Region 6A

Vandychris

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm changing my tune after seeing Mtp's play pick up lately. I think MtP will get revenge on Stown from last year and escape in their home gym to the finals. They're peaking at the right time and playing w/lots of confidence. That's unless they don't guard the 3 well. If they don't help off on Bubba's penetration and stay w/the shooters, they will hurt them. Make Bubba beat them w/drive and jumpshots. Don't think he can do it especially when he's not at 100%. I hope Stown proves me wrong cause I'm pullin for 12A, and have lots of good Eagle friends.

WC definitely has the potential to get past PC, however, it all hinges on whether or not Rice can get everybody involved. If Willard runs a lot of sets instead of just a good solid motion, then WC becomes way too one dimensional and it hurts them. If everybody for WC gets touches on the offensive end and they make PC's defense work (just like WC/Stown game at WC), then they will win this game. just my opinion.....looking forward to 2 great games!

Edited by hooplove

I originally thought it'd be an all 12A final, but I've changed my mind on seeing Mtp's late charge.....

I think MtP will get revenge on Stown from last year and escape in their home gym to the finals. They're peaking at the right time and playing w/lots of confidence. That's unless they don't guard the 3 well. If they don't help off on Bubba's penetration and stay w/the shooters, they will hurt them. Make Bubba beat them w/drive and jumpshots. Don't think he can do it especially when he's not at 100%.

WC definitely has the potential to get past PC, however, it all hinges on whether or not Rice can get everybody involved. If Willard runs a lot of sets instead of just a good solid motion, then WC becomes way too one dimensional and it hurts them. If everybody for WC gets touches on the offensive end and they make PC's defense work (just like WC/Stown game at WC), then they will win this game. just my opinion.....looking forward to 2 great games!

I agree with you hooplove. WC had the lead at the half in the last game with PC and fell apart the last quarter and half. WC and PC were tied starting the 4th quarter in game 1 and WC scored 3 points in the 4th and PC 9. If WC can come out and play anything close to what they did with S'town (at WC)then WC will win. WC has to get away from shooting so many 3 balls and take it inside a lot more. When they drive and shoot they seem to do well like they did against CA. I think Rice was 0 for 15+ against PC (at PC)from 3 land.

Don't get your panties in a wad just because I didn't pick your precious lil Vikings!

I don't worry when people don't pick PC. Most of the time when people pick against PC isn't because they don't think we'll win, but because they dislike our tradition as winners, or because they know we will be a tougher team to beat in the next round. Honestly its almost like a compliment.

I don't worry when people don't pick PC. Most of the time when people pick against PC isn't because they don't think we'll win, but because they dislike our tradition as winners, or because they know we will be a tougher team to beat in the next round. Honestly its almost like a compliment.

Not knocking your traditon...but the 50s was a LONG time ago buddy!!

I agree with you hooplove. WC had the lead at the half in the last game with PC and fell apart the last quarter and half. WC and PC were tied starting the 4th quarter in game 1 and WC scored 3 points in the 4th and PC 9. If WC can come out and play anything close to what they did with S'town (at WC)then WC will win. WC has to get away from shooting so many 3 balls and take it inside a lot more. When they drive and shoot they seem to do well like they did against CA. I think Rice was 0 for 15+ against PC (at PC)from 3 land.

WC is out!! So doesn't really does it!