Jackson County Vs Clay County

midtensportsfan

What happened to Godwin and Co. last night. Congrats to Clay on that big win!!!!Now on to Clarkrange

Paper said Godwin had 26 of the 44 they scored so I think he showed up. The other team mates didn't. Clay Co definitely made a statement last night in 7A. Hope they got it out of their system before Saturday night. Hope they win Friday so maybe they won't be so mad! HaHa.

This was a great game. Tons of energy and love for the game. Both teams played well. Copeland and Boles had great games. Copeland had mroe rebounds than I had seen out of Clay in a long time. rebounding is not a strong point of any of the players on Clays team. Boles was hot for most of the game went a little cold in the 3rd but got it back. If that kid would step up his D some he could play everybody else out of the gym. Good Luck a C-Range Thursday Clay maybe it wont snow it out.

Big Congrats to the Clay girls. Nice win. I'll have to say JC was a player down and she means another 12-16 points a game. Still a great job!

Jackson County rolls into Celina on Tuesday for a showdown against Clay County. If JC wins they win the district outright with a 7-1 record in the district. If Clay wins they will have to win against Clarkrange to force a coin flip otherwise JC would still win based on a 6-2 record vs 5-3. Clay will try to pack it in against Godwin and try to keep him from getting going and JC will put alot of pressure on Clay's guards to get some easy baskets off of their vaunted full court pressure they put on teams for the entire game. JC got off to a slow against Monterey but Godwin's slam dunk over Monterey's players seemed to rip the roof off of the building and JC went on to win easily. It was the sickest dunk i've seen in a long time, should be on youtube before long i'm sure! Clay played a tight game against Gordonsville going into overtime to win so this game is setting up as a classic battle between two very good teams. I got JC winning a nail biter 71-67. Who you got?

This was a great game. Tons of energy and love for the game. Both teams played well. Copeland and Boles had great games. Copeland had mroe rebounds than I had seen out of Clay in a long time. rebounding is not a strong point of any of the players on Clays team. Boles was hot for most of the game went a little cold in the 3rd but got it back. If that kid would step up his D some he could play everybody else out of the gym. Good Luck a C-Range Thursday Clay maybe it wont snow it out.

Big Congrats to the Clay girls. Nice win. I'll have to say JC was a player down and she means another 12-16 points a game. Still a great job!

dont take away anything from clay County girls with how clay run the floor and played ball last night they were determined to win that game.

Good gracious........what happened to the "close" matchup last night? Looks like Boles outplayed Godwin and the other players of JC didn't show up? If Clay continues this they will be headed to the Big Dance!

And even the CC girls won big over undefeated JC????

Both Clay boys and girls were determined last night. And this showed all night long, especially with the girls.

Godwin scored 26 of the 44 points, but missed several 3s.. Wasn't much of his "A game" last night.

Boles scored 27 of the 60, good game for him last night. Proud of both Clay Co. teams, now on to C-Range tomorrow... *fingers crossed*

Edited by footballco11

Both Clay boys and girls were determined last night. And this showed all night long, especially with the girls.

Godwin scored 26 of the 44 points, but missed several 3s.. Wasn't much of his "A game" last night.

Boles scored 27 of the 60, good game for him last night. Proud of both Clay Co. teams, now on to C-Range tomorrow... *fingers crossed*

Where is MidTn Man? Haven't seen him post anything since the Clay Co game?