3. Liberty Magnet 17-1 132 4

4. Obion County 21-3 115 5

5. Livingston Academy (1) 20-3 109 6

6. Upperman 17-4 94 8

7. Dyersburg 18-4 66 9

8. Cannon County 18-4 53 3

9. Polk County 13-4 25 7

10. Macon County 15-2 17 10

The most recent AP polls are out and here are the standings for this week. The same 10 teams as last week, but positions have changed for some.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch our for Liberty Tech out of West TN this year. They seem to be the team to beat from the West with wins over Gibson Co., Obion Co., and Bolivar. They are lead by a 6'3 Memphis commit in Ann Jones who is very good. They also have very solid guard play around her as well. I could see this team slipping into the state tournaments and winning it. They're athletic and good.

LA dominated Cannon having them down 30 for much of the game before finishing with a 20 point win. I think the top team from 8AA should at least be in the top 3, considering the current 3rd place team from 8AA(Cannon) beat #2 MC!

Okay, I can buy your logic. While I realize CC beat MC, it sounds like CC is struggling right now and would likely get pummelled in a rematch with MC.

Okay, I can buy your logic. While I realize CC beat MC, it sounds like CC is struggling right now and would likely get pummelled in a rematch with MC.

I agree Cannon may be struggling some but dont take away the effort LA gave plus they play in a tough tough district. Its the type of district where you have to be ready every single game or.....well you know. However, Cannon County has the ability to bring it the very next game and doesnt give MC the automatic pummelling to CC the next go around should there be one.

Edited by BigDaddy_1

Watch our for Liberty Tech out of West TN this year. They seem to be the team to beat from the West with wins over Gibson Co., Obion Co., and Bolivar. They are lead by a 6'3 Memphis commit in Ann Jones who is very good. They also have very solid guard play around her as well. I could see this team slipping into the state tournaments and winning it. They're athletic and good.

Hold on there GC- a bit of a correction- Liberty has scored wins over GC, Bolivar and I think they defeated Westview as well, but NOT Obion Co. They are scheduled to play on Saturday Feb.5th at the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic at Obion Central. Should be an interesting matchup and a tough test for the young Lady Rebels. Should be a fun day of hoops with 4 boys and 4 girls games beginning at 10AM that morning. Schools involved will the Dyer co. girls, Munford , Southside out of Jackson, Both Dyersburg teams will be involved as well as the Lady Trojans will play Bolivar that afternoon. The evening's final game has the OC Lady Rebels playing Liberty around 8:30 or so following the OC boys game vs. Hickman County Kentucky. :rolleyes:

With the postponment of the OC/GC game and moved to next Monday, the 31st, Obion Central will play four games next week which includes 3 district games and then hosting the #3 ranked team in the state at the end of the week on Saturday..

Getcha POPCORN Ready!! :popcorneater:

LA dominated Cannon having them down 30 for much of the game before finishing with a 20 point win. I think the top team from 8AA should at least be in the top 3, considering the current 3rd place team from 8AA(Cannon) beat #2 MC!

Kodger its obvious theres an issue you have with MC. While Cannon did beat then 2 months ago...MC did beat LA in a preseason scrimmage. If we want to start going back to the beginning of the season we will. Maybe it was just a scrimmage but I will tell you on that one Saturday MC matched up well against LA so calm down and let the region and substate play out.

Kodger its obvious theres an issue you have with MC. While Cannon did beat then 2 months ago...MC did beat LA in a preseason scrimmage. If we want to start going back to the beginning of the season we will. Maybe it was just a scrimmage but I will tell you on that one Saturday MC matched up well against LA so calm down and let the region and substate play out.

1st off, no problem with MC as they have a great tradition and program. A poll that is based on win/loss should be based on just that. Everyone knows there is a difference in pre-season and early season. For one, only one of them counts. For two, different variables are playing themselves out in a scrimmage such as coaches trying different combos, taking a look at younger players in game-time situations, and sometimes its a final try-out 4 a varsity position. Two years ago LA boys beat Boliver 20+ in a playday, then lost to them in state tourn 20+. The fact is MC lost to the 3rd place team in 8AA. So you really dont have a leg to stand on in this debate!

1st off, no problem with MC as they have a great tradition and program. A poll that is based on win/loss should be based on just that. Everyone knows there is a difference in pre-season and early season. For one, only one of them counts. For two, different variables are playing themselves out in a scrimmage such as coaches trying different combos, taking a look at younger players in game-time situations, and sometimes its a final try-out 4 a varsity position. Two years ago LA boys beat Boliver 20+ in a playday, then lost to them in state tourn 20+. The fact is MC lost to the 3rd place team in 8AA. So you really dont have a leg to stand on in this debate!

I can assure you one thing...whatever games anyone won/loss in November will not matter the first of March. MC has one loss...yes to CC. MC also beat TN High by a greater margin than Elizabethton did in one game but I dont think thats a good case to rip #1 away from Elizabethton. By your logic thats what it seems should happen which I dont agree with. You are inconsistent by suggesting that because MC lost to CC that MC has to lose to everyone in 8AA. Dont take the polls this seriously.

FYI...in the preseason scrimmage BOTH coaches played on pretty even terms. 5 in 5 out. Neither tried to "slip" in their starters against the others reserves. No that scrimmage didnt mean much but neither do the games in November when it comes to substate time...especially if you dont play substate in your own gym. Yes there are many variables...some of which you need to just sit back and watch play out. There will be 2 teams from these 2 regions go to state and its not going to be determined by who won what in Nov. Maybe there will be surprises maybe not but dont decide the outcomes before Jan is even over.

Your response to anything MC tells alot.

Good luck the remainder of the season and maybe we will meet again!

Edited by pumba

Kodger,

By your reasoning Pitt would be the worst team in the SEC east because they lost to Tennessee. Do you really think that? It's basketball. Any given night a good team can beat a great team. Besides, these polls are just consensus picks. Based on the season thus far, I don't have a problem with them.