Bradley Stats - All Time

BayouBear

I was asked by several folks last night to provide the following Bradley information. Here it is......

First state place winner - 1982 - Ron Johnson - 4th

First State Champion - 1984 - Steve Logsdon

First Tournament OW Award - Heath Eslinger - 1995

First State Duals Championship - 1994

First State Traditional Championship - 1998

State Duals Championships - 12

State Traditional Championships - 10 (thru today)

Total Outstanding Wrestler Awards - 7

All time placewinners (1982 thru 2010) - 144

State Champions - 50

Runner Ups - 28

Total 3rds - 25

Total 4ths - 18

Total 5ths - 9

Total 6ths - 14

I was asked by several folks last night to provide the following Bradley information. Here it is......

Most people in Chattanoga area will know this, but Steve Logsdon is the current coach at Bradley Central and Heath Eslinger is the coach at UT Chattanooga.

Edited by bradley86

Most people in Chattanoga area will know this, but Steve Logsdon is the current coach at Bradley Central and Heath Eslinger is the coach at UT Chattanooga.

Are Heath Eslinger and Steve Logsdon on speaking terms now? I knew there was very bad blood between them when Eslinger left to be an assistant at UTC. Logsdon didn't like that at all.

Those are tremendous team stats accumulated after the split with Baylor/McCallie/FR.

Yes, very impressive. Bradley never wrestled in the State Duals until 1993 when they finished Runner-up to McCallie. The next year,in '94, they defeated Father Ryan in the finals, then defended it in '95, knocking off Baylor along the way.

How many of the 10 traditional state championships occurred before the split?

Look it up.

But with out looking it up I would guess that the answer is zero. But give the current coach some credit for getting the team where it is today. I think he took over there in the early 90's as head coach. So why not look at that aspect of it as well. The man can can coach and the data shows the performance of his teams over that period.

I would also say, like many others have in the past, a larger pool and more difficult tourny is one that you must win to get in (district/regions) than one where you entire team makes the cut without any qualifications. It would be interesting to see a tournament with all teams in the traditional and see what happens.

Look it up.

But with out looking it up I would guess that the answer is zero. But give the current coach some credit for getting the team where it is today. I think he took over there in the early 90's as head coach. So why not look at that aspect of it as well. The man can can coach and the data shows the performance of his teams over that period.

I would also say, like many others have in the past, a larger pool and more difficult tourny is one that you must win to get in (district/regions) than one where you entire team makes the cut without any qualifications. It would be interesting to see a tournament with all teams in the traditional and see what happens.

I have to agree with you Tex. It would be very hard to argue against Logston being a very good coach. He gets fantastic efforts out of his wrestlers and they are always extremely well prepared.. Go Raiders