The CPA and David Lipscomb rivalry

Sportsqueen

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA may win, but they won't dominate. 6 of the last 7 games have been decided by 3 points or less. Plus, this game is on Lipscomb's home court on senior night. Even though the Lady Mustangs have no seniors on the team, there will be a great crowd there and the girls will be ready. Should be another great game with the Lady Mustangs winning.

This is a matchup that will not only fill the Lipscomb gym up but could fill a gym up twice its size. This will be a coaches game.

I agree, it will come down to Coaching. CPA didn't have the right personnel on the court at the end of the last game. I think the Coach has figured out who needs to defend who and it will be a battle to the finish. But it always is!

I agree, it will come down to Coaching. CPA didn't have the right personnel on the court at the end of the last game. I think the Coach has figured out who needs to defend who and it will be a battle to the finish. But it always is!

If it comes down to coaching then CPA wins hands down. What a steal CPA got from Davidson Academy.

The stage is set for tomorrow night's showdown between the Lady Mustangs and the Lady Lions. A lot is riding on this one: District Championship, seeding for the District Tournament and pride. Bottom line, if DL wins they clinch 1st place and number one seed in the District Tournament. If CPA wins it likely means a tie in the regular season and a coin flip(?) for seeding.

Both teams will have great support tomorrow night. Students will be wound up. It's Senior Night at Lipscomb plus the possibility of a surprise or two along the way.

Should be fun!

GO LADY MUSTANGS!

CPA rolls tonight. Paper stated Pearl Cohn on probation but can they play in tourney? If not even amount of teams and no bye (less Stratford and Maplewood already_). Is that correct?

Good question. No answer.

What another great atmosphere tonight for high school basketball. Packed gym. Two great student bodies who did not sit down the entire game. The game was not pretty but as all CPA - DL games, it was hard fought. Give credit to DL for not giving up after only scoring 1 point in the first quarter. These two teams should play at least one more time and maybe two so get ready for round lll.