Tullahoma Basketball

KINGS2014

What will help get Tullahoma Girls on the right track?

It is not good for those young ladies to keep coming up last in the district and not on the winning side of things. There has to be some girls who get looked over because they can not play to their potential because of where they are and is that fair.

Should they moved?

Should they try another sport?

It has to start in the grade schools and if they aren't getting taught their fundamentals and winnings at that then that have missed the whole boat. If they learn those at that age and every year perfect them and play against older guys to push them to make them strong you are starting on the right foot. A mans voice will help in the process they respond to people with whom seek authority at that age.

I don't have the answers but someone needs to help them out for those girls sakes.

This thread was started a few days ago, same topic.

If you would like to look at it =)

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/212614-tullahoma/

This link would be offered in addition to that with comment to the last game and the thumping Tullahoma took from Lawrence County. No excuses, but Tullahoma was missing two starters (freshman) whom were sick. Tullahoma would not have given Lawrence County too much competition in that game, however, I do think it would have been a tiny bit different outcome. Tullahoma currently starts 3 freshman and 2 juniors.

As for the younger ladies in elementary and up, this year's freshmen are the first group of

girls that were brought into the very first Tullahoma elementary league 4 years ago. Since then, many

girls of that group and younger, now travel to Murfreesboro for private lessons weekly and

several of that group (freshman and younger) are now envolved with the Team Pride program. Two of the

three freshman have known for two years that there would be alot placed on their shoulders this year

coming in after a large senior class graduated and have worked HARD to learn and experience what they could

before entering high school.

That brings us to another point of interest, last year, Tullahoma graduated 6 seniors who mainly started. There is only one girl who started last year, that returned and only 3 varsity players returned period. As the three freshman grow and gain experience through another summer of AAU play, hopefully they again will return to summer ball, continue lessons and help bring their team leadership and experience to the floor.

Coach Stovall expects alot from these young ladies and she is giving them instruction and guiding as much as

she can. The program is very young, at this time, and we all await to see if growth will happen. The big change mentality is basketball must be a year round game, not just to pick up the ball for tryouts and put it down once the season ends. If the players, parents and community can grapple that task, it should enfuse a greater energy where the program stands.

Nothing in your post above is agrumentive or incorrect. Just wanted to go on record and say, things

have been changing, it will take time tho.

Just wanted to take a moment to respond. =)

• 3 weeks later...

Can it get any more miserable than the present situation? I have attended and supported as many basketball games as I could even going to away games that were near by. I have donated money just about every year for nearly 22 years to the program. But the last 4 or 5 years I sat up in the stands with a friend of mine and said this is ridiculous. It looks like a bunch of clowns at a circus. Finally, last year I said that I have seen enough and until the program gets straightened out I was not going to waste my time watching another basketball game with Tullahoma and I certianly was not going to spend any more money or donate any more money to the program. I did not attend a single game this season for the first time in forever and I am glad I did not. When are people going to get a clue that the coaches are not the problem? You change coaches and change coaches and still get the same sorry results. Has anyone stopped to think that the coaches just might have anything to work with?

Can it get any more miserable than the present situation? I have attended and supported as many basketball games as I could even going to away games that were near by. I have donated money just about every year for nearly 22 years to the program. But the last 4 or 5 years I sat up in the stands with a friend of mine and said this is ridiculous. It looks like a bunch of clowns at a circus. Finally, last year I said that I have seen enough and until the program gets straightened out I was not going to waste my time watching another basketball game with Tullahoma and I certianly was not going to spend any more money or donate any more money to the program. I did not attend a single game this season for the first time in forever and I am glad I did not. When are people going to get a clue that the coaches are not the problem? You change coaches and change coaches and still get the same sorry results. Has anyone stopped to think that the coaches just might have anything to work with?

I think someone should thank you for all the support you have previously given to the program. I'm certain it was very difficult for you to sit there for 20+ years and endure. I can empathize with your circus experience. Apparently you did care greatly and it is sad that the school program and the girls who currently play have lost your faith and support.

In the above post, (if you did read it) no particular person currently in the program blames the coaches. They are new and young, with this being their first year of head coaching a program anywhere. In my opinion, they have done their best to improve the program with what time they have been here. I think

the coaches would be able to say they have been supported greatly by the parents and community as first year coaches. They have

brought a new pattern of thought concerning girls basketball to our community as stated above. Sure things aren't always sunshiney daisy spring mist, but a rose ain't a rose without a few thorns. As you stated,

things have been tough and it is sad that you no longer support Tullahoma Girls basketball.

Be that as it may, I will state this. The Tullahoma JV girls basketball finished 15-5 this year.

Last year the JV girls here lost everygame by a average loss of 40+ points. I would dare anyone to not say, that is a BIG IMPROVEMENT of the program overall. These up and coming freshman and sophomores (that were also rostered and started for the Varsity) won those games playing the same age girls as themselves.

If that doesn't give you a glimmer of hope, then my last comment would be to take a look at the "strength of schedule" that Tullahoma played this year. Tullahoma's strength of schedule was ranked second amongst the 114 class AAA teams in the state. That 15-5 JV record,...well they won against the teams from all those schools including defeating a well coached and conditioned Riverdale JV team twice. I don't think anyone would question the validity of the highly respected Riverdale program.

To each his own, and Whitey I say this with all respect possible. I agree with you, but some of us must give these new coaches and VERY young players a chance and hope they continue to improve and become stronger as a whole.

Edited by onpoint