Science Hill vs. East TN

Toppsportsfan

Hampton? Shhs in a consolation arbys game and on a tues. Or fri. Night are on diff levels...i don't care if you play the game at hampton or not...it might be a 20 point game in the end. Shhs is THE elite team in e. Tn. Hampton is good but im sorry, not in the same league. Im not trying to be mean or hate on hampton...but its silly to even compare em.

Yep! Two different teams....different in every catagory.

"Not in the same league"...yea, we heard that before we met in the Arbys. We also heard, "Hampton couldn't stay within 20 of SHHS".....when we did, all we heard was excuse after excuse.

Im sure SH has stepped it up as of late, but so has Hampton.

If we played again, it would be the same exact ball game with, most likely, the same outcome....with Hampton playing 95% of the game with the same five starters and SHHS would and should win.

Its "silly" to down about a program that played you, and other large schools to the wire...and in most cases got the W....

Any school, not in your elite league, should get wipped by no less than 50 points.

But in all honesty, coulda, woulda, shoulda...it really don't matter!

Yep! Two different teams....different in every catagory.

"Not in the same league"...yea, we heard that before we met in the Arbys. We also heard, "Hampton couldn't stay within 20 of SHHS".....when we did, all we heard was excuse after excuse.

Im sure SH has stepped it up as of late, but so has Hampton.

If we played again, it would be the same exact ball game with, most likely, the same outcome....with Hampton playing 95% of the game with the same five starters and SHHS would and should win.

Its "silly" to down about a program that played you, and other large schools to the wire...and in most cases got the W....

Any school, not in your elite league, should get wipped by no less than 50 points.

But in all honesty, coulda, woulda, shoulda...it really don't matter!

At the risk of sounding like a jerk...have you ever played sports? ( I'm assuming you have) You know that when you play on a team that is considered "better" than the rest it is hard to get up and get excited about playing an "underdog" i.e. central, hampton, greeneville, volunteer and whoever else. I dont doubt that hampton is a good ball team. But lets be real. They are not on SH level. To prove my point they lost to SH by 10 or 12 and everyone acts like its the state finals or something? it was a consolation game that didnt matter. I can hear it now "Back in my day we almost beat Science Hill over at the arbys". Is hampton an above average/pretty good team. By all means yes. Lots of talent. and its good to see them play well and represent the small schools. im happy for them. but in all honesty can you sit there and watch these two teams play at the top if their game and say Science HIll and Hampton are pretty even!" no chance my man. and they shouldnt be even. SHHS is huge and has more depth and talent. But that is not my point. When both teams play at their highest level...Hampton is not in the same category. With that said if SH played hampton ten times...hampton might win one or two. but thats why high school sports are great...anyone can beat anyone. but on a regular night it wouldnt happen. Im really not trying to be a jerk or rude. I love a good debate and this is whyi joined the site. dont think im being cocky or anyhitng. its just a fact. shoulda woulda coulda? shhs won. a win is a win. check the column...when its all said and done shhs got a w bc they are better. they would getthe w anywhere home or away against a team like hampton. They should get a W...look at the difference in size.....your turn??????????

At the risk of sounding like a jerk...have you ever played sports? ( I'm assuming you have) You know that when you play on a team that is considered "better" than the rest it is hard to get up and get excited about playing an "underdog" i.e. central, hampton, greeneville, volunteer and whoever else. I dont doubt that hampton is a good ball team. But lets be real. They are not on SH level. To prove my point they lost to SH by 10 or 12 and everyone acts like its the state finals or something? it was a consolation game that didnt matter. I can hear it now "Back in my day we almost beat Science Hill over at the arbys". Is hampton an above average/pretty good team. By all means yes. Lots of talent. and its good to see them play well and represent the small schools. im happy for them. but in all honesty can you sit there and watch these two teams play at the top if their game and say Science HIll and Hampton are pretty even!" no chance my man. and they shouldnt be even. SHHS is huge and has more depth and talent. But that is not my point. When both teams play at their highest level...Hampton is not in the same category. With that said if SH played hampton ten times...hampton might win one or two. but thats why high school sports are great...anyone can beat anyone. but on a regular night it wouldnt happen. Im really not trying to be a jerk or rude. I love a good debate and this is whyi joined the site. dont think im being cocky or anyhitng. its just a fact. shoulda woulda coulda? shhs won. a win is a win. check the column...when its all said and done shhs got a w bc they are better. they would getthe w anywhere home or away against a team like hampton. They should get a W...look at the difference in size.....your turn??????????

Like their 4 point win 67-63 over Sullivan Central at Science Hill a Cougar team that lost to Unaka the last place team in Hampton's league. Science Hill wouldn't come to Hampton and play for no amount of money. They might walk the dog in seasons past but the talent level is about the same this year.

If I had been SH watching Hampton's first half against Hunter Huss (yes we lost by 12), I wouldnt have taken them lightly...and I dont think they did.

