Riverdale/St. Xavier,KY

OmahaVol

Wasn't bashing so much as asking a question. <_<

Kids get excited easily as they are not the ones that have to pay for trips like that. Now parents otherwise usually have to fork out $300 or MORE!

I for one example remember a trip to Ohio that the other team chickened out on playing the return game that forced Coach A to schedule the game with a private in Chattanooga that did NOT work out so well.

Keep kissing up BOYS! :roflol:

Yes you were asking a question. However, you made it seem as if your opinion was that playing an Away Away series was stupid on Coach A's part. To me this is bashing. Again, get the facts then do your thing. Also, just making a comment not kissing up to anyone.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you were asking a question. However, you made it seem as if your opinion was that playing an Away Away series was stupid on Coach A's part. To me this is bashing. Again, get the facts then do your thing. Also, just making a comment not kissing up to anyone.

sounds like lostolddad needs to let it go, lod is the one suffering.coach A is smarter than you give him credit.

You BOTH still have not answered the main question. WHO is paying for this away and away extravaganza?

Now as to how this is benefiting the 'boys'. Just how many of the 17 in the county that signed letters of intent did R'dale have this year?

Well Old Dad Im honestly not sure because I am not connected to Riverdale. However, typically players go for free as part of a school athletic function and parents pay their own way as well as other fans.

As to your second question I again am not sure but I do not think Riverdale had any players sign. Glad you pointed that out. The talent at Riverdale is down.

Well Old Dad Im honestly not sure because I am not connected to Riverdale. However, typically players go for free as part of a school athletic function and parents pay their own way as well as other fans.

As to your second question I again am not sure but I do not think Riverdale had any players sign. Glad you pointed that out. The talent at Riverdale is down.

Man, you beat me to it. I was going to say the samething. Old Dad you are hurting your own stand of bashing on Coach A when he was able to win 11 last year and 9 this year with NO college signees. He must be doing something right to be able to compete with teams that had 8 sign. :roflol:

You BOTH still have not answered the main question. WHO is paying for this away and away extravaganza?

Now as to how this is benefiting the 'boys'. Just how many of the 17 in the county that signed letters of intent did R'dale have this year?

most games like this,the sponsor would pick up travel expenses and accomidations.if you have no dog in hunt why are you so worried about who they play and how they can afford bus trip. coach A took this team to semi finals 2 years ago and quarters last year with a sophmore QB.

most games like this,the sponsor would pick up travel expenses and accomidations.if you have no dog in hunt why are you so worried about who they play and how they can afford bus trip. coach A took this team to semi finals 2 years ago and quarters last year with a sophmore QB.

And do not forget three years ago R'dale was NOT in the playoffs for the first time in 20 years because his coaching took us the a 5-5 record with teams like Blackman, Smyrna and Wilson Central beating R'dale for the first time EVER!

As for the last two years, it was the QB's and their play that took the team to the playoffs because Coach A CHOKES!

As to worrying about the exspense of the trip I know how hard my son had to work to get sponsers and funds for his trip to the Ohio game. If the players are going to have to do that they need to be raising the money NOW. As to my 'dog' in that hunt, some of those kids know that I support them in more ways than just watching them. At least that was how it was before y'all so eloquently let me know my support is no longer needed. Thanks guys you just saved me a couple of thousand a year!

And do not forget three years ago R'dale was NOT in the playoffs for the first time in 20 years because his coaching took us the a 5-5 record with teams like Blackman, Smyrna and Wilson Central beating R'dale for the first time EVER!

As for the last two years, it was the QB's and their play that took the team to the playoffs because Coach A CHOKES!

As to worrying about the exspense of the trip I know how hard my son had to work to get sponsers and funds for his trip to the Ohio game. If the players are going to have to do that they need to be raising the money NOW. As to my 'dog' in that hunt, some of those kids know that I support them in more ways than just watching them. At least that was how it was before y'all so eloquently let me know my support is no longer needed. Thanks guys you just saved me a couple of thousand a year!

your couple of thousand that your no longer giving is not hurting me, because i have no dog in hunt. i just bought a couple bumper stickers last year.tell the kids you are no longer supporting them. just because your a big booster doesn't mean you control the coaching staff. let him have one 500 season and run him off. sounds like alabama booster. they ran coach curry off after going 11-1.

