Posted by swamp:

How 'bout the Anaheim Angels and the Rally Monkeys knocking off the defending AL champs! Way to go, Mike Scioscia (who should be managing my Dodgers instead of Disney's team...)

Jim Tracy did a good job with the Dodgers this year. They just weren't quite as good as a lot of people thought they were. The offense is thin, the pitching is a little overrated because Dodger Stadium depresses run scoring.

Posted by Opperman:
Posted by swamp:

How 'bout the Anaheim Angels and the Rally Monkeys knocking off the defending AL champs! Way to go, Mike Scioscia (who should be managing my Dodgers instead of Disney's team...)

Jim Tracy did a good job with the Dodgers this year. They just weren't quite as good as a lot of people thought they were. The offense is thin, the pitching is a little overrated because Dodger Stadium depresses run scoring.

The Dodgers have been almost as poorly run as the Cubs for the last decade! Keep Jose Offerman and deal J. Guzman?! Piazza for Charles Johnson?! Mondesi for Green??? :confused:

Posted by swamp:
Posted by Opperman:
Posted by swamp:

The Dodgers have been almost as poorly run as the Cubs for the last decade! Keep Jose Offerman and deal J. Guzman?! Piazza for Charles Johnson?! Mondesi for Green??? :confused:

Mondesi for Green in my opinion isn't that bad. The rest of those are bad deals however.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonds and the Giants were overrated and lucky. I'm mad because my Cardinals didn't win the world series but behind them you couldn't find a team with as many nice guys as the Angels have. They are a class act and it shows that nice guys don't always finish last. I love the rally monkey, I stole thier idea. When we need our crowd pumped up at a football game I find a rally towel and start waving it in the air and it usually works. Well maybe my Cards will have better luck next year. Now it's the Rams turn.

What do you have against Bonds? From what I've seen, the media portrays him negatively because he doesn't really like them, but how many teammates have complained about him publicly?

And on a related note, I think the portrayal of Jeff Kent is the opposite of how he is, too...they try to portray him as the ultimate team player, yadda yadda yadda, when he really isn't. Where's the criticism of him for violating the no-motorcycle clause of his contract and saying "I was washing my truck" to try to cover his rear. If it was Bonds, they'd never shut up talking about what a jerk he is. Bonds is simply the best player to play baseball in the past 40 years, and he knows it.

O.K. I don't hate Barry. Yes, he is the best player in baseball and he knows and he makes sure that everybody else knows it which is why I don't particularly like him. Jeff Kent is probably a jerk also but he plays hard and doesn't have Bond's arrogance.

Now, I am more depressed because that jerk Sabean thinks he is more important than Dusty Baker. Things are not looking good for my Giants.

Honestly, I think Bonds does play hard, he just doesn't show false intensity. When you can't get to a ball and you know it, what's the point of sprinting to make it look like you had a chance? When you hit a sharp grounder to the shortstop, why run it out at full strength (at the major league level...at lower levels, you should)? If they miss the throw, you'll make it to first jogging, and you wouldn't have made it to second. Why risk injury trying to lunge for a play when you're out 99.9 percent of the time at the major league level and it requires someone who makes mistakes about two or three percent of the time to make one? He conserves his energy while playing hard...that's one thing I always did playing basketball, and it probably got on my coaches' nerves occasionally. I played center most of the time I played, and if we got a fast break, I wasn't going to sprint down the court to be the fourth or fifth guy on what was already a breakaway. It's better to be back in defensive position in that case than to "play hard" and be down the court for no real reason.

Back to Bonds, when you've hit 600 homers and you know you just hit one halfway to Tokyo, why sprint down the line, why not enjoy it? Why is everybody but Bonds allowed to watch where it lands?

Anybody who dislikes Barry Bonds is my buddy so Bighurt your my buddy. I'm also assuming that you like the Bighurt who has always been one of my favorite players. Barry Bonds isn't the best player ever, he's not even close. He has had 2 good years back to back. If everybody remembers when Big Mac had his 2 or 3 good years back to back everybody wanted to say that he was the best player ever. I love McGuire to death, he is my hero, but he isn't the best player ever. Barry Bonds is arrogant and cocky. In other words he's a butthole. He puts this act on when he talks to the media to make it sound like he's a nice guy, but he isn't. He had no right to attack Jeff Kent in the dugout and he's lucky Jeff's a nice guy or he would of got whooped. He doesn't hustle on the field, I don't care if you can or can't get a ball you go as hard as you can. You run out every hit, you never know if the defense will mess up. Bonds isn't a team player, he tries to act like one but to him it's all about I.