Best Coaches in Nashville; Public & Private

BigENS

Seems that there are alot of strong opinion on the coaching at the Nashville area schools. I would really like to know where all the "opinons" would send their kid?

This is not an easy one to answer because the private and public schools are so different.

In terms of private schools, the facilities tend to be better and there is more consistency in terms of players and coaches.

The public schools tend to be more inconsistent, but when they are good, they are often better than the private schools.

This becomes a chicken vs egg argument in a lot of ways. For example, right now, the best public school in Nashville is probably Overton. But part of the reason for that is that there best player decided to go to Overton instead of one of the private schools that wanted him. Now, imagine how good Overton would be if the point guard from MBA (who is zoned to Overton) was there.

Imagine if all the players at Ensworth zoned to Antioch didn't go there. Players really make good coaches.

I think that CPA & MBA have good coaches. I have never seen Ensworth and many of the other private schools.

I think that Hunters Lane, Overton, East Lit., Antioch, & McGavock have good coaches.

If you are concerned about your son getting a college scholarship, that is 80% AAU and 20% High School. Don't send your child to a school for basketball. That will work itself out.

I believe mid-state Division II basketball is blessed with a lot of really good coaches. Anglin, Bowers and Bontrager understand the game as well as anyone and demonstrate on a consistent basis the ability to coach up athletes. I believe each of them have their athletes best interest always at heart. They are all off the chart competitors but are also good men that teach life lessons.

I thought the starting point guard at MBA lived in Lebanon/Mt. Juliet.

This is not an easy one to answer because the private and public schools are so different.

In terms of private schools, the facilities tend to be better and there is more consistency in terms of players and coaches.

The public schools tend to be more inconsistent, but when they are good, they are often better than the private schools.

This becomes a chicken vs egg argument in a lot of ways. For example, right now, the best public school in Nashville is probably Overton. But part of the reason for that is that there best player decided to go to Overton instead of one of the private schools that wanted him. Now, imagine how good Overton would be if the point guard from MBA (who is zoned to Overton) was there.

Imagine if all the players at Ensworth zoned to Antioch didn't go there. Players really make good coaches.

I think that CPA & MBA have good coaches. I have never seen Ensworth and many of the other private schools.

I think that Hunters Lane, Overton, East Lit., Antioch, & McGavock have good coaches.

If you are concerned about your son getting a college scholarship, that is 80% AAU and 20% High School. Don't send your child to a school for basketball. That will work itself out.