District 10 A-AA

flip

That's definitely a little bit more than "pulling one out."

Did anybody go to this game?!?! Greenbrier seemed to be in a slump. But looks like the loss to Cheatham did a little more to Harpeth's confidence.

Semi Final Schedule

5:00 CA vs Greenbrier

7:00 Heritage vs Whitehouse

Both games have the potential to be a little feisty, considering one ended in a fight and three red cards last time out and the other is a local derby... Result of the night has to be the GB win over Harpeth... At this stage anyone could be there on Friday.

Here's an interesting one... Who do we all think have been the BEST and most impressive players around the district this season...?

Thoughts...?

Greenbrier seemed to have played their best game last night. They moved the ball well and got everyone into the mix. I see this team going as far as they want to.

'As far as they want to...' from a district standpoint perhaps, they are obviously one of the top four or five teams, but put them and their crude game up against an Alphabet School from Nashville, CPA, MLK, etc and the gulf in class becomes ENORMOUS!!

I saw our CA team play in Regionals this past two years, and the first year in particular (against CPA) the quality of play from District 9 was superb. They are loaded with club travel players and have rosters 18 or 22 DEEP. CA lost in overtime 3:1 with a team that was in many ways much more loaded than this years. In addition last year, the CA team that dominated our district couldn't get by MLK despite leading three times in regulation and then overtime. MLK went on to hit 8 immaculate pks and win the game in a shootout

Without antagonizing the game tomorrow night too much more, it's apparent that GB are a 'streak team', dominating some games and getting beat usually in the ones that matter. Don't get me wrong, CA have always struggled to play a good game against them (yet have yet to lose in Sonnabends era) and would have preferred a game against Harpeth who play a similar game to us, but to suggest the brutish practicality of GB will take them deep into the post season is ridiculous. CPA playing at home at Trevecca would put 10 goals past you if they so desired. Davey Taffe would abuse that flat back line of yours.

That said I feel GB are the form favorites going into tomorrow night. In addition they have nothing to lose (as they are expected to lose again) and CA is going to be fielding a 'shadow' team, mainly JV players - tomorrow sees five seniors missing because of academic awards banquets and the standout central midfielder broke his leg last night and is obviously unavailable. CA will be fielding 9 freshman starters :(

I expect Greenbrier to bully their way to a narrow victory and proclaim themselves State Champions in waiting, showing a level of education that matches their playing style :-b

Go Cougars.

'As far as they want to...' from a district standpoint perhaps, they are obviously one of the top four or five teams, but put them and their crude game up against an Alphabet School from Nashville, CPA, MLK, etc and the gulf in class becomes ENORMOUS!!

I saw our CA team play in Regionals this past two years, and the first year in particular (against CPA) the quality of play from District 9 was superb. They are loaded with club travel players and have rosters 18 or 22 DEEP. CA lost in overtime 3:1 with a team that was in many ways much more loaded than this years. In addition last year, the CA team that dominated our district couldn't get by MLK despite leading three times in regulation and then overtime. MLK went on to hit 8 immaculate pks and win the game in a shootout

Without antagonizing the game tomorrow night too much more, it's apparent that GB are a 'streak team', dominating some games and getting beat usually in the ones that matter. Don't get me wrong, CA have always struggled to play a good game against them (yet have yet to lose in Sonnabends era) and would have preferred a game against Harpeth who play a similar game to us, but to suggest the brutish practicality of GB will take them deep into the post season is ridiculous. CPA playing at home at Trevecca would put 10 goals past you if they so desired. Davey Taffe would abuse that flat back line of yours.

That said I feel GB are the form favorites going into tomorrow night. In addition they have nothing to lose (as they are expected to lose again) and CA is going to be fielding a 'shadow' team, mainly JV players - tomorrow sees five seniors missing because of academic awards banquets and the standout central midfielder broke his leg last night and is obviously unavailable. CA will be fielding 9 freshman starters :(

I expect Greenbrier to bully their way to a narrow victory and proclaim themselves State Champions in waiting, showing a level of education that matches their playing style :-b

Go Cougars.

Hard to believe anything that was stated in bold i'll have to see for myself :ugeek:

Edited by rangerbob11

Go Cougars.

Go Cougars.

I had no idea anyone on your team was injured last night. One of our players went out in the first few minutes with a pulled hip from our defense but I did not recall seeing anyone on CA injured. Sorry to hear that. Missing the last games of the season are tough for a kid who loves the game.

We have a very young team ourselves. I feel your pain starting so many freshmen. We do lose 5 seniors this year but only 3 are starters. Our nucleus has been sophomores and freshmen. We're growing and learning.

Great game last night. Our guys played hard but came up short.

Congrats on the win and sorry to hear your central mid has a broken leg.

Good luck in the rest of the tournament. Hope to see some more games myself.

Broke their leg?!?! Colin or Hunter? Did they play with it broken because I don't remember seeing that either...

I hate the scheduling conflicts and wish CA would have paid attention to it a little more. Isn't baseball in the middle of their district tournament as well (and hosting)? A full strength CA beats Greenbrier but one thats depleted could go either way.

And, I'd have to agree about "going all the way." Looking at the results, District 9 is probably gonna have a play day with District 10 but, then again, that's why they play the game. And for those interested, CPA and Lipscomb play tomorrow for the title.

I will second that. This was the same team/players MHMS played Tuesday night. Pretty good game except for the early mistakes by Greenbrier. Ended up kind of like I thought as I expected Greenbrier to win just based on the games we had played against the 2 teams.

White House vs White House Heritage wasn't very close at all. Left with about 10 minutes to go and WH was up 4 - 0 over Heritage.

I expect a good game tonight between WH and Greenbrier. I have to go with White House. A primarily young team but loaded with talent, especially the freshmen.