OAK RIDGE FOOTBALL

Oakridge

Posted by SirPettus:

I am so happy people are now jumping on the wagon now. The coaching staff is doing great this year. Go Wildcats!!!!!!! and Go Roadrunners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a clue! :o

The players are winning at times in spite of the coaching, rather than because of it. ;)

Look how long it took the coaches to figure out that Gulmire should play more offense. :confused:

Oak Ridge lost to the only quality opponent (and a 3-A opponent at that) they played and should not get over-confident before the playoffs.

[Edited by rabidwildcatfan on 10-11-02 1:05P]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Oldcat:

He can not stay out of trouble at school. He will be back in school in five days. I hope he come back and want it more.

Posted by observer1216:

Will someone explain the comment about Booker being on "vacation". Is he not playing this week?

How you know what he do at school. I heard he was out of school also, but how do you know he can't stay out of trouble? :confused:

I am wondering as I read this why you Oak Ridger's are talking so bad about one of our own? If you know the facts concerning Corey's situation you might not be spreading it all over the state for everybody else to read. For those of you who let the news out that he wasn't playing well I guess you made it all that much easier for the William Blount Coaches. They didn't have to prepare for him..I guess you're happy we won. For those of you who don't want to see one of our own kids have success and then point the hollier than thou finger at him when he makes a mistake.. Enjoy your gloating. Sure he made a mistake but this is a school issue and he is a kid. Because of you , people across the state are calling him a thug and a troublemaker. For you his teammates you know he isn't. Jealousy of somebody is a wasted emotion. This kid is a regular at FCA and Young Life. Is he a Saint? Probably not but why trash him here? The kid loves Oak Ridge football and has been a huge part of our success for the past three years. He is a nice kid with a future. Don't tarnish his reputation until you know all of the facts. I hope you or your kids don't make a mistake because then we might be reading about them too. Would you like that?

[Edited by DCCATVOICE on 10-13-02 6:53P]

I don't think that is the case actually or at least I would hope not. There are two camps though but I think they all want the team to win. I think the team itself has good chemistry and supportive fans. The upset fans have been quiet this fall while the team has been winning. Maybe their views haven't changed but they show the respect due the kids for their fine season to date. I think a lot of people felt this Oak Ridge team wouldn't be very good from what they read or heard on here or other sites like it. For those of you across the state, Oak Ridge doesn't stay down long. Our Coaches, past and present wouldn't like to coach at a place that doesn't expect them to win year after year. 15-0 is expected every season and although that isn't possible most of the fans want them to win every Friday night. So to answer your post. No, I don't think that is the case. Oh yes, Thanks for your help getting me in touch with Bradley.

DCCATVOICE, I totally agree with you Mr. Booker is a good kid and athlete plus a major part of the program. I think all of the "Oak Ridger's" do as well. I think it must be some one else saying the negative things. I believe I saw where the story was not repeated when asked showed respect to Mr. Booker not the rumor.

I just don't believe the negativity is from an Oak Ridger, either "camp".

Keep up the good work!

Please wait a second folks, your 4-0 region mark is against the bottom 4 teams currently in the region standings. Your remaining schedule is probably the most favorable of the top 4 with a trip to Farragut and home games against Ooltewah and Soddy-Daisy. If any of the Cat fans are expecting easy games the rest of the way will be sadly disappointed. This is the time of the season where the cream will rise to the top, the way it should be.

I'm not trying to start anything, just be a voice of reason. Talking trash is not my style. Good luck the rest of the way and see you all in week 9 at Blankenship.

Posted by coacht:

Am I right in saying that there is a group of OR fans who, if the Wildcats lose, will look real sad in the stadium but will be high-fiving each other in the parking lot?

CoachT,

I don't believe this is the case. For the most part, the fans in Oak Ridge want to win and celebrate winning. Most of the complaints from Oak Ridge fans can be attributed to high aspirations and expectations every year.

Most fans in the area watch these kids closely from the time they are young and want to see the kids achieve greatness. Anyone that has watched these kids knows that they won at every level through high school. Although this does not always translate into success in high school, there was concern that talent was being wasted in Oak Ridge.

The only people that would likely react to a loss in the manner you speak are parents or friends of kids that are not playing (or not playing enough for their taste) for some reason. Otherwise, Oak Ridgers are united for their kids, no matter their feelings about the coach.