District 10 A-AA

flip

Can I just say, regardless of the content, I think it's great that this District is actually being talked about. There's a lot of talent and a lot of good competition. It just usually gets overshadowed by the other half of the region. Speaking of which, haven't seen or heard much about the Metro Monster that is District 9. Does that mean 10 stands a chance this year? It's been a while since one of our small, country schools did anything past districts. When WH-Heritage went to state a few years back, it was a lot of fun to watch.

As far as the District tournament goes...Any team is going to have trouble with CA and Harpeth. They basically have the West #1 and #2 locked up and their game on the 27th is gonna be a big one. The East is a log jam and every game usually means a lot of movement in the standings. Don't know a lot about the teams, but the ones we've played have all been physically tough and that can get you somewhere in the postseason.

Later that evening...

Okay, looked it up. Here's how District 9 looks right now. Have to figure CPA is gonna win a lot of their final games. Maybe someone who knows more will venture in and give us some insight.

MLK 3-1-1

Lipscomb 3-1-0

Goodpasture 2-2-2

Hume-Fogg 2-2-1

Stratford 2-0-2

CPA 2-0-0

Maplewood 0-3-0

East Lit 0-3-0

Tuesday April 19 Harpeth 2 Merrol Hyde 3 Great game. Hard fought but well played.

Updated district standings as of 4/23...District 10 A/AA

Upcoming games this week...

4/25

Macon County @ Merrol Hyde 7:00

4/26

Cheatham County @ MCHS 6:00

East Robertson @ Harpeth 6:00

White House @ Greenbrier 7:00

4/27

Harpeth @ Clarksville Academy 4:30

4/28

Harpeth @ Cheatham County 6:30

Creek Wood @ Sycamore 6:30

Waverly @ Montgomery Central 6:00

4/29

East Robertson @ White House 7:00

Updated district standings as of 4/23...District 10 A/AA

Upcoming games this week...

4/25

Macon County @ Merrol Hyde 7:00

4/26

Cheatham County @ MCHS 6:00

East Robertson @ Harpeth 6:00

White House @ Greenbrier 7:00

4/27

Harpeth @ Clarksville Academy 4:30

4/28

Harpeth @ Cheatham County 6:30

Creek Wood @ Sycamore 6:30

Waverly @ Montgomery Central 6:00

4/29

East Robertson @ White House 7:00

At this time, the White House @ Greenbrier game is on! 7PM

I'm looking for a tough, hard fought game. One mistake might be the difference. Weather, field conditions can play a factor in a game like this.

If the game get to half time and they have to stop for weather, can it be considered a full game?

One half does equal a full game. You just hope this doesn't happen in a game that means so much. The difference between a 1 and 2 seed can mean a lot in the tourney.

MCHS vs. Cheatham has been rescheduled for Saturday at 10am. All district games are supposed to be completed by the end of the week to ensure enough time to put the tournament together. Maybe Mother Nature will let that happen...

One half does equal a full game. You just hope this doesn't happen in a game that means so much. The difference between a 1 and 2 seed can mean a lot in the tourney.

MCHS vs. Cheatham has been rescheduled for Saturday at 10am. All district games are supposed to be completed by the end of the week to ensure enough time to put the tournament together. Maybe Mother Nature will let that happen...

CA vs Harpeth (the game that decides #1 and #2 seeds in the west) is scheduled but unlikely to be played tomorrow, 5:00 at CA. Because of Harpeths game w Cheatham and both schools having a prom this weekend the make up date will be Sunday night at CA.

If Mother Nature persists and both schools are unable to fulfill the fixture due to flooded fields then what would happen? Given the possibility of a Harpeth victory over Cheatham (if it's played) then both teams would be tied at 5 and 0 with CA having a GD of +12 and Harpeth a maximum GD of +11....

Hopefully for Coach Sonnabend and Coach Prestwich they get to settle it on the field. There is a lot of mutual respect between the two programs and I know the CA Boys want to play the game and test themselves.

