Franklin, Centennial and Page High

beastmama

Uhh, not sure what you are expected from this post here..? However, when you say the names of these schools I will tell you what comes to mind, and what I think about the wrestlers.

FRANKLIN-

Alex Bennett- Great kid & Great wrestler, very smart and solid kid.

Austin Woods- Beast, quick, strong, great all around wrestler.

Zach Bennett-Also a great kid & Great wrestler, has an enormous heart, and always amazes me on how much he improves over short periods of times.

John Shrader- Relentless, that word just about sums it up for this young man.

Centennial-

Kyler Smith- Great kid, great wrestler, senior at 103, has all the talent in the world to get to where he wants to get.

Larry Cannon- A kid who has all the talent on the mat, but needs to work on the mental aspect, and if he can do that, I have no doubt that he'll be a state champion someday.

Parker Smith- Smart, strong, technical, great kid, great wrestler.

PAGE-

Dylan Davis- Great kid, is a very underrated wrestler, he's going to be a little bit of a dark horse come state time.

Caleb Baldree- Great wrestler, have only seen him a couple of times, but he has impressed me none the less, look for him to also be a black horse come state time.

Not quite sure what you were looking for on this topic you posted, none the less I hope that I satisfied your needs/wants in every way possible. (Maybe not every) :roflol:

PRT iii :flower:

Edited by PRTiii

Uhh, not sure what you are expected from this post here..? However, when you say the names of these schools I will tell you what comes to mind, and what I think about the wrestlers.

FRANKLIN-

Alex Bennett- Great kid & Great wrestler, very smart and solid kid.

Austin Woods- Beast, quick, strong, great all around wrestler.

Zach Bennett-Also a great kid & Great wrestler, has an enormous heart, and always amazes me on how much he improves over short periods of times.

John Shrader- Relentless, that word just about sums it up for this young man.

Centennial-

Kyler Smith- Great kid, great wrestler, senior at 103, has all the talent in the world to get to where he wants to get.

Larry Cannon- A kid who has all the talent on the mat, but needs to work on the mental aspect, and if he can do that, I have no doubt that he'll be a state champion someday.

Parker Smith- Smart, strong, technical, great kid, great wrestler.

PAGE-

Dylan Davis- Great kid, is a very underrated wrestler, he's going to be a little bit of a dark horse come state time.

Caleb Baldree- Great wrestler, have only seen him a couple of times, but he has impressed me none the less, look for him to also be a black horse come state time.

Not quite sure what you were looking for on this topic you posted, none the less I hope that I satisfied your needs/wants in every way possible. (Maybe not every) :roflol:

PRT iii :flower:

Just never here much talk about some of their really good wrestlers especially Centennial and Page. Sometimes good wrestlers get over looked when their team as a whole doesnt do as well as others so it is good to hear that some of these wrestlers are on peoples radar. Sometimes it is good to be the black horse.....thanks

HE WAS IMPRESSIVE AT THE HALLS INV, UNTIL HE RAN INTO A SMALL OBSTICLE (SATTERFIELD-WM BLOUNT) IN THE FINALS.

THE ANIMAL

sometimes these guys you talk about from Page and Centenial get false hopes of how good they are because they have not wrestled anyone but the people in there own area.The wrestlers that are getting most of the talk are the ones that work at it 12 months of the year and wrestle vs some of the best wrestlers in the south or nationally and it is easy to miss those that just are the best in there own lil world... beastmomma.

Hope after states we still here those names mentioned but lots of times we dont.

Good luck to all

sometimes these guys you talk about from Page and Centenial get false hopes of how good they are because they have not wrestled anyone but the people in there own area.The wrestlers that are getting most of the talk are the ones that work at it 12 months of the year and wrestle vs some of the best wrestlers in the south or nationally and it is easy to miss those that just are the best in there own lil world... beastmomma.

Hope after states we still here those names mentioned but lots of times we dont.

Good luck to all

Yes, I guess we will see after state whose names we hear....i am sure a few new ones. Good luck to all the wrestlers!

Yes, I guess we will see after state whose names we hear....i am sure a few new ones. Good luck to all the wrestlers!

If they are not involved in a Freestyle and Greco Roman Program (USA Wrestling) then their chanced diminish quickly... 2 statistics you need to be aware of....

71% of TSSAA State Champions are Freestyle and Greco Wrestlers*

52% of TSSAA Top 6 State Placers are Freestyle and Greco Wrestlers**

find a club near you for them to train at. www.tennwrestling.com

Edited by trickk

Good luck to all

cmonman - There are no false hopes at Centennial. They get nothing but the unadulterated truth from me about their chances during the regular season and up through state. Go ahead and ask them. They will tell you the same thing.

As far as the work/wrestling for 12 months out of the year? You just happened to mention the three guys on the team who are going to tournaments in Georgia, Oklahoma, North Carolina, and Illinois during the off-season. That is not local to me.

Wrestling state placers and champions from 5 different states is local?

Ooltewah and G.P. West had a variety of wrestlers from all over Tennessee (Chattanooga, Memphis) and Kentucky. The Cougar Classic had teams from Illinois and Kentucky. Again, how are we being local? Have you ever heard of Caleb Ervin? He was ranked #2 in the nation when Parker Smith faced him last year @ G.P. West.

Even worse is your denigration of the competition in the 'local area'. Have you seen the roster of the competition just in our district? Every year we have the pleasure of wrestling Indy, Franklin, Ravenwood, and Brentwood.

It doesn't serve one well to make broad strokes with the brush when our knowledge of the situation is lacking.

Matthew Becker

Centennial Wrestling

cmonman - There are no false hopes at Centennial. They get nothing but the unadulterated truth from me about their chances during the regular season and up through state. Go ahead and ask them. They will tell you the same thing.

As far as the work/wrestling for 12 months out of the year? You just happened to mention the three guys on the team who are going to tournaments in Georgia, Oklahoma, North Carolina, and Illinois during the off-season. That is not local to me.

Ooltewah and G.P. West had a variety of wrestlers from all over Tennessee (Chattanooga, Memphis) and Kentucky. The Cougar Classic had teams from Illinois and Kentucky. Again, how are we being local? Have you ever heard of Caleb Ervin? He was ranked #2 in the nation when Parker Smith faced him last year @ G.P. West.

Even worse is your denigration of the competition in the 'local area'. Have you seen the roster of the competition just in our district? Every year we have the pleasure of wrestling Indy, Franklin, Ravenwood, and Brentwood.

It doesn't serve one well to make broad strokes with the brush when our knowledge of the situation is lacking.

Matthew Becker

Centennial Wrestling

Bingo.

Matthew Becker

Centennial Wrestling

Ditto Centennial.....Good comment!