Postponements for Friday, February 3

CoachT

WEST TN:

The Jackson Sun (.com) had these game times that were moved up:

"These games have been moved to earlier to day: Bolivar vs. JCM at Lambuth, 3:30 p.m.; Lexington at Liberty, 4 p.m.; Madison at TCA, 4 p.m.; Haywood at Obion County, 4 p.m.; Bradford at Humboldt, 5 p.m.; Milan at Gibson County, 5 p.m.

Two games have been moved to Saturday: Dresden at Clarksburg, 1 p.m.; North Side at Hardin County, 3 p.m.; Ripley at Westview, 6:30 p.m.

If you know of any other game changes or cancellations, email us at michodom@jacksonsun.com."

Edited by TitanicVol

Lawrence Co-Shelbyville game is postponed to a later date. Shelbyville game will be played on Saturday, Feb. 12, 4:00 p.m.

Beach Night is now Saturday (tomorrow) night vs Columbia.

I think people are starting to get a little carried away with cancelling LCHS basketball games. We have had, if my memory serves me correct, 1 GAME at HOME since Christmas Break. This is the 3rd attempt to have Big Kahuna and all 3 times it has been cancelled. Of course it was obvious back on Jan. 14th, when kids were out of school the entire week, but cancelling the Columbia game on Jan. 21st was ridiculous, and cancelling tonight's game is certainly RIDICULOUS. THE ROADS ARE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR AS A WHISTLE, JUST LIKE IT WAS ON JAN. 21ST AND TONIGHT. SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THERE ARE SOME TEAMS OUT THERE THAT DON'T WANT TO COME TO LAWRENCE CO. HIGH SCHOOL AND PLAY US. MY LORD, WE EVEN HAD SCHOOL TODAY, SO WHAT'S THE FREAKING DEAL WITH CANCELLING BASKETBALL GAMES IN LAWRENCE COUNTY. IF I WAS PRINCIPAL MICHAEL ADKINS I WOULD TELL OUR KIDS THAT BIG KAHUNA WILL BE OUR VERY NEXT HOME GAME, WHETHER IT BE NOW MOVED TO SATURDAY NIGHT, OR NEXT WEEK. BUT WATCH OUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A DUSTING OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT, AND A BIGGER WINTER STORM POSSIBLE NEXT TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY WHICH MAY AFFECT NEXT WEEK'S GAMES.

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, STOP CANCELLING THE GAMES THAT ARE BEYOND RIDICULOUS TO CANCEL, SUCH AS JAN. 21ST WITH COLUMBIA, AND TONIGHT'S GAME WITH SHELBYVILLE, THINKING SOMETHING WILL FALL ON THE OUTSIDE WHEN IT HASN'T, AND CANCEL THEM WHEN THERE IS A WINTER STORM TAKING PLACE OR ON THE GROUND.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO CANCEL THE FIRST DATE WITH COLUMBIA, OR TONIGHT'S GAME WITH SHELBYVILLE. GO AHEAD AND CANCEL AGAIN TOMORROW NIGHT AND NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT, THERE IS SNOW IN THE FORECAST, SO GO AHEAD, GET SCARED, AND CANCEL THE REST OF THE SEASON WHY DON'T YOU. I'VE NEVER SEEN SCHOOL BUSES THAT COULDN'T RUN ON DRY PAVEMENT.

When I coached I left it up to the visiting team as to whether we played or not since they were the ones that had to travel. Reason being, if I am responsible for 15 teenagers and I don't feel it is safe to travel then I'm not traveling no matter what the home team says so I give them the same respect. They eventually have to come here and play us, anyway. Not sure if that is what happens these days or not.

• Upvote 1

When I coached I left it up to the visiting team as to whether we played or not since they were the ones that had to travel. Reason being, if I am responsible for 15 teenagers and I don't feel it is safe to travel then I'm not traveling no matter what the home team says so I give them the same respect. They eventually have to come here and play us, anyway. Not sure if that is what happens these days or not.

I agree 100% with the safety of our kids, home or visiting team, comes first. But my point is to check on the weather before jumping to conclusions. Here it is Saturday morning, the mixed precip. that was in the forecast has been way back in Arkansas all day Friday and not expected to even hit here until today, if it does at all, and they've just WASTED the opportunity to have the game.

Another major issue or point from this is; Look at what these kids have to face now: A Saturday night game, then Tuesday night, then Friday night, then again next Saturday night. This is FOUR GAMES IN THE NEXT SEVEN DAYS. THESE KIDS WILL BE EXHAUSTED.

The bottom line is check the latest weather forecasts before you jump to conclusions and cancel ballgames. It makes alot of folks that make these decisions look really STUPID, and it is HILARIOUS just to cancel ballgames when there is no imminent winter weather in the immediate future (6-12 hrs. ahead)and nothing is out there or within 250 miles of us. We could have very easily moved the game up to 5:00pm as far as that goes, like alot of other schools did. But cancelling last night's game was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, and makes the folks who cancelled the game, whether it be us, Shelbyville, both teams, TSSAA, or whomever, look REALLY STUPID.

Well, as I speak, it has begun to snow outside, so WHOOPS!, get on the phone and cancel tonight's game with Columbia, and make this now 5 games to play in less than seven days. Wear them kids down to exhaustion right before the big tournament.