9-AAA

BallparkHotdog

Lebanon? lol. Hendersonville handled them last week, so you cant really say they would be the best in the northern division.. But lets face it, the entire district is pretty much even. i wouldnt bet on any of these teams beating the other. Theyre all about the same. The only team i dont think is as good as the others is Portland. So its anyones district for the taking, really.

you haven't been paying attention to the district. Lebanon has beat MJ, Portland has beat WC, then WC swept Lebanon and SC. Portland has also lost four games by 1 run, including H'ville. So I think they are considered as good as H'ville, Beech, and Gallatin. However, you can't argue that the Southern division is not better than Northern division. Are you?

you haven't been paying attention to the district. Lebanon has beat MJ, Portland has beat WC, then WC swept Lebanon and SC. Portland has also lost four games by 1 run, including H'ville. So I think they are considered as good as H'ville, Beech, and Gallatin. However, you can't argue that the Southern division is not better than Northern division. Are you?

The South division may be better, but that will change from year to year. So that doesnt really matter. Im just saying pretty much everyone in the district seems to be at the same level.

your right about the wins, but I thought the conference was down this year? so does this mean that Farragut and Riverdale is down too? i guess the whole state is down this year since certain programs are not winning. Wrong, its just that MJ beats two quality non conference teams, but loses a few in conference to quality teams. I don't think 9AAA conference is down! I would like to know the out of conference W-L for all the 9AAA teams?

Yes, the whole state is down. Put this year's most talented team up against the best team from 03-09 and they'd get run-ruled. The golden era of TN high school baseball has passed. Sure, you still have your individual studs on some teams like Norris, Pfeifer, Connell, Delmonico, etc. But there aren't those teams who are stacked from top to bottom i.e. Farragut, Bartlett, Collierville, DB, Riverdale, Oakland, Bearden, etc used to be year after year.

I would say 03-09 were the best years in TN high school baseball EVER. During those years, you could be in your 4th game of a tournament and face guys signed to college throwing mid 80's. Now, you play your fourth game with freshman pitchers who normally play JV. Heck, during 03-09 teams looked more like college teams than high school.

Sad, but true.

Edited by FARRAGUTADGRAD

Yes, the whole state is down. Put this year's most talented team up against the best team from 03-09 and they'd get run-ruled. The golden era of TN high school baseball has passed. Sure, you still have your individual studs on some teams like Norris, Pfeifer, Connell, Delmonico, etc. But there aren't those teams who are stacked from top to bottom i.e. Farragut, Bartlett, Collierville, DB, Riverdale, Oakland, Bearden, etc used to be year after year.

I would say 03-09 were the best years in TN high school baseball EVER. During those years, you could be in your 4th game of a tournament and face guys signed to college throwing mid 80's. Now, you play your fourth game with freshman pitchers who normally play JV. Heck, during 03-09 teams looked more like college teams than high school.

Sad, but true.

I'm sure the kids were much better when you or your son played during the era your bragging about. However, I haven't seen any freshman pitching games in 9AAA this year, either.

I'm sure the kids were much better when you or your son played during the era your bragging about. However, I haven't seen any freshman pitching games in 9AAA this year, either.

If you read, I said tournament games. Not district. And get real, if you think teams now compare at all to teams in those years you're crazy. Tell me, do we have any teams like Bartlett's 07? Farragut's 03-04? South Doyle's 07? Oakland's 03? DB 06? Farragut's 08-09? Collierville 06? Bearden 08? No. Those teams were FULL of talent. This year, you're lucky to find 4-5 kids who are going to play college ball. Simple observation.