LOD your support is needed. All positive support and even some criticism can be a very good thing. My problem with the way you have handled things is that you spout off about Coach A on the boards when all you have to do is go talk to the man. Tell him of Riverdale's proud traditions and give him your opinions on how to get those traditions back. Maybe it will help and maybe it wont. At least you can say that you tried. I do not have any problems with you and dont even know you. I do enjoy our little conversations on here because in the least they are educated conversations. Now as to you not giving your $2000 a year to support the kids, yet another reason for me to disagree with you. Whether or not you agree with Coach A, me, or anyone else you should not pull your support of the kids. The kids is what it is all about in the first place.

Riverdale starts the season at Brighton, at St X, and then a short week to prepare for a home game with Smyrna. That's a pretty challenging way to start the season.

Brighton should be a win. Riverdale will have the advantage in talent and depth, as well as a significant size/speed advantage. Brighton's on a mission to upgrade their schedule so that they can be more playoff ready and this should help. Brighton will also have the whole spring and fall to prepare for Riverdale. Riverdale is excited about playing at St X, which is NOT the first game, and have been a notoriously bad road team under aydelott. Brighton is excited about playing Riverdale. This one should be a win but...hold your breath.

St Xavier. Once again, Riverdale should have a significant physical advantage in the first line of players but this time St X will have the depth advantage. When you think about St X just think about a Maryville team and how well coached and technically proficient they are. This one's a coaching mismatch of epic proportions, probably even more so than Maryville-Riverdale. St X will be excellent in all phases of the game. The one real plus, and I hope this is why we scheduled this game, is that Riverdale will get that up close look at a super well-coached team early in the season. That could pay real dividends and be worth any extra expenses related to the game. I expect Riverdale will lose this game by 3-4 touchdowns but I also wouldn't be shocked if Riverdale won.

Smyrna is coming off a BC Bowl appearance and loses a lot of starters. However, they substituted liberally and have a depth chart loaded wih experienced backups. They'll have a starting lineup that is mostly seniors that have lots of experience. The participation at Smyrna is very healthy and they will have players ready to step up and be contributors. By the third game of the season Smyrna will be a very good football team. Obviously, Riverdale is returning the most talent in the region if those players return. The lines have some question marks. They must find replacements and make it through the summer without the normal wave of attrition that has plagued Riverdale during aydelott's tenure. When was the last time Riverdale beat Smyrna at Tomahawk?

I could really see Riverdale winning all three or losing all three...we're always just waiting to see which Riverdale shows up, especially on the road. Regardless, we'll know a lot about this team and how far their talent and senior leadership can take them after these first three.

Riverdale starts the season at Brighton, at St X, and then a short week to prepare for a home game with Smyrna. That's a pretty challenging way to start the season.

Brighton should be a win. Riverdale will have the advantage in talent and depth, as well as a significant size/speed advantage. Brighton's on a mission to upgrade their schedule so that they can be more playoff ready and this should help. Brighton will also have the whole spring and fall to prepare for Riverdale. Riverdale is excited about playing at St X, which is NOT the first game, and have been a notoriously bad road team under aydelott. Brighton is excited about playing Riverdale. This one should be a win but...hold your breath.

St Xavier. Once again, Riverdale should have a significant physical advantage in the first line of players but this time St X will have the depth advantage. When you think about St X just think about a Maryville team and how well coached and technically proficient they are. This one's a coaching mismatch of epic proportions, probably even more so than Maryville-Riverdale. St X will be excellent in all phases of the game. The one real plus, and I hope this is why we scheduled this game, is that Riverdale will get that up close look at a super well-coached team early in the season. That could pay real dividends and be worth any extra expenses related to the game. I expect Riverdale will lose this game by 3-4 touchdowns but I also wouldn't be shocked if Riverdale won.

Smyrna is coming off a BC Bowl appearance and loses a lot of starters. However, they substituted liberally and have a depth chart loaded wih experienced backups. They'll have a starting lineup that is mostly seniors that have lots of experience. The participation at Smyrna is very healthy and they will have players ready to step up and be contributors. By the third game of the season Smyrna will be a very good football team. Obviously, Riverdale is returning the most talent in the region if those players return. The lines have some question marks. They must find replacements and make it through the summer without the normal wave of attrition that has plagued Riverdale during aydelott's tenure. When was the last time Riverdale beat Smyrna at Tomahawk?

I could really see Riverdale winning all three or losing all three...we're always just waiting to see which Riverdale shows up, especially on the road. Regardless, we'll know a lot about this team and how far their talent and senior leadership can take them after these first three.

You are right TDCman! Hopefully the boys are busting their butts! I am planning on going to the ST.X game! As always GO WARRIORS! :hungry::thumb: