Smith Co.- Trousdale Co. I

fanman

Posted by Time2Play:

There was a post where cornerpylon sais something about the Owls refusing to play the Mighty Jackets. I am looking for some information here, I was informed that they were banned frpm playing all those years due to a Post Game incedent. Just looking for some info........

I find myself pulling extremely hard for SCHS in this one. Both teams have a great group of Athletes and both are extremely well coached, I just would like to see Smith County and their staff walk away victors Friday night, nothing against the young men from TCHS.

You Smith County fans really seem to enjoy these boards, I mean you all have about a million post on here combined. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I love to see a town support their young men and women especially when it involves anything to do with a school function (sports or anything else) I know that sometimes that is what keeps these young people in school.

Go SCHS contain TT and Satterfeild, make no mistakes offensively and you should win this one.

SC--24

TC--17 :o:o

There was no ban on playing. SC refused to play TC in any sport because of a post game fight at the 1993 jamboree at TC. Our principal would not play them because of that fight and the bad blood from that incident. It was probably a good decision at the time, but I am glad we are playing again in about every sport. I think the bitterness is gone, but the rivlary still is strong. It will be, and always is, a war when these teams play.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by APhool:
Posted by Antwan:
Posted by OSHSman:

What was the score of this game last year?

Regular season at TC, TC 32 - SC 0

2nd round playoff game at TC, TC 14 - SC 7

SC led 7-0 at the half.

Does leading at halftime count as a half win? :)

Hartsville - 24

Carthage - 10

Does A Phool count as a whole Fool?

Just like a little boy to run his mouth when offended by the opinions of others. Does an twan = a twerp? :)

Hartsville - 24

Carthage - 10

PS: You now have the honor of being the first jerk to be added to my ignore user list! :)

[Edited by APhool on 10-9-02 1:22P]

Posted by APhool:
Posted by Antwan:
Posted by APhool:
Posted by Antwan:
Posted by OSHSman:

What was the score of this game last year?

Regular season at TC, TC 32 - SC 0

2nd round playoff game at TC, TC 14 - SC 7

SC led 7-0 at the half.

Does leading at halftime count as a half win? :D

Hartsville - 24

Carthage - 10

Does A Phool count as a whole Fool?

Just like a little boy to run his mouth when offended by the opinions of others. Does an twan = a twerp? :)

Hartsville - 24

Carthage - 10

PS: You now have the honor of being the first jerk to be added to my ignore user list! :)

[Edited by APhool on 10-9-02 1:22P]

An honor it indeed is. :) A phool, you indeed are. :)

I am going with Oliver Springs's 3-A brother's Smith County. Even during the one week Coacht.com War with OS, I have alot or respect for SC and the ahrd physical tema the OWLS are. SC is byfar the most complete team the Bobcats have played this year and scored 21 on a Bobcats defense only allowing 6 ppg this year. SC Defense is just as good, maybe just a bit better than the Bobcats- and that is SCARY. With SC running game and amzing D, I dont see anyone beating them in thier region this year and I wouldnt bet on them not making a trip to Nashville this year.

SC 21 Trousdale 12

Posted by OS91:

I am going with Oliver Springs's 3-A brother's Smith County. Even during the one week Coacht.com War with OS, I have alot or respect for SC and the ahrd physical tema the OWLS are. SC is byfar the most complete team the Bobcats have played this year and scored 21 on a Bobcats defense only allowing 6 ppg this year. SC Defense is just as good, maybe just a bit better than the Bobcats- and that is SCARY. With SC running game and amzing D, I dont see anyone beating them in thier region this year and I wouldnt bet on them not making a trip to Nashville this year.

SC 21 Trousdale 12

I too am starting to feel a bond to the OS boys. I will be pulling for you to beat the privates in 2a. You talked smack, but your team backed it up. You have a very good team. Do ya'll have an Aphool up there? Too bad he added me to his ignore list. Now I can bash him and won't even know it. :)

I have read every thing that was posted on this site and it sounds like war between the two schools but lets not forget these are children playing and we as adults must set an good example for them. It will be a great game and I will be there but it won't be the end of the world to the one who loses so don't make it sound like it. May the best team win and may no one get hurt in the game. I am a Jacket fan and always will be win or lose. Go jackets :)

Posted by tippy:

I have read every thing that was posted on this site and it sounds like war between the two schools but lets not forget these are children playing and we as adults must set an good example for them. It will be a great game and I will be there but it won't be the end of the world to the one who loses so don't make it sound like it. May the best team win and may no one get hurt in the game. I am a Jacket fan and always will be win or lose. Go jackets :)

This one is not the end of the world game...the next one will be. :)

Fan