Region 1 Duals

ArtusCimber

The match with Jefferson Co. did not include several varisty matches that would have took place in a normal dual match. There was many JV kids thrown in and some forfeits which made the score not realistic. Both teams had a few kids banged up from previous matches and rested in spots when possible.

103 Hudgins (Hill) over Molinar (Jeff) Fall 2:42

112 Sutherland (Hill) over Wilmouth (Jeff) Fall 1:27

119 M.Vaughn (Hill) over Shannon (Jeff) Fall 1:59

125 Bagley (Hill) over Jones (Jeff) Fall 4:44

130 Schurlknight (Hill) over Posey (Jeff) Fall :43

135 Damman (Hill) over Evon (Jeff) Dec 17-15

140 Vaughan (Hill)over Greer (Jeff) Fall 1:29

145 Stroud (Hill) over Webb (Jeff) Fall :40

152 Riley (Hill) over Churchman (Jeff) Fall 4:42

160 Johnson (Jeff) over Fullbright (Hill) Dec 10-6

171 Bradley (Jeff) Forfeit

189 Lowery (Hill) over Carter (Jeff) Fall 1:32

215 Lyon (Hill) Forfeit

285 Brittain (Hill) Forfeit

Hill 69

Jeff 9

The match with Jefferson Co. did not include several varisty matches that would have took place in a normal dual match. There was many JV kids thrown in and some forfeits which made the score not realistic. Both teams had a few kids banged up from previous matches and rested in spots when possible.

103 Hudgins (Hill) over Molinar (Jeff) Fall 2:42

112 Sutherland (Hill) over Wilmouth (Jeff) Fall 1:27

119 M.Vaughn (Hill) over Shannon (Jeff) Fall 1:59

125 Bagley (Hill) over Jones (Jeff) Fall 4:44

130 Schurlknight (Hill) over Posey (Jeff) Fall :43

135 Damman (Hill) over Evon (Jeff) Dec 17-15

140 Vaughan (Hill)over Greer (Jeff) Fall 1:29

145 Stroud (Hill) over Webb (Jeff) Fall :40

152 Riley (Hill) over Churchman (Jeff) Fall 4:42

160 Johnson (Jeff) over Fullbright (Hill) Dec 10-6

171 Bradley (Jeff) Forfeit

189 Lowery (Hill) over Carter (Jeff) Fall 1:32

215 Lyon (Hill) Forfeit

285 Brittain (Hill) Forfeit

Hill 69

Jeff 9

I think what matcat is trying to say in a nice/respectful way was this..............if SH and JC lined up in a normal dual match, and each team wrestled their starters, the final score would be SH 78 JC 3 (without a doubt). It could possibly be 81-0 (because Fulbright for SH at 160 gave the JC kid a tough match).

You can sugar coat this all you want, but there is no one in region 1 even close to SH.

I think what matcat is trying to say in a nice/respectful way was this..............if SH and JC lined up in a normal dual match, and each team wrestled their starters, the final score would be SH 78 JC 3 (without a doubt). It could possibly be 81-0 (because Fulbright for SH at 160 gave the JC kid a tough match).

You can sugar coat this all you want, but there is no one in region 1 even close to SH.

Now I would bet it would not be a 81-0. May still be a blow out score but not to the predictions that you have projected.

Now I would bet it would not be a 81-0. May still be a blow out score but not to the predictions that you have projected.

It really doesn't matter at this point. I know I'll be a big Jeff County fan down at the state duals. I've always been proud of how the Region 1 teams support each other at the state duals and individual championships. SH and JC should represent well. I thought JC had a good group of young men who represent a great sport in the proper manner.