How good (or not) is Clarksville Academy?

silverdalefan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several very good teams in Region 3-A and 4-A. How will the teams from here match up with the defending state champ?

[/quotE

In looking at their schedule, it doesn't look like they have played anyone who could test them. All of their wins have been by 10 or more points so other than the Smith twins, it would be interesting to see how their guards hold up to scrutiny when tested or if the twins have an off night.

CSAS lost by nine in the semis to Clarksville last year. CSAS is definately more than 9 points better this year. Clarksville's guard play is MUCH weaker this year.

You obviously don't know much about them,they lost one player who averaged about 10 a game,he was a small forward and a shut down defender.They return both guards and are better at handling pressure but a little weaker on defense with the loss of Heath Dyer but you have no idea what you are talking about. Edited by grendal

You obviously don't know much about them,they lost one player who averaged about 10 a game,he was a small forward and a shut down defender.They return both guards and are better at handling pressure but a little weaker on defense with the loss of Heath Dyer but you have no idea what you are talking about.

From what I have seen, they don't run a whole lot of offense and are definitely weaker on defense this year. Since you seem to know so much about them, who are the teams that stand in their way of returning to the state tournament? Not saying they won't get there but every team has teams that can beat them on a given night.

From what I have seen, they don't run a whole lot of offense and are definitely weaker on defense this year. Since you seem to know so much about them, who are the teams that stand in their way of returning to the state tournament? Not saying they won't get there but every team has teams that can beat them on a given night.

I think the teams that would stand in the way of Clarksville Academy going to state would be Perry County, Wayne County, and Summertown.

You obviously don't know much about them,they lost one player who averaged about 10 a game,he was a small forward and a shut down defender.They return both guards and are better at handling pressure but a little weaker on defense with the loss of Heath Dyer but you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have seen all of their home games this year:)

What do you say the chances are for any of these teams knocking Clarksville Academy out of a chance to repeat?

Obviously because thats who Clarksville Academy would possibly have to play in their sub state game. So those are the ones I think that have a chance of not letting Clarksville Academy make it back to state. Its pretty simple to understand.

Clarksvill Academy is the best Single A team in the state, bottom line. If anybody beats them in post season it will be considered a true upset. That goes for middle, west and east TN. Anytime a Single A team has two, not one, legit D1 players it's going to be a tall order to knock them off. Not to mention these two D1 kids are both 6'5, skilled and can play above the rim. They can dominate the paint on the offensive end and DEFEND the paint o the defensive end and I would have to believe they will have a decisive rebounding advantage no matter who they may or may not play in post season. They can go inside out. So basically you better be a good shooting team that doesn't turn the ball over and you need to play almost flawless to have a chance to beat them and it would help to have the refs on your side too. The margin for error is rather slim, REMEMBER again this is Single A. Maybe two or three teams form the West that can give them a run if they could get one of the Smith kids in foul trouble, mainly Malocm because he dominates the paint in a way you just don't see in Single A. Martin can slash and knock down the three ball but Malcom is the one who impacts the game more, in my opinion. I have no idea what they're stats are but I know Malcom can kill it down low plus he can put the ball o the deck when he has to.

Anybody can be beat but to beat Clarsville Academy in Single A will be TOUGH. I look for them to win the State again. I'm not sure who they lost from last seasons team but I know they had some other good players on last years team.

Edited by yankees8589

Clarksvill Academy is the best Single A team in the state, bottom line. If anybody beats them in post season it will be considered a true upset. That goes for middle, west and east TN. Anytime a Single A team has two, not one, legit D1 players it's going to be a tall order to knock them off. Not to mention these two D1 kids are both 6'5, skilled and can play above the rim. They can dominate the paint on the offensive end and DEFEND the paint o the defensive end and I would have to believe they will have a decisive rebounding advantage no matter who they may or may not play in post season. They can go inside out. So basically you better be a good shooting team that doesn't turn the ball over and you need to play almost flawless to have a chance to beat them and it would help to have the refs on your side too. The margin for error is rather slim, REMEMBER again this is Single A. Maybe two or three teams form the West that can give them a run if they could get one of the Smith kids in foul trouble, mainly Malocm because he dominates the paint in a way you just don't see in Single A. Martin can slash and knock down the three ball but Malcom is the one who impacts the game more, in my opinion. I have no idea what they're stats are but I know Malcom can kill it down low plus he can put the ball o the deck when he has to.

Anybody can be beat but to beat Clarsville Academy in Single A will be TOUGH. I look for them to win the State again. I'm not sure who they lost from last seasons team but I know they had some other good players on last years team.

I agree, Clarksville Academy is the favorite to win the State again but they have yet to be tested throughout the season and I think that just sets a high school team up for a major fall when you're that good and you have a weak schedule. Some of the teams that have a legit shot at beating them are Humbolt, CSAS, and Forrest.