in the finals there, then they could also face in the finals of state duals.

I believe they do it by districts (top 2 from each district), Cleveland and WV from R4D7 and SD and Bradley from R4D8... otherwise it would be SD BC Cleveland and Ooltewah (since Oolte beat WV). Region duals seeds should be:

1. SD (already won versus Cleve and BC) versus 4. WV or Ooltewah (lost to Cleve & BC with SD next week)

2/3 Bradley and Cleveland (winner next week gets #2 seed)

They probably also wrestle for true 2nd in the event that (winners) 2 beats 1 and (losers) 3 beats 4 in the second round, or other possible scenarios. 1 versus 3 for the #2 slot for state duals from the region. If 1 beats 2 in the winners there is no true 2nd match because 2 beat 3 in the first round, unless 4 beats 3 and then 2 vs. 4 for "true 2nd".

I believe they do it by districts (top 2 from each district), Cleveland and WV from R4D7 and SD and Bradley from R4D8... otherwise it would be SD BC Cleveland and Ooltewah (since Oolte beat WV). Region duals seeds should be:

1. SD (already won versus Cleve and BC) versus 4. WV or Ooltewah (lost to Cleve & BC with SD next week)

2/3 Bradley and Cleveland (winner next week gets #2 seed)

They probably also wrestle for true 2nd in the event that (winners) 2 beats 1 and (losers) 3 beats 4 in the second round, or other possible scenarios. 1 versus 3 for the #2 slot for state duals from the region. If 1 beats 2 in the winners there is no true 2nd match because 2 beat 3 in the first round, unless 4 beats 3 and then 2 vs. 4 for "true 2nd".

You are correct, I meant to say the winner of Bradley and Cleveland at Region Duals will face Soddy Daisy in the finals of Region Duals. Your post is 100% correct though.

You are correct, I meant to say the winner of Bradley and Cleveland at Region Duals will face Soddy Daisy in the finals of Region Duals. Your post is 100% correct though.

PRTiii, he was not 100% correct. There are no seeds it is district champ vs district runner-ups.

StarRaider, You are close...Region 4 has two districts D7 & D8. Semi's: D7 #1 vs D8 #2; D7 #2 vs. D8 #1

Finals: The two winners then wrestle for the Region 4 championship, with both teams moving on to the state duals.

There are still a couple of matches that need to be wrestled to decide the actual final teams and their positions for the Region 4 Duals.

The Region Duals will be held Thursday Jan. 27th, 6pm at Walker Valley High School.

Edited by sly

It was a great match between what in reality are two very evenly matched teams. This match could go either way on any given night. On this night, Soddy Daisy was the better team. I wish all wrestling fans could have been there, it was the best dual meet I have seen in years. It should make all wrestling fans excited that we will probably get to see this matchup once or maybe twice again this season. If you love good wrestling, do not miss it when it happens again.