Thoughts?

At this time, the White House @ Greenbrier game is on! 7PM

I'm looking for a tough, hard fought game. One mistake might be the difference. Weather, field conditions can play a factor in a game like this.

If the game get to half time and they have to stop for weather, can it be considered a full game?

White House wins 4-1. They will have the #1 seed in the East. Greenbrier will be #2. They gave up some valuable points with those two recent ties. Anybody know anything about WH-Heritage??? They have 4 ties...haven't lost a Division game yet!!!

CA vs Harpeth (the game that decides #1 and #2 seeds in the west) is scheduled but unlikely to be played tomorrow, 5:00 at CA. Because of Harpeths game w Cheatham and both schools having a prom this weekend the make up date will be Sunday night at CA.

If Mother Nature persists and both schools are unable to fulfill the fixture due to flooded fields then what would happen? Given the possibility of a Harpeth victory over Cheatham (if it's played) then both teams would be tied at 5 and 0 with CA having a GD of +12 and Harpeth a maximum GD of +11....

Hopefully for Coach Sonnabend and Coach Prestwich they get to settle it on the field. There is a lot of mutual respect between the two programs and I know the CA Boys want to play the game and test themselves.

Thoughts?

Well there is actually another scenario that could play out...although its very, very, very unlikely. If Cheatham County beats Harpeth and then beats Montgomery Central on Saturday, they also will have 5 wins and 15 points. This will effectively knock Harpeth out of the top 2 seeds.

If Harpeth and CA don't play for some reason...according to the District By-Laws both teams would be deducted one point. This would knock CA down to 14 points meaning Cheatham would actually win the Division!! Can we just pray this doesn't happen because I can't imagine the reactions.

The coaches agreed to have all District games completed this weekend, so they could have all of next week to get the tournament ready. But the regular season doesn't officially end until next weekend. Meaning...even if they can't play this weekend, they have five more days next week. I'm sure the coaches won't mind to wait a little longer to get the seeds finalized. There's plenty of time to get games in if Mother Nature decides she isn't a big soccer fan.

Edited by mchsgoal21

White House wins 4-1. They will have the #1 seed in the East. Greenbrier will be #2. They gave up some valuable points with those two recent ties. Anybody know anything about WH-Heritage??? They have 4 ties...haven't lost a Division game yet!!!

Well there is actually another scenario that could play out...although its very, very, very unlikely. If Cheatham County beats Harpeth and then beats Montgomery Central on Saturday, they also will have 5 wins and 15 points. This will effectively knock Harpeth out of the top 2 seeds.

If Harpeth and CA don't play for some reason...according to the District By-Laws both teams would be deducted one point. This would knock CA down to 14 points meaning Cheatham would actually win the Division!! Can we just pray this doesn't happen because I can't imagine the reactions.

The coaches agreed to have all District games completed this weekend, so they could have all of next week to get the tournament ready. But the regular season doesn't officially end until next weekend. There's plenty of time to get games in if Mother Nature decides she isn't a big soccer fan.

[/quote

Edited by pride8

The coaches agreed to have all District games completed this weekend, so they could have all of next week to get the tournament ready. But the regular season doesn't officially end until next weekend. There's plenty of time to get games in if Mother Nature decides she isn't a big soccer fan.

If CCCHS gets first in the east just because people need a whole week to twittle their thumbs, then I'm giving up on humanity.

Breathe easy. 2 weeks left in the regular season. These games will get played. But it's still fun to dream up crazy scenarios...

You seem to have seen most of the teams over the course of the last few seasons. So who do you think is going to the Final then? A lot will depend on the seeding coming out of the East, and I'm sure home field advantage will prove a factor with White House too, give them an extra incentive.

From what I've seen CA and Harpeth play the best soccer in the district, but both occasionally struggle with physical teams. GB are extremely physical, punching above their weight quite literally. White House have some great young players and Heritage are always tough.

Any predictions? Any wild cards?