Go Bears, Go Ben Smith!

texas23

Coach Smith,

Thank You for your apology and I was buying it until the last line referencing the AG/Expo center as a "Cow Palace, showing a total lack of respect for TSSAA and Williamson County. Williamson County is fotunate to have such a facility to support there youth and accomodating 4H, athletic and graduation events and many more activites. My sons have competed in many national wrestling tournaments is similar facilities and the sponsors were glad to have their use. If the facilities are good enough for a national competition I believe they are good enough for the State of Tennessee and its wrestling participants. It is also a slap in the face to those people that have put in countless hours to put it on for our athletes.

Kudos to TSSAA for requiring our coaches, athletes, parents, and fans to higher level. Coaches and parents, what EXAMPLE are we setting for our youth with our actions. I don't believe coach or fan/s involved this weekend were setting a good example. We can all learn from it. Lets move on and have a GREAT individual state tournament!!!

Colokid:

Whether you buy my apology or not is not on me. I was as sincere as I can be and those who truly know me, know that. Those around the BC wrestling program and Chattanooga wrestling community know my passion and love for the sport and the life lessons it teaches. Like you, C'kid, I'm human and made a mistake...a mistake that I paid for dearly. You, however, must be above reproach. That must be something to be proud of. I was removed and I apologized, what more would you like for me to do?

With that being said, I apologize once again to anyone in and around the Williamson Co area that I may have offended by my Cow Palace reference. It was nothing personal and made in jest to bring some humor to a dark situation. My apologies. Bradley Co. is a very, very rural area as well with 4H in every elementary school. I have the up-most respect for it as I do anything that benefits, uplifts, and helps children become better ppl. Please accept my apologies once again. Have a good night, Colokid, I have to go finish coaching our JV at our local Area JV Championship while you type away on your computer at home.