Cannon VS Upperman Part 2

fanbb

where to start:

FIRST AND FOREMOST: Great game by CCHS. They had to play their tails off to hold of a very good comback attempt by the Bees. Both teams battled. Great effort on both sides, one team made more shots and won. Congrats to Cannon Co on an hard earned win. Very good job.

Second: Taking nothing away from the CCHS win. That was not the best effort by the officials. PART OF THE GAME, SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO PLAY OVER THAT STUFF. But not the greatest officiating last night. Couple quick notes on this subject: The MrCoachMcWilliams Technical was a crap call. I dont care what happened with the coach on the other end. Doesnt matter to me what he was doing. Bobby didnt do enough to warrant a T. ALSO, when a ref blows the whistle, and then asks the ref on the other end what the call should be. . . . thats not a good call. Great to communicate, but that ref had no idea what was happening all night. The game was too fast for that ref. Could not handle it.

EDIT: just because the number of calls each way were equal, does not mean it was a well officiated game. Just means that the numbers were equal both ways. Says nothing to the quality of officiating.

Third: Sending security up to silence a fan was a bush league move by the refs. If you cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I was sitting right behind ol "D-up" and he said NOTHING out of line all game. He was on the refs, but they get paid well. It is part of the game. Just as "bad calls" are part of the game that the kids have to play over, the fans are part of the game that the refs need to just deal with. Do you job right and the fans will never notice you. And, in the words if ol D-Up himself, "If you dont want to stink, DON'T STINK" If someone had made threats, or personal attacks on the refs, that would have been a different story. The only thing coming from that section of the stands were cheering for the Home team, and getting on the refs for their work "professionally" never anything personal. I was there the whole night. It was all clean.

Lastly: Unfortunately, UHS boys just fell to 1-1 when my kid sings the National Anthem. sigh.

BOTTOM LINE: Great showing by the CCHS team and fans. Im certain there will be a rematch down the road, and Im also certain it will be a good one!! Good luck the rest of the way to both teams.

I agree with most of what you are saying. I did not see anything that warrant the T from the coach.I was watching D-up and all he was doing was enjoying a good BB game just as the Cannon County fans were. I think D-up was getting on Coach Rigsby pretty good but I can assure everyone Coach Rigsby can handle it. Cannon County are playing their best ball since coming back from Flordia and at the best time. Any time you can win a road game espcally at Upperman you have done something. Cannon County played good defence kept turnovers down and I don't think their is a team in the district that can out run us. Bad Ref's are something that you have got to play around. I also think we are going to knock off another Upper Cumberland team Monday nite. Hats off to Cannon County and Upperman for another nite of great Basketball!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of what you are saying. I did not see anything that warrant the T from the coach.I was watching D-up and all he was doing was enjoying a good BB game just as the Cannon County fans were. I think D-up was getting on Coach Rigsby pretty good but I can assure everyone Coach Rigsby can handle it. Cannon County are playing their best ball since coming back from Flordia and at the best time. Any time you can win a road game espcally at Upperman you have done something. Cannon County played good defence kept turnovers down and I don't think their is a team in the district that can out run us. Bad Ref's are something that you have got to play around. I also think we are going to knock off another Upper Cumberland team Monday nite. Hats off to Cannon County and Upperman for another nite of great Basketball!

JUST BRING IT!!!!!! Long ride home :arrow:

I have been eating Rabbit stew that have escaped from the Ranch for the last two days I am getting tired of that. I will stop at Mcdonalds on the way home. We will have to see what happens.

:roflol: All fun and games till LA shoots your eye out kid! This should be a good one, if me, Rabbit, mountaindew,and bigdaddy can get the rest of LA faithfull on board, crowd should be rocking!

I have been eating Rabbit stew that have escaped from the Ranch for the last two days I am getting tired of that. I will stop at Mcdonalds on the way home. We will have to see what happens.

Might be a good idea to stop at McDonalds prior to the game. You might just be too sick to eat much afterwards. However way you do it, just make sure to save a little room for the crow. :roflol:

Im with you. Very good job by both team. Someone had to lose. Good luck to all. I really enjoy watching all of these kids play.

(I got the full scoop on the MrCoachMcWilliams T. It is laughable now. But that is because it is done and doesnt matter anymore.

Catch yall farther down the line, and we'll see how the next one plays out!!

Im with you. Very good job by both team. Someone had to lose. Good luck to all. I really enjoy watching all of these kids play.

(I got the full scoop on the MrCoachMcWilliams T. It is laughable now. But that is because it is done and doesnt matter anymore.

Catch yall farther down the line, and we'll see how the next one plays out!!

where is King21 and all of that "greatest coach in district 8-AA" talk. Anyone notice how he's been a ghost after the season began? Good luck to all including LA any night after tomorrow. I'm w/ you, watching these kids compete or listening on the radio, is very enjoyable!

Might be a good idea to stop at McDonalds prior to the game. You might just be too sick to eat much afterwards. However way you do it, just make sure to save a little room for the crow. :roflol:

I might have to eat crow but again like I said we will have to see what happens. I feel very good about this one. Been eating to many Rabbits the police want to know what I am going to do with all this Rabbit Fur in the parking lot. :hungry:

where is King21 and all of that "greatest coach in district 8-AA" talk. Anyone notice how he's been a ghost after the season began? Good luck to all including LA any night after tomorrow. I'm w/ you, watching these kids compete or listening on the radio, is very enjoyable!

King21 has taken on more responsibilities. He's now on his best behavior. :rolleyes: Good luck to your team also except for the two you have with HOGEYE. :thumb:

Edited by rabbitranch