Region 6 (top 4 to place at regions)

jbutta10

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think 140 is becoming one of the deepest weights in the state, and in this region its showing here too..some names for you to think on.

Michael Gray (Ravenwood)- 1st at GP West

Parker Smith (Centennial)- Awesome run at state last year at 140

Caleb Little (Indy)- Last years region champ

Dylan Wright (Franklin-Transfer from Father Ryan)- This is my guess where he will be come next week.

Ronque Love (MLK)- Already holds a win over Little this year

Thats just 5 names right there at this weight with only 4 going to state, all these kids are good and one isnt going to make the trip to state.

Also, at 160, we have the top two in the state from this region. So, basically, the kids are battling it out for two remaining spots, 3rd and 4th. If 60 is half as deep as 40 it could be a real battle there too.

Edited by WrestlingGod

who do you think will place at region in all weight classes....I know the kids from Antioch in 189,130,125, and 160 who I heard is actually dropping to 152 has been doing well

Seems like an Antioch kid is trying to pump up a few individuals. From what I've seen these are the best of the team. Caldwell @ the 189 is a legit choice to make state. But I heard he left the match after losing to Overton again. Is he still on the team? Greer may have a tough route at 125 and the 160 thats dropping might make it. Why is he dropping, is he scared of 160? Hmmmm. As WG put it, this region is stacked, and getting to state is tough.

Seems like an Antioch kid is trying to pump up a few individuals. From what I've seen these are the best of the team. Caldwell @ the 189 is a legit choice to make state. But I heard he left the match after losing to Overton again. Is he still on the team? Greer may have a tough route at 125 and the 160 thats dropping might make it. Why is he dropping, is he scared of 160? Hmmmm. As WG put it, this region is stacked, and getting to state is tough.

Denzel is still on the team from what I heard, and still wrestling. The 160 kid...Melson.. said he has always wanted to go 152 since the beginning of the season, but started doing well at 160. Greer may not even be at 125, he may go 119 come region. This region is toughn so I'm looking forward to good wrestling come region and state.

Personally, I think 140 is becoming one of the deepest weights in the state, and in this region its showing here too..some names for you to think on.

Michael Gray (Ravenwood)- 1st at GP West

Parker Smith (Centennial)- Awesome run at state last year at 140

Caleb Little (Indy)- Last years region champ

Dylan Wright (Franklin-Transfer from Father Ryan)- This is my guess where he will be come next week.

Ronque Love (MLK)- Already holds a win over Little this year

Thats just 5 names right there at this weight with only 4 going to state, all these kids are good and one isnt going to make the trip to state.

Everybody knows that 140 isn't close to being one of the toughest weight classes. There isn't even a returning state champ at 140. The tougher weights with the best wrestlers are going to be between 119, 125, 130, 145, or 152. It will always be debatable but 140 is not in the mix when it comes to toughness. Those weight classes have plenty of returning champions/state placers. It may be a tough weight class in region 6 but then again its just region 6.

Everybody knows that 140 isn't close to being one of the toughest weight classes. There isn't even a returning state champ at 140. The tougher weights with the best wrestlers are going to be between 119, 125, 130, 145, or 152. It will always be debatable but 140 is not in the mix when it comes to toughness. Those weight classes have plenty of returning champions/state placers. It may be a tough weight class in region 6 but then again its just region 6.

Sometimes I think you need to check your facts before you start runnin your mouth hole. Tyler Pitts from Bradley is a returning state champ wrestling at 140 and hes ranked 4th. People like Aaron Lopez who is a monster and placed last year at 35, Gary Cosey who is a beast and Zach Sharp who placed at 30 make it a tough weight. Then add Fordham from Chatt Cent who beat Sharp and Doss who pinned Pitts and Isbell from Clarksville and its a tough weight. All of these kids at 140 in this region have a legit shot at placing in the state at 140 no doubt, some even to be in the finals. In my opinion a tough weight is when you cannot predict who is going to be in the finals of that weight cause its so deep and 140 without a doubt is deep. And oh yeah, by the way, in case you havent noticed, Region 6 is THE TOUGHEST region in the state behind Region 3 I think (Bradley, Cleveland etc)?

