What 14U teams want to qualify for Midland, TX

Fury96

2 teams for ASA Nationals? Are you kidding? Won't be much of a qualifier. Surely there are some other teams that want to go. If thats the case I guess the Eagles can take the Hendersonville qualifier and we will take the one in Chattanooga the next week. Not driving to Hendersonville for a two team qualifier!

• 3 weeks later...

The only problem is that the 14U Nationals will be at 40 feet, where as most girls will have pitched and hit at 43feet since Fall of 2010 to the end of High School 2011.( referencing Tn) Once the high school season ends in Tn the 14u will play for two months @ 40ft go to Nationals and then move up to 16u at 43ft. Many coaches are torn in between due to the jumping back and forth. I hate to rob the girls at chance at Nationals and that experience but at that same time I feel like it is important to stay focused on preparing these girls for the future in High School and college as well, just my thoughts. I know in Ga they play a fall schedule so those girls would have the luxury of being at 40ft from Jan to August and not have to jump back and forth. Good Luck to all that are trying to qualify and those that have. Represent Tn well!

It's three feet, its not like we are trying to swim the Atlantic. Sure it can mess with the hitters timing a little but it is a non issue for pitchers. We moved back and forth last year as 7th and 8th graders with no problem. We have more Tennessee kids than Georgia kids, only three from Georgia and have several that will play deep into the state playoffs so we will probably show up in Hendersonville with no experience from 40 feet this year. That argument just doesnt hold water. We should have plenty of time to whip these 8th and 9th graders into playing shape for college. Guess the Eagles and Fury should take our uncontested berth to Nationals and go quietly. Just amazing that no one wants to represent Tennessee in the greatest softball event there is.

My gosh at all the smack talk already going on about Nationals. First of all, I'm quite sure there are going to be more teams than the Fury 96 and Tennessee Eagles. Don't you ever get tired of bragging? Seriously. I believe everyone has got their fill of Fury and for you people to continue to shove it in everyone's face on a regular basis, it's really getting old. Why don't you just run a big write up in the News Free Press every weekend so you can drool over all your accomplishments on a weekly basis. Remember, this is about the girls not the coaches. Yes, we all know that you have the Best. Yes, we know how many Nationals you've been too. Yes, we know everything because you make sure to lay it all out there for everyone too see. OK, Fury crowd, I'm sure you all will respond to this one...you always do. Btw, don't forget Fury is #1!

sportsmonster, don't see where anyone was bragging. Simply trying to get teams to play ASA. You are welcome to quote me where i said my team or Fury was the best. I have no need to brag as you say our record speaks for itself. I would simply like Tennessee to be represented in Texas. Go crawl back in your hole

I went back into my hole Fury 96 and it was cold and dark. Thought I would emerge and just remind you not to count your chicks before they hatch. Oh! I'm sure that Fury 96 will get one of the births. There will be teams to show up at the qualifiers and rest assure it won't be a cake walk this year. There are other teams out here that have plans to go to Midland, TX and represent Tennessee. The entire softball world is not turning BLUE. See you in Hendersonville if you decide to come.