How good (or not) is Clarksville Academy?

silverdalefan

This is about CA not 12A or Forrest, but since you started. Forrest may not be the best in 9A no one ever said so or has ever said anything to be exact about Forrest being better than anybody. 12A is not that great either who has anybody beat in that district that is so great. Heck Summertown is on the downward spiral and are easy to figure out. They don't feed the post, they drive, they drive, and they force up bad shots. I got to see them at Forrest and they wasn't exactly breath taking, athletic but not great. Forrest is short and fast but thats it not very good this year either but has done the job so far.

CA is the best team in the region and sub-state. They killed Lawrence Co. and Summertown was beat not once but TWICE by them. Yeah Summertown is so awesome. Can they make it to the sub-state ? Yes because of coaching and no.12. Will they who knows thats why you play the game? I hope Summertown does I think they are a quality program EVERY year but Vandychris is ignorant.

If you follow the thread, Ii am not the one that brought up Forrest beating Clarksville Academy-someone else did and I was refuting that. Ii have also never said that Summertown was going to state--I have said however that whoever finishes as runner-up in region 6A would most likely lose at CA (go back and read that and I just happen to know my region very well and know that district 12A is much better than district 11A and the two coming out of region will be from 12A). I also said that Forrest may not be the best team in their respective district and that 9A also has nothing on 12A--that being said to make my point that was stated from the begining that unless McEwen can upset them in the region finals Clarksville Academy has a clear path to state.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Forrest is a legit threat to knock of CA, Ii am proud for you. I don't think Forrest is even the best team out of their district--that might very well be Huntland. Tthat said, the Forrest/Huntland district has nothing on 12A.

I don't know who you "think" you are, but you obviously aren't. You are correct on one thing, Huntland could beat Forrest and that is why they play the game. As far as Forrest not having anything on 12A, they beat Wayne County on their home court and split with Summertown. What does 2-1 say to you, idiot? And last, anyone with "Vandy" in their login name shouldn't be talking about sports to begin with.

I don't know who you "think" you are, but you obviously aren't. You are correct on one thing, Huntland could beat Forrest and that is why they play the game. As far as Forrest not having anything on 12A, they beat Wayne County on their home court and split with Summertown. What does 2-1 say to you, idiot? And last, anyone with "Vandy" in their login name shouldn't be talking about sports to begin with.

Oh, and I almost forgot, Forrest beat Collinwood too. 12A is an excellent district but don't come on here bad mouthing 9A when you don't know what you are talking about.

2-1 says your 60% against our 2nd and 3rd place team. Good Job. :thumb:

CA will win it all...This has been a weak 1A year...There is not another big name team out there that would give them much of a challenge...

Westwood would be the least intimidated by them...Humboldt has the athletes, probably more top to bottom, but doesn't have the coaching...

I've looked at the schedule as well...Pretty weak...They don't play anyone if you compare their schedule with say a Union City who has played Southwind, Dyer County, Covington, Humboldt (2x's) and CPA among other ranked or ranked at one time during the season teams...Their schedule won't affect what they do in tournament play this season, in my opinion...

CA will win it all...This has been a weak 1A year...There is not another big name team out there that would give them much of a challenge...

Westwood would be the least intimidated by them...Humboldt has the athletes, probably more top to bottom, but doesn't have the coaching...

I've looked at the schedule as well...Pretty weak...They don't play anyone if you compare their schedule with say a Union City who has played Southwind, Dyer County, Covington, Humboldt (2x's) and CPA among other ranked or ranked at one time during the season teams...Their schedule won't affect what they do in tournament play this season, in my opinion...

Who do you consider a "big name" team? Someone from W.TN or M.TN? CSAS from E.TN lost to CA by 9 in the state final four last year. They played a terrible game against CA last year, have everyone back and have had a great season so far and are dramatically better. But I guess they are not a "contender" in your opinion.........

Who do you consider a "big name" team? Someone from W.TN or M.TN? CSAS from E.TN lost to CA by 9 in the state final four last year. They played a terrible game against CA last year, have everyone back and have had a great season so far and are dramatically better. But I guess they are not a "contender" in your opinion.........

CSAS would be another team that could give them a game based on what they did last season and what they have returning...

BTW...CA didn't play their best game last year in the finals either..

CSAS would be another team that could give them a game based on what they did last season and what they have returning...

BTW...CA didn't play their best game last year in the finals either..

Their game was better than CSAS that day.

BTW.....CSAS tried to play CA this year and no matter what dates they offered CA would not play. CSAS even offered to travel to CA on a Tuesday night that was open for both teams and Coach Smith said NO. ???

Edited by taydizzle

Their game was better than CSAS that day.

BTW.....CSAS tried to play CA this year and no matter what dates they offered CA would not play. CSAS even offered to travel to CA on a Tuesday night that was open for both teams and Coach Smith said NO. ???

What would this match up have proved...nothing. Honestly a 4 and a half hour drive for a high school basketball game is rediculous especially one that has no post season implications. CA got beat by White House Heritage this time last season and did that mean the they were better than CA? All these regular season meetings are fun to talk about but in the end all that matters is who is playing better in the Murphy Center. I have never seen a gold ball given to someone who won a big matchup in the regular season. Let the season run its course and it will all be settled on the court like it should be.