Sometimes I think you need to check your facts before you start runnin your mouth hole. Tyler Pitts from Bradley is a returning state champ wrestling at 140 and hes ranked 4th. People like Aaron Lopez who is a monster and placed last year at 35, Gary Cosey who is a beast and Zach Sharp who placed at 30 make it a tough weight. Then add Fordham from Chatt Cent who beat Sharp and Doss who pinned Pitts and Isbell from Clarksville and its a tough weight. All of these kids at 140 in this region have a legit shot at placing in the state at 140 no doubt, some even to be in the finals. In my opinion a tough weight is when you cannot predict who is going to be in the finals of that weight cause its so deep and 140 without a doubt is deep. And oh yeah, by the way, in case you havent noticed, Region 6 is THE TOUGHEST region in the state behind Region 3 I think (Bradley, Cleveland etc)?

I said returning state champs, so that means from last year. Whatever you want to tell yourself though. No doubt there has to be somebody in the finals but it doesn't make it a tough weight class. My biggest problem now is that you are making region 6 out to be this big scary region but when it comes down to it they just can't compete with the top teams of the other regions. Region 6 may have good competition in itself but when there teams go out of region they just cant deal with a powerhouse (Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy, or maybe Ravenwood. They just need some building and then they can look to be a threat to the top teams in the state.

Edited by randysavage

I said returning state champs, so that means from last year. Whatever you want to tell yourself though. No doubt there has to be somebody in the finals but it doesn't make it a tough weight class. My biggest problem now is that you are making region 6 out to be this big scary region but when it comes down to it they just can't compete with the top teams of the other regions. Region 6 may have good competition in itself but when there teams go out of region they just cant deal with a powerhouse (Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy, or maybe Ravenwood. They just need some building and then they can look to be a threat to the top teams in the state.

Psst... in case you missed it he referenced a returning state champ wrestling this year at 140... from Bradley even... once a champ always a champ... that is all...

Edited by MisstheMat

Region 6 has proven itself this year. For one Indy went to Cleveland duals and lost a nailbiter to McCallie 31-35. Ravenwood IS in Region 6. I know for a fact if you put Franklin, Indy, Ravenwood, or Brentwood up against any of the top teams in the state it would be an interesting match to watch. I mean 3 of the top ten teams in the state (based on the latest coaches poll) are in this region. The only other region in the entire state to do that IS REGION 3, and theyre in the top 5. Im not saying Region 6 is tougher than 3, but I am saying that next to 3 its the toughest in the state. What stats do you have to prove otherwise? There arent any.

Go to the previous years of the state tournament over the past 3 season and count how many medals come out of each region. You will find no other region is close to region 3 with Cleveland, Bradley, Soddy, Ooltewah, Cookville, etc. Then see who is second, it is and will be region 6, Brentwood, Franklin, Indy, Ravenwood, Overton, etc. Region 6 over the past couple of years has been turning it on. They do not have the tradition rich programs like region 3 as Ravenwood and Independence both started programs between 2000 and 2004. Last year alone, 4 out of the 14 state champs were from region 6, 6 out of 14 were from region 3. That means the other 6 regions across the state had 4 champs combined. The pecking order goes Region 3, then region 6, then the rest....

Schrader, Newburg, Cox, both Overton's, Freeman, Garcia, Woods, Gray, Smith, Cannon, Both Bennets, Parker Smith, Cilimburg(maybe, Ben Smith, Hamilton, Higdon, Churchill, Little, Greer, Caldwell, Mabry, Carpenter, Hawthorne, Chadwick, Baldree, Rockholt. thats 28 very talented wrestlers either ranked or on others to watch. if you ask me thats a pretty stacked region. 130's got 4 on there, 140 has 4 as well (including MLK kid). all these kids are gonna bust there #### to get to state. its going to be an exciting tournament!(and yeah other than region 3 i dont see any other region that looks like this!)