Yea, Ive played alot of ball...too much for too long. I know a few things about the game.

You said SH would and should win against Hampton, that was exactly my wording also because of bench help and depth....BUT, if SH's 5 ran four qtrs with Hampton's 5,Id take Hampton alot more than one or two out of ten!

If I had been SH watching Hampton's first half against Hunter Huss (yes we lost by 12), I wouldnt have taken them lightly...and I dont think they did.

Yea, Ive played alot of ball...too much for too long. I know a few things about the game.

You said SH would and should win against Hampton, that was exactly my wording also because of bench help and depth....BUT, if SH's 5 ran four qtrs with Hampton's 5,Id take Hampton alot more than one or two out of ten!

Your really saying that if they played 5 on 5 for a whole game tthat Hampton would win.If you know a few things about the game you wouldnt think that .First of all hill wouldnt make it the whole game i do think Hamptons top 3 Would play at the hill but thats all so that really answers that.Like i told you before i like Hampton good friends with Grady but you say Cloudland will give you a good game.Why they still not beat a team with a good record i told you Hampton would win last time by 20.They will again.if you loss to them how will you beat the teams down the road?

Your really saying that if they played 5 on 5 for a whole game tthat Hampton would win.If you know a few things about the game you wouldnt think that .First of all hill wouldnt make it the whole game i do think Hamptons top 3 Would play at the hill but thats all so that really answers that.Like i told you before i like Hampton good friends with Grady but you say Cloudland will give you a good game.Why they still not beat a team with a good record i told you Hampton would win last time by 20.They will again.if you loss to them how will you beat the teams down the road?

We all know Hill couldn't make it the whole game...my point was that the starters play 99% of the game (Yes, Hill a bit less) and if SH did the same, Hampton would win more than one out of ten......but honestly, it doesn't mean a thing to compare or talk about what ifs...just fun to get a rise outta some.

As for Cloudland, a few of my Lander friends keep up with these threads and I wouldn't belittle their boys at all. We did and should beat Cloudland (#10 in the State) but if you know anything about that lil gym and atmosphere then you know why I think it will be a game....Physical play, plays to their strength there.....not alot of schools (A, AA, AAA) go there and dominate!

Science Hill is a pretty good team with three good players in Adams, Hale, and Allen. The substitutions kill your team. Furthermore, I think the team would be better if you moved Allen to the wing and put Levaou at the four. Also, the team has no backup point, I been to both DB games and the backup cannot handle the ball. I noticed in the DB game at Science Hill the players knew he could not handle the ball, because I noticed that got up on him and he helped DB by turning the ball over about two to three times.

Science Hill is a pretty good team with three good players in Adams, Hale, and Allen. The substitutions kill your team. Furthermore, I think the team would be better if you moved Allen to the wing and put Levaou at the four. Also, the team has no backup point, I been to both DB games and the backup cannot handle the ball. I noticed in the DB game at Science Hill the players knew he could not handle the ball, because I noticed that got up on him and he helped DB by turning the ball over about two to three times.

I agree with you there sometimes the subs do kill us BUT it does wear teams down.But more important it gets kids playing time and we dont have 2 rebuild every year because kids dont have playing time.I would rather be good every year than just every once in awhile.But 2 say our subs kill us your wrong we beat DB both times and they have 7sr on that team and were 25 3 it must be working its called TEAM ball not just 5on5 learn that and your team might be good every year instead of saying i hope this is our year our under classmen is terrible

We all know Hill couldn't make it the whole game...my point was that the starters play 99% of the game (Yes, Hill a bit less) and if SH did the same, Hampton would win more than one out of ten......but honestly, it doesn't mean a thing to compare or talk about what ifs...just fun to get a rise outta some.

As for Cloudland, a few of my Lander friends keep up with these threads and I wouldn't belittle their boys at all. We did and should beat Cloudland (#10 in the State) but if you know anything about that lil gym and atmosphere then you know why I think it will be a game....Physical play, plays to their strength there.....not alot of schools (A, AA, AAA) go there and dominate!

UKNIOT2 i wouldnt belittle any player dont mean it that way im just saying just like you have if Hampton comes 2 play ball nobody in single A will beat them untill they get 2 state.These voters look at records and dont look at who they play and vote for teamsIv seen were cloudland want make it 2 sub state if thats the case there not top 10 Im pulling for them just like hampton and ALL the local teams

UKNIOT2 i wouldnt belittle any player dont mean it that way im just saying just likeu you have if Hampton comes 2 play ball nobody in single A will beat them untill they get 2 state.These voters look at records and dont look at who they play and vote for teamsIv seen were cloudland want make it 2 sub state if thats the case there not top 10 Im pulling for them just like hampton and ALL the local teams

Didn't mean that you belittled anyone....either I worded incorrectly or you misread.

I've tooted my lil horn before and when needed, it wouldn't blow! So im a lil careful as to what I say or agree with