Grundy Upperman game

Les

The Herald Citizen has Upperman playing the Middle Tennessee Heat tonight. Is this an AAU team ? Hmmmmm , I thought there were rules against that.

Read here - last paragraph

Upperman Cancellation

I believe Upperman canceling the game with Grundy County speaks volumes. It had nothing to do with them having too many games that week. Grundy played them at their place Saturday, had games Mon, Tues and Thurs and were more than ready to play them on Sat. Only they didn't show....hmmmmm...makes you wonder don't it?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Upperman canceling the game with Grundy County speaks volumes. It had nothing to do with them having too many games that week. Grundy played them at their place Saturday, had games Mon, Tues and Thurs and were more than ready to play them on Sat. Only they didn't show....hmmmmm...makes you wonder don't it?

Maybe Upperman didn't have too many games scheduled that week, but too many games scheduled for the year. You're only allowed to schedule so many games a season, right?

Something happened after halftime in the girls game and before the start of the boys game, at Upperman. I saw only the SRO at the half of the girls game, when I left at the start of the boys game, there appeared to be seven or eight patol cars(parked at odd angles}out side the gym.

Word that I got. Security concerns was the cause for the cancilation. I am a witness, the girls were good sports. :flower:

Must have been an (isolated) fan problem. :ph34r:

Something happened after halftime in the girls game and before the start of the boys game, at Upperman. I saw only the SRO at the half of the girls game, when I left at the start of the boys game, there appeared to be seven or eight patol cars(parked at odd angles}out side the gym.

Word that I got. Security concerns was the cause for the cancilation. I am a witness, the girls were good sports. :flower:

Must have been an (isolated) fan problem. :ph34r:

I saw one of Upperman's fans (an older man) stand up and scream at the refs and then left. Not sure if he was told to leave or left on his own but the SRO was following him out. That was the only incident I seen that caused any concern. Therefore, I don't think "security concerns" had anything to do with the cancellation.

Word that I got. Security concerns was the cause for the cancilation. I am a witness, the girls were good sports. Must have been an (isolated) fan problem. :

No one said nor stated that the girls were bad sports in anyway, the BIGGEST disgust was with the officiating. The main reason many suspect was they were worried about loosing the state ranking. Really looks that way after we traveled to their place the week before. :bored: <<-This would have been a foul at upperman :D We not only didn't have the honor of playing the game, but also lost a Saturday night gate for the school. Generally Saturday nights are the best gates for the schools.That is a BIG DEAL senator

Edited by mtnman80

I left half time boys game I'm with Grundy, just a ballgame what I saw bad call or two or three fans just letting refs know when they miss one when I left . I really wanted to see a good game at Grundy and was looking forward to it but maybe in the region of course it will be up probably up their way.