occhs football 2011.....

ocucsf

Dylan Dye would not start at qb at Obion County... Phipps has the time invested and knows the system. Such a head case, no matter how big or talented, wouldn't make it.

I agree Phipps will be the starting QB but it sure would be interesting to see him pushed for the job...It would only make him that much better...

I'll say this...If OC comes up with an offensive line they will be very hard to stop...They will some of the best skill position players in this area...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OCC offensive coaches (Jackson and Smith) seem to get the best out of their players. Four players from last year's team received "all" honors of one sort or another after not having a catch the previous season. Now they are not only blessed with returnees such as McGrew and Carey, but the additons of Parr (interesting to see how he grows under Smith, a coach who played his position in college) and Parker McMinn (this kid has a ton of athletic ability and good size) coupled with Fair and Phipps makes for a formidable set of skill players. The O-line will be fine and look for the Rebels to put up even more offense than last season. The defense is still a question mark but hopefully they will play people both ways this season. Would love to see what Parr and Tanner can do on defense, to name a few.

Some folks bad want to assume oc is recruiting. "What we our doing here recruits itself, good things happen when you put kids first!"......

LOL, no offense, but this is kinda like the person saying Gibson Co. was going to win the state championship this coming year on that other thread. Exactly what does OC have going that is "bringing" players to Obion Co.? LOL.... I have nothing against OC and yes they have improved ALOT since Gibson Co. beat them in consecutive years just a few years ago. :thumb:

LOL, no offense, but this is kinda like the person saying Gibson Co. was going to win the state championship this coming year on that other thread. Exactly what does OC have going that is "bringing" players to Obion Co.? LOL.... I have nothing against OC and yes they have improved ALOT since Gibson Co. beat them in consecutive years just a few years ago. :thumb:

You asked why? Getting players college scholarships, plain and simple. A break down looks like this:

2008 - Austin Hopper to UTM

2009 - Patrick Haskins to Austin Peay, Aaron Cary to Tennessee Tech (then to Kilgore Jr. College in TX after Aaron didn't qualify academically)

2010 - Jaquis Williams to Western Iowa Community College (then to D-1 Wyoming), Steven Patton to Carson-Newman

2011 - ?????

If you are a parent of a player who has the talent to possibly play at the next level, where do you want your kids going? To a program that may win, but the coach(es) never get anyone signed to the next level OR to a program that has started winning AND the coach(es) are getting players to the next level?

Right now with this Obion Central team, players to be considered for the next level would be LaDevin Fair, Marcus Parr, Trey Phipps, Mason McGrew, Josh Quinton, and Tanner Cary, with the possibility of a few more. Behind them are some young guys who have the potential to great things also.

You asked why? Getting players college scholarships, plain and simple. A break down looks like this:

2008 - Austin Hopper to UTM

2009 - Patrick Haskins to Austin Peay, Aaron Cary to Tennessee Tech (then to Kilgore Jr. College in TX after Aaron didn't qualify academically)

2010 - Jaquis Williams to Western Iowa Community College (then to D-1 Wyoming), Steven Patton to Carson-Newman

2011 - ?????

If you are a parent of a player who has the talent to possibly play at the next level, where do you want your kids going? To a program that may win, but the coach(es) never get anyone signed to the next level OR to a program that has started winning AND the coach(es) are getting players to the next level?

Right now with this Obion Central team, players to be considered for the next level would be LaDevin Fair, Marcus Parr, Trey Phipps, Mason McGrew, Josh Quinton, and Tanner Cary, with the possibility of a few more. Behind them are some young guys who have the potential to great things also.

With Coach Jackson having experience as a recruiting coordinator at a bigtime program (Missouri) he knows what it takes to get to the next level.If you want to do the things to get to the next level as a player, coach Jackson will do all he can to get you there.He has contacts all over the country.The players you mentioned have an excellent opportunity to be playing on Saturday's.

Lol.......I Guess you know why now!!!

Lol.......I Guess you know why now!!!

LOL, Marv58 answered the question. Coach Jackson has improved OC alot since he's been there. Marcus Parr is an OUTSTANDING talent and addition to Obion Co. I'm not sure if you guys have gotten to see him over the past 3 years as you guys normally don't play DC, but Marcus Parr is an outstanding player that runs hard, hits hard and plays hard. With Parr, Fair, and Phipps at skilled positions, that's a pretty dangerous trio of players for opposing teams to stop. treefitty said something about needing a good OLine from being a dangerous team. In all honesty, if your line can give Phipps around 3-5 seconds of protection pass blocking, you guys will be fine. As you know, pass blocking is much easier than opening up running lanes. Form a pocket and let the QB sit in. With what you guys have now, you should be a dangerous team already.

SO MUCH talk about this marcus parr kid? I hear so much hype about him, i've never even seen the kid catch a ball. He is,however, atlectic.....but can he catch the ball in a game...not in his frotn yard?

No, but he sure will lower his helmet and run flat over you. He's a D1 talent, whether you want to admit it or not.

SO MUCH talk about this marcus parr kid? I hear so much hype about him, i've never even seen the kid catch a ball. He is,however, atlectic.....but can he catch the ball in a game...not in his frotn yard?

Here is a link to a Youtube highlight film put together by someone at Dyer County. And yes, he can catch